which generation are you from

what generation were you born into?

• the "greatest generation" born before 1946, so like you might remember WW2 or the depression

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • baby boomers, 1946 to 1964, the people who either made the world better or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
Here_Is_When_Each_Generation2_zps9edca9ec.png

I am defo a part of:
Realitybitesposter.jpg

Generation X(not the band) & sorry, I always think of the above film when I hear that term :o
however, it seems that while many of us fall into the stereotype of being some combination of:
intellectual, materialistic, slacker & disenfranchised :rolleyes:
studies show that a lot of my generation are:
educated, active, balanced, happy and family oriented :eek:
what about you?

update:
this thread inspired by a short article I read
http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/here-is-when-each-generation-begins-and-ends-according-to-facts/359589/

Last edited:
Here_Is_When_Each_Generation2_zps9edca9ec.png

I am defo a part of:
Realitybitesposter.jpg

Generation X(not the band) & sorry, I always think of the above film when I hear that term :o
however, it seems that while many of us fall into the stereotype of being some combination of:
intellectual, materialistic, slacker & disenfranchised :rolleyes:
studies show that a lot of my generation are:
educated, active, balanced, happy and family oriented :eek:
what about you?

Gen X!

I am not materialistic.

Same with me, Generation X

nor am I, but I think it comes out other ways, I am big on "quality", often much more so then people of different age groups then me :straightface:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0t99WmSCM‎[/video]
:p

yay, we've taken the early lead :thumb:

We rule the school, baby!

Gen X!

I am not materialistic.

Obsession with weight is materialistic. You judge the material portion of the person versus the spiritual or moral portion of the person.

hey ReBi, I know CG likely just trolled for some kind of response(without even seeing it) :crazy:
but please ignore it or respond to it elsewhere :o thanks :)

Obsession with weight is materialistic. You judge the material portion of the person versus the spiritual or moral portion of the person.

I am a materialist, in a metaphysical sense of the word. I believe that the only thing that exists is matter. I am not a materialistic person--one who places excessive value upon material objects/goods (consumerism/capitalism). You have your definitions mixed up. BTW, there is no such think as a spirit, according to a materialist. So your point is moot.

- - - Updated - - -

hey ReBi, I know CG likely just trolled for some kind of response(without even seeing it) :crazy:

OK dear. I'll do my best for the rest of the day. Should be easy as I will be away from my PC for a while. Have a great sleep Robby. Bye for now.

Last edited:
OK dear. I'll do my best for the rest of the day. Should be easy as I will be away from my PC for a while. Have a great sleep Robby. Bye for now.
good, I should sleep soon anyways, just did not want to come back in see the umpteenth back and forth of :gun: in here :straightface:
especially with you in the middle of it
anyways, bye :)

Gen X

I am a poster child for what the studies have found. I am the opposite of the stereotype.

It's called participating in the conversation, Robby. Quit telling people who they should like, what they should do and who is a troll and not a troll. You're a control freak.

so I was out n' about and was talking about generations with people when a Chinese person schooled me on how they have their own whole "generation" thing here
only its breaks down like this:

Pre-60s, their "gr8 generation" the ones still in charge

Post-70s, which for some reason means people born in the 70s :confused: they are supposedly characterized by being once "freedom loving" but now more interested in making $, when I heard this I thought that could describe anybody around 40 rather than 20 :lbf:

Post-80s, also sometimes called China's Generation Y* in spite of China's "1 child policy" this amounts to 240 million people :straightface:
they are seen as the optimistic generation here, spoiled by others
and either way, the engine which drives the booming economy here, many as slaves to it, somethings gotta give
I don't think they are going to wait for the their elders to die off before demanding a bigger share :cool:

Post-90s, this is the "sexual revolution generation" here in mainland China, the older members of this generation are often still not married, they are far more likely to date who they want to and many of them even engage in premarital sex :eek:

*=a misnomer in my opinion since they are nothing like our western "Generation Y"

I'm Gen X too, although I'm on the cusp of Gen Y, being born in the late 70's. I have affection for both the 80's (when I was a kid) and the 90's (teenage years). I know many won't agree but I'll always have the ultimate soft spot for early-mid 90's alternative because that's when I was "coming of age" :o

Back
Top Bottom