The First of the Fans to Die...

K

king leer

Sorry...the subject line was just an attention-getter that came to me. I hope no Morrissey fan dies (literally or figuratively)...and if they do, I hope they die a happy person. Morrissey himself seems to finally have attained some happiness, and he looks wonderful for it.

Saw the clip of the Kilborn show. I love The First of the Gang...it's unbelievably catchy without being throwaway pop, and has many of the hallmarks of great Morrissey lyrics. The only thing I would say is that after the Lads rock out during the bridge, I wanted some of that heaviness to stay during the final verse. Can't wait for the single. Will this gem end up a B-side? (he's done it before!).

These days Morrissey's voice is in top form...maybe the best it's ever been. His singing cannot be matched by any living performer -- at least not in the genre of popular music...or in the genre of unpopular music.

xox

the only thing i didn't like about the performance of "The First of the Fans to Die" was the ending embellishments.

the "...away he hay he hay... aye he hay he hay... he stole our hearts away... oh... aye he hay he hay... aye he hay he hay... etc..."

all that extra stuff seemed like just filler. i hope it's not on the official recording. i thought it was a tad silly-sounding.

Actually, I liked that part as well. But hey, that's just me.

> the only thing i didn't like about the performance of "The First of
> the Fans to Die" was the ending embellishments.

> the "...away he hay he hay... aye he hay he hay... he stole our
> hearts away... oh... aye he hay he hay... aye he hay he hay...
> etc..."

> all that extra stuff seemed like just filler. i hope it's not on the
> official recording. i thought it was a tad silly-sounding.

> Actually, I liked that part as well. But hey, that's just me.

Not just you! I love when Morrissey does that kinda shit, and I loved it in this song! That's classic Moz, man. The excitement is coming back...finally!!! Watching that song felt like...like...the sunrise in the morning of a day that you know is gonna be so great. He may have one more peak in his career left in him yet.

Back
Top Bottom