Why didn’t Morrissey want my gift?

S

Stefan Johnsson

I travelled all the way from Sweden to see Morrissey in Santa Barbara. I always wanted to give him a gift to show my appreciation but I have always been too far from the stage. This time, however, I was in the front row and held up this flag that I had painted for Morrissey but he didn’t want to take it when I handed it to him. He just shrugged his shoulders and seemed confused. This disappointed me since I worked a lot on this flag. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

flag.jpg

Don't take it personally, he just likes to tease people.

He has a rather wicked sense of humor.
That's a great likeness, much better than most people's efforts.
Next time you see him try again, you might have better luck. At least he didn't take it and throw it to another fan in the crowd as he often does!

> I travelled all the way from Sweden to see Morrissey in Santa Barbara. I
> always wanted to give him a gift to show my appreciation but I have always
> been too far from the stage. This time, however, I was in the front row
> and held up this flag that I had painted for Morrissey but he didn’t want
> to take it when I handed it to him. He just shrugged his shoulders and
> seemed confused. This disappointed me since I worked a lot on this flag.
> Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

he can't take all the gifts and letters people want to give him. Don't worry anymore. Sorry for you.

I don't know, Stefan

It is a nice flag. I can only imagine that he didn't grasp that you were handing it to him; maybe he thought you were just holding it up to be seen.

It's beautifully done,but what would he do with a flag of himself? It's better appreciated in your or another fan's possession.

I don't know, I'll bet he either didn't realise you were actually offering it to him rather than just showing him, or he felt bad taking it because you'd obviously worked so had on it, as I'm sure he can't keep most of the gifts people give him, he would need a warehouse to keep them in! Plus it would look better on your wall than folded up in a box in his attic.
I think you should get more of them made up and sell them at the shows, it's miles better than the crappy shirts they're selling on the tour, and I'd rather spend my money on that! It really is wonderful, well done.

aww... don't feel bad!

As we all said..it's very nice. I've been to a few shows and i've seen people reach out to give him things and he rarely takes them. What can he do with it when he's on stage you know?.. Someone else had a good idea when mentioning you make them and sell them to other fans who'd love something with such likeness! Just don't feel bad cuz I'm sure we've all tried to give moz something at one time or another and weren't always successful

That is absolutely gorgeous! If you are willing to part with/sell it, let me know...

~Alicia