Steve Croce - disappeared

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
As I try to figure out what goes on here I read a lot of the posts and looked at the posters. One that stuck out to me was username Steve Croce. He had a barrage of activity in a short amount of time revealing some pretty personal stuff. I remember something like 200 plus posts in a month or so. I thought "how do you do that". In fact it may be so but I don't remember if he said he was a Morrissey fan other than probably knowing the music because he said he was a DJ.

To me, some of the topics were "roll your eyes" type like

What is love
My match.com profile

Others were, you are obviously hurting type like

Mental health

Well I noticed he deleted his profile and edited the posts (3/3/14) I saw to reveal nothing. But I found that when he was quoted, they stay on the forum.

image.jpg

Is this typical, a new poster flies in, lays a barrage of self seeking, then realizes, oh shit, that was compulsive, says to much about the real me.

I don't know if this is a cautionary tale? There are times in life when you want to hit the red button and delete all, but shit that was when I was a teenager. Who has to do that as an adult?

I did not know Steve very well, but I liked the way he presented himself.
I was sorry to see him leave in such an abrupt fashion.

It seems rather odd that you have gone to so much effort as to find such a personal comment he made, which was quoted, and re-post it in a thread you created about him.
Surely, you realize how many others have come and gone.
What are your true motives?

Last edited:
I did not know Steve very well, but I liked the way he presented himself.
I was sorry to see him leave in such an abrupt fashion.

It seems rather odd that you have gone to so much effort as to find a such a personal comment he made, which was quoted, and re-post it in a thread you created about him.
Surely, you realize how many others have come and gone.
What are your true motives?

Life to me is as simple as the game on Sesame Street "which one of these things does not look like the other". Observe the obvious (motivation) and this user looks like the banana in the boxes with 3 apples.

I surely do realize, that's why I state as a question is this typical. Is it? For my short time here, it's the only one I saw, burn bright with such promise for contribution and then vanish.

Life to me is as simple as the game on Sesame Street "which one of these things does not look like the other". Observe the obvious (motivation) and this user looks like the banana in the boxes with 3 apples.

I surely do realize, that's why I state as a question is this typical. Is it? For my short time here, it's the only one I saw, burn bright with such promise for contribution and then vanish.

He was a bright light.
Over the years I've been here (and 10,000+ posts :rolleyes:), I've seen more than a few vanish like that.

It's also not about him but what he did, that seems odd. For me, effortless, I am a details kind of person, it's how I operate.

This is the first time I have witnessed someone delete their entire profile. I didn't even know it was possible until now.

I have seen at least five people delete their entire blogs. Many of which were several years in the making. What triggered each to act so impulsively in such a permanent fashion? I don't know.

Last edited:
This is the first time I have witnessed someone delete their entire profile. I didn't even know it was possible until now.

Well, RB... you missed some of the good years here. Years that were full of drama, angst, recklessness, impulsiveness, shame, excitement, and regret.. :guitar: :lbf:

Well, RB... you missed some of the good years here. Years that were full of drama, angst, recklessness, impulsiveness, shame, excitement, and regret.. :guitar: :lbf:

Haha. Man I wish I was here back then. :lbf: I need to be sure to stick around for now on so I don't miss anything. :p

Re:

It's rather odd to see Steve Croce asked site administrator to delete his account, possibly he might felt that he exposed himself too much.

Site administrator usually does not bother to delete user account because it takes some time to do so.
However, in this case there was a valid reason which David agreed to delete his account.

In the past some users asked to delete their accounts then created another one.

Re:

I doubt I'd feel ashamed to write something...even if I did delete my last blog :o

He didn't really write anything threatening or controversial though, did he? He even put up his dating profile!

Re:

It's rather odd to see Steve Croce asked site administrator to delete his account, possibly he might felt that he exposed himself too much.

Site administrator usually does not bother to delete user account because it takes some time to do so.
However, in this case there was a valid reason which David agreed to delete his account.

In the past some users asked to delete their accounts then created another one.

You say it was odd for him to ask........ but then say there was a valid reason....... :crazy:

Re:

Whoever he was, I wish him the best. TheBoywiththeDragonTattoo bolted three or four weeks ago. He was a cool poster. Applebuttaz disappeared in the summertime. He was solid too. TheHandThatRockstheCradle has pretty much disappeared. She's cool too. I wish them the best. It appears that they've all had a........

"Change of Heart" by Bruce Dickinson

"Here I sit

Alone in a window

the rain falls down

on the glass, in the cold

all my life

I've been waiting for a moment

it never came, maybe never it will

ah, sometimes I don't know"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

Damn right.
I found his posts wetter than a fishes' wet bits.

That's pretty wet.

In all seriousness, he just seemed like the kind of c*** you hated in high school. Good looking dude playing the humble nice guy bullshit routine; the girls fawn all over him, the emotional depth of a piece of plywood which of course doesn't matter to them because he's attractive, and drops hints about his money from time to time, and all that crap.

A waste of space.

Re:

"Fireworks" by Siouxsie & the Banshees

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom