Putin's takeover of the Ukraine, what should be done?

the Ukraine, what should we do?

• root for Putin! it his "god given" right to re-establish Czarist Russia!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • European approach; empty words, but in the end let him get away with it

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • American approach; act first, think later, maybe make it worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • somewhere in between option 2 and 3, if that is even possible, but time is of the essence

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I don't care, I prefer to keep my head in the sand

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trolls skewing the vote aside :rolleyes: I'd like to know who voted for the American approach :guitar:

Or maybe, God forbid, some people have a different opinion than you do. I know it is a hard concept...

Robby, "Act first, think later..." I'm guessing - does not encompass the approach that most Americans would like to make.
Of course, I'm making this assumption without my awesome wonderwoman superhero signature, which was deemed semi inappropriate. :rolleyes:

Or maybe, God forbid, some people have a different opinion than you do. I know it is a hard concept...
I know, right :o

Robby, "Act first, think later..." I'm guessing - does not encompass the approach that most Americans would like to make.
Of course, I'm making this assumption without my awesome wonderwoman superhero signature, which was deemed semi inappropriate. :rolleyes:
yeah, well, I exaggerated the weakness of the "European approach" so I thought it was only fair to do the same for ours :straightface:
and your signature was one of the best :) pretty lame if "the powers that be" made you get rid of it :cool:

large_McCain-SmileBethlehamPa_2008_Meye.JPG

http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-ukraine-crimea-160807712.html
sometimes I do love me some McCain :o Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country :lbf:

Malaysian Airliner just crashed in the Ukraine

Hold on to your seats...

Is shooting down a passenger plane a step too far?

That c*** Putin will have some explaining to do for sure.

He's right in Syria, and has a sort of point in Ukraine, but whichever side shot down this airliner is royally shafted.

What is what going to take, exactly? For people to stop killing each other?

I guess. I dunno. I mean this is blip compared to the nightmare in Syria, but it gets Westerner's attention becuase "Hey, I fly on a plane sometimes."

Last edited:
Is shooting down a passenger plane a step too far?

That c*** Putin will have some explaining to do for sure.

Those of us that support Putin do so for the simple reason that he is a leader that defends old values that many of us still want to see in place. Blaming Putin for it is perhaps the most silly statement I have ever read or heard. I have taken up russian studies to prepare for the new times that await us all. People on the street openly state that they prefer Putin to the so called democracy most countries have now. I would think many countries have supplied new spies to work for Putin and his government.

Word on the streets of Ukraine is that it was the american government that were behind the missile attack on the big bird in the sky. This was of course done to make Putin look bad and put pressure on him and in that scenario a flight carrying people from the far east is of course expendable.

I have a friend who is an observer in Ukraine and that is what he told me. Do I need to state that any americans in the area are in deep trouble?

we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the last

one thing I have found common cause with many Chinese on is their low opinion of most Russians, the term that I hear most often is "she xie"* :straightface:
it basically means "blood thirsty" this terrible tragedy only confirms that :(
but also strengthens the growing bond between Americans, the rest of the West, the people of China on the one side with Russia and its lackeys on the other
this means Russia will only slip into further isolation, as it should, eventually that wretched part of the world will completely collapse and we should be ready to step in with China to remake it :thumb:
and yes, that is exactly what Putin and his cronies are doing, just as Hitler paved the way for Russian domination of the rest of Eastern Europe, the only real end game here is China carving up what remains of the Russian empire**, leaving only a truncated state, along the lines of what happened to Germany after WW2, only don't expect the Russians ever to rise from those ashes as the Germans did, because let's face it, too many of them just love violence, tyranny and backwardness for that to ever happen
though, I would love to be wrong, not all Russians are evil :o

*=you basically say it: shi(short i vowel sound) she(long e vowel sound)
**=many Chinese thinking of it as a historical inevitability and I am coming to agree with them

Last edited:
Re: we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the la

one thing I have found common cause with many Chinese on is their low opinion of most Russians, the term that I hear most often is "she xie"* :straightface:
it basically means "blood thirsty" this terrible tragedy only confirms that :(
but also strengthens the growing bond between Americans and the rest of the West on the one side & the people of China on the other, while Russia only slips into further isolation, as it should, eventually that wretched part of the world will completely collapse and we should be ready to step in with China to remake it :thumb:
and yes, that is exactly what Putin and his cronies are doing, just as Hitler paved the way for Russian domination of the rest of Eastern Europe, the only real end game here China carving up what remains of the Russian empire, leaving only a truncated state, along the lines of what happened to Germany after WW2, only don't expect the Russians ever to rise from those ashes as the Germans, because let's face it, too many of them just love violence, tyranny and backwardness for that to ever be wrong
though, I would love to be wrong, not all Russians are evil :o

Now if you said this about the Middle East, I could get behind that....

Re: we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the la

Now if you said this about the Middle East, I could get behind that....
almost all the shit that goes down in the Middle East is because of two things:
1. we buy oil from Saudi scum
2. we unconditionally support Israel*

I'd like to think that an end to point #1 would mean the same for #2 :cool:

so yeah, not just for the planet's ecology :)
but to allow the Middle East to return to being the largely sandy, powerless, filled with ancient ruins region its supposed to be :straightface:
we just gotta stop using so much gasoline back in the good ole US of A, whatever way possible, alternative fuels, mass transit projects, whatever it takes!

*=the money of the American people almost directly bank rolls the arsenals that surround Israel and threats to its security, the real ones I mean, not kids throwing stones or the morons with RPGs

Back
Top Bottom