Putin's takeover of the Ukraine, what should be done?

the Ukraine, what should we do?

• root for Putin! it his "god given" right to re-establish Czarist Russia!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • European approach; empty words, but in the end let him get away with it

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • American approach; act first, think later, maybe make it worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • somewhere in between option 2 and 3, if that is even possible, but time is of the essence

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I don't care, I prefer to keep my head in the sand

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those of us that support Putin do so for the simple reason that he is a leader that defends old values that many of us still want to see in place. Blaming Putin for it is perhaps the most silly statement I have ever read or heard. I have taken up russian studies to prepare for the new times that await us all. People on the street openly state that they prefer Putin to the so called democracy most countries have now. I would think many countries have supplied new spies to work for Putin and his government.

Anyone who supports Putin is a c***.

Re: we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the la

almost all the shit that goes down in the Middle East is because of two things:
1. we buy oil from Saudi scum
2. we unconditionally support Israel*

I'd like to think that an end to point #1 would mean the same for #2 :cool:

so yeah, not just for the planet's ecology :)
but to allow the Middle East to return to being the largely sandy, powerless, filled with ancient ruins region its supposed to be :straightface:
we just gotta stop using so much gasoline back in the good ole US of A, whatever way possible, alternative fuels, mass transit projects, whatever it takes!

*=the money of the American people almost directly bank rolls the arsenals that surround Israel and threats to its security, the real ones I mean, not kids throwing stones or the morons with RPGs

It is far too late to think either of those solutions are going to change anything, as it is naive to place the majority of the blame on those two factors. The collision course is inevitable at this point...the ill will is ingrained in their culture thanks to decades of Western meddling and a dominating, fanatical religion. History is going to keep repeating itself until they finally decide to up the stakes and take this to a point they can't come back from.

Re: we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the la

Apparently 108 of the world's top AIDS researchers were on the plane on their way to a conference in Melbourne. Some RUSSIAN HOMOPHOBIC f*** literally shot down the cure to AIDS out of the sky. :mad:

Smart people, sports teams, elite groups, TAKE SEPARATE FLIGHTS.

http://jezebel.com/108-top-aids-res...source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

EDIT: Somehow 108 has been lowered to 7. :squiffy: That's a stretch. Somewhere in the distance an exaggeration is being processed...

Makes me feel better about the future of AIDS research. THat would've been horrible.

Last edited:
Anyone who supports Putin is a c***.

We will accept getting called that as long as old values are still in place in some part of the world. You simply cannot defend the open minded madness that is going on now historically or scientifically.

We will accept getting called that as long as old values are still in place in some part of the world. You simply cannot defend the open minded madness that is going on now historically or scientifically.

A c*** is a c*** no matter how old the homophobic or Tyrannical the values. God forbid anyone who would want to question old values like those.

Last edited:
A c*** is a c*** no matter how old the homophobic or Tyrannical the values.

I don't mind getting called whatever as long as the heterophobes and feminist marxists are trying their hardest to throw this world into disorder without any historic or scientific backing. It has been tried before and it will fail again.

I don't mind getting called whatever as long as the heterophobes and feminist marxists are trying their hardest to throw this world into disorder without any historic or scientific backing. It has been tried before and it will fail again.

Lol, when does your time machine arrive back in 1762?

It is far too late to think either of those solutions are going to change anything, as it is naive to place the majority of the blame on those two factors. The collision course is inevitable at this point...the ill will is ingrained in their culture thanks to decades of Western meddling and a dominating, fanatical religion. History is going to keep repeating itself until they finally decide to up the stakes and take this to a point they can't come back from.
It's well thought out posts like this that make me think that you are just kidding about the whole "pro-Putin" thing VH :thumb:
and of course I was over simplifying the issues in the Mideast, truth be told, having been there and felt an an overwhelming feeling of dread almost the entire :straightface:
something in my heart tells me that the only way there will ever be peace there is when there are no people there :eek:
however, I would like to see their issues confined to themselves, not with us involved in massive arms dealing with all sides :crazy:
oil $$$ :sick: as mentioned before :o
and our(USA) unconditional support Israel, I really do believe that them counting on us letting them get away with anything is why they go as far as they do
and there is no doubt in my mind, that for many who really hate the USA, this backing of Israel is a big reason why they go looking for us as targets :(

Last edited:

Russia has always been an empire. But it has never attacked first, and as a result destroy the aggressors and liberating other countries. Is not it so?

Russia has always been an empire. But it has never attacked first, and as a result destroy the aggressors and liberating other countries. Is not it so?

I would not say that they have a history of liberating other countries. Ask Poland about how Russia 'liberated' them.

I would not say that they have a history of liberating other countries. Ask Poland about how Russia 'liberated' them.

Russia has attacked far less countries than the US. People should get their own houses in order before having a go at others. There are no good guys, east or west, just a bunch of bastards trying to carve up the planet for their own selfish ends.

And no one cares that there was a democratic government in Ukraine that was replaced by the right-wing, who seem to be sympathetic to the west. There ARE no good guys.

And that's the double truth.

Russia has attacked far less countries than the US. People should get their own houses in order before having a go at others. There are no good guys, east or west, just a bunch of bastards trying to carve up the planet for their own selfish ends.

And no one cares that there was a democratic government in Ukraine that was replaced by the right-wing, who seem to be sympathetic to the west. There ARE no good guys.

Cry away as the "wah-bulance" comes to attend to your needs. No one mentioned the US. Why bring it up? So you can point a finger? I responded to a comment that made mention that Russia never attacked first and has been a liberator. Go read the comment that I replied to. Reading comprehension. Try it.

The US came into being in 1776 and while the recent war in Iraq, Vietnam, and other "foreign adventures" indeed do not do a service to our record :o
the fact is that it has been over a century since any war involving the US resulted in the territorial expansion of our territories, the Spanish American war to be exact and even there the territories in question have since become completely independent, one as a close ally in Asia(the Phillipines)
and the other as an advesary although hostile to, Cuba, time and time again the US has not chosen to invade Cuba even though many wanted just this when Castro came to power, the CIA even tried acting on its own to force a US president's hand, "Bay of Pigs" to no avail
and although I am personally against many of the foreign entanglements my country has become involved in, the fact remains that there is no comparing those economic and political driven efforts with the unceasing wars of conquest that Russia has conducted against its neighbors since Tsarist Russia came into existence in 1547. The Czars wars of expansion, extermination and forced assimilation really were not effectively checked until their defeat by the Japanese in the early part of the 20th century and that decline was followed by the eventual rise of the Soviet empire which was the largest of all Russias ever :eek:
so to think that the Russian leaders have changed their ways, flies in the face of 5 centuries of history, changing this would not only benefit the rest of the world, but likely benefit the Russian people, as it did Germany :guitar:

The US came into being in 1776 and while the recent war in Iraq, Vietnam, and other "foreign adventures" indeed do not do a service to our record :o
the fact is that it has been over a century since any war involving the US resulted in the territorial expansion of our territories, the Spanish American war to be exact and even there the territories in question have since become completely independent, one as a close ally in Asia(the Phillipines)
and the other as an advesary although hostile to, Cuba, time and time again the US has not chosen to invade Cuba even though many wanted just this when Castro came to power, the CIA even tried acting on its own to force a US president's hand, "Bay of Pigs" to no avail
and although I am personally against many of the foreign entanglements my country has become involved in, the fact remains that there is no comparing those economic and political driven efforts with the unceasing wars of conquest that Russia has conducted against its neighbors since Tsarist Russia came into existence in 1547. The Czars wars of expansion, extermination and forced assimilation really were not effectively checked until their defeat by the Japanese in the early part of the 20th century and that decline was followed by the eventual rise of the Soviet empire which was the largest of all Russias ever :eek:
so to think that the Russian leaders have changed their ways, flies in the face of 5 centuries of history, changing this would not only benefit the rest of the world, but likely benefit the Russian people, as it did Germany :guitar:

I don't really see much difference in what the US does and what Russia does, maybe Russia just don't give a f*** what the rest of the World thinks but that's all. The aim of the game is the same for both, more money and more power to them at the expense of other countries. The US ensures that other Nations have regimes which are favourable to them while the Russians just invade and take over. The end product's the same though.

someone should bomb the supply lines comming in from russia once they enter ukraine. they cant complain about supply lines they say dont exist.

I don't really see much difference in what the US does and what Russia does, maybe Russia just don't give a f*** what the rest of the World thinks but that's all. The aim of the game is the same for both, more money and more power to them at the expense of other countries. The US ensures that other Nations have regimes which are favourable to them while the Russians just invade and take over. The end product's the same though.
the end product, hmm, don't really believe thats the same for tyrants like Putin and the rest of us :rolleyes:
and maybe its just my own personal experience of living in countries subject to American pressures on the one hand and others that actually have been invaded by the Russians, one fairly recently* :eek:
or the one I am in now, which must place millions of troops on their border with Russia, just to keep the Russians in line :cool:
but yeah, I don't see 16th century "Realpolitik" as practiced still by Russia as really being analogous to what is practiced by the State Department in the 21st century
but hey were going around in circles, as people always do here, reminding me, I've better things to do then argue with apologists for the likes of Putin :thumb:

*=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Georgian_War**
**=thought it was pretty cool that when I typed into "google search" Russian invasion of b4 I could type Georgia it volunteered an almost endless list of names of countries invaded by Russia in recent memory :lbf:

ps:I honestly believe that if not for so badly tarnishing American prestige with a trumped case for war against Iraq :crazy:
that the US would have the political capital to do something tangible about what is going on in places like the Ukraine, Syria, etc, etc
chalk that up to another casualty of that frakkin war :mad:
pps: but on another note, its always funny to me that no matter what country I go to in the world, almost no one ever attributes to me that I am supportive of the foreign policy of the US government, there seems to be an almost*** worldwide consciousness that their is within the USA, a large and vocal opposition to many of the policies of the US government at any given time, this is one of our freedoms
sadly, this is lacking in much of the world, especially Russia :straightface:

***=after re-reading this thread :confused: beginning to think perhaps this consciousness does not extend to our closest ally(always running into the burning building after us or helping us set fire to it as the case may be) the UK :p

...the fact remains that there is no comparing those economic and political driven efforts with the unceasing wars of conquest that Russia has conducted against its neighbors since Tsarist Russia came into existence in 1547. The Czars wars of expansion, extermination and forced assimilation really were not effectively checked until their defeat by the Japanese in the early part of the 20th century and that decline was followed by the eventual rise of the Soviet empire which was the largest of all Russias ever :eek:

Well said... I even gave you my first :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom