Putin's takeover of the Ukraine, what should be done?

the Ukraine, what should we do?

• root for Putin! it his "god given" right to re-establish Czarist Russia!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • European approach; empty words, but in the end let him get away with it

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • American approach; act first, think later, maybe make it worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • somewhere in between option 2 and 3, if that is even possible, but time is of the essence

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I don't care, I prefer to keep my head in the sand

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the la

and staying on topic, things seem to be getting even worse over there(Ukraine) :(

Agreed, people want to romanticize Putin's power grab but it does not seem like this is going to end very well across the board. With the crisis in the Middle East continually escalating, my worry is that Russia will use the background to achieve its power grab and go unchecked while the Middle East continually is the attention grabber.

Re: we are one step closer to the fall of Russia and its evil empire, again, let this time be the la

Agreed, people want to romanticize Putin's power grab but it does not seem like this is going to end very well across the board. With the crisis in the Middle East continually escalating, my worry is that Russia will use the background to achieve its power grab and go unchecked while the Middle East continually is the attention grabber.

I double Putin gives a shit what's going on elsewhere. The trick with him is he's prepared to do what nobody else is, that's why he'll continue unchecked.

Added to that, the US's recent overseas shenanigans means they aren't in a superior place. For proof see Iraq and Israel. Look a little deeper over time and see Central America and, well, any country with a left wing regime. As someone said a while back, there are no good guys.

Cry away as the "wah-bulance" comes to attend to your needs. No one mentioned the US. Why bring it up? So you can point a finger? I responded to a comment that made mention that Russia never attacked first and has been a liberator. Go read the comment that I replied to. Reading comprehension. Try it.

The balance being that people need to realise that there is no honour and your government, like mine do whatever it takes to get what they want. My point was that Tribalism is the most tedious concept when it comes to politics. No one lost more lives than the Russians when it came to the second world war and it's boring for people top revert to type when it comes to the remnants of the cold war. There are no good guys.

And i never read what you write lad. No one has that much spare time..:)

Well Poroshenko is playing right into Putin's hands right now. Did Kyiv honestly believe the best way of dealing with the situation was bombing the crap out of the place? Places like Luhansk have hospitals and graves full of innocent civilians, bombed by the Ukrainian forces. I say Ukrainian forces, the regular armed forces seem to be mostly very much skeptical of the whole campaign. People were seeing other people die and their supplies being cut off, begging for help and all Poroshenko could do was send more bombs. A lot of people naturally fled as a result, and the ones who remain appear to be rather anti Kyiv even if they weren't before the troubles. Indeed, today there was a mass celebration in the centre of Luhansk with Novorossiya flags waving.

Back
Top Bottom