Video Games!!

Are you a gamer?

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

Not sure if there's a similar thread. Mods if there is then please merge with any existing ones!

I think my top 3 favourite games are....

118696.jpg

300px-Sims_2_covers.jpeg

images

I love my dreamcast and all the games on there. I also have a gamecube and a PS2 (mainly play PS1 games on there), but I haven't bought any other new consoles as I don't think I have enough interest in gaming to buy any of the newer consoles.

Please state your love for gaming here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say I'm a very occasional gamer. I never leave gaming in a happy mood...usually its frustrated and angry. Then I wonder to myself "why do I even bother getting myself into this mood?"

I don't have that problem with my top 3 games though.

They just opened up a 25cent video game palace, featuring the classics of the 80's & early 90's, in the west side of town. Its pretty dimly lit, with red light bulbs everywhere, and a beer bar. They have about 100 video games & pinball machines. I was shocked to see some of these jewels in there....

bubbles.jpg

Bubbles

Food Fight.jpg

Food Fight

Paper Boy.jpg

No great pics of the machine, so I posted the man himself.

Ikari Warriors.jpg

Ikari Warriors. One of my favorites.

Ghostbusters.png

I ain't 'fraid of no pinball. Terrible pic.

It was like traveling back in time. My friend & I stayed there for an hour playing games. It was great! Overall, I still like board games better though.

Also they had a good sound system, that played strictly 80's Billboard hits. Hits like this Power Pop nugget from the winter of '85-'86.....

"Your Love" by The Outfield

-If you're in a pursuit of Power Pop heaven, please press play.

I liked playing one called Crystal Castles at the Circle K store. It was probably better then because when you ran out of coins you were done. You had to walk somewhere to play the game so you got exercise, and you got to interact with other people at the arcade. I quit playing video games after Super Nintendo. I played Yoshi's Island so much that I would dream about playing it. I fave it to some friends.

I watched an episode of Pokémon with a niece years ago and thought to myself...if only Godzilla would appear and dirt stomp these ridiculous critters in to poke pancakes it would be worthy of repeat viewing. Pikachu that, motherf***ers! Haha. Godzilla never appeared and I was one and done. I recall parents being publicly tormented by their little lovelies for the Pokemon game cards...yearning for the days when they could beat their children in public without being arrested. All of it silly. Kid's stuff. Well, I gave Pokémon X a try and it's...it's addictive as hell. I'm having a ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to complete (basically failing)

polls_Tomb_Raider_1_Box_0321_204040_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

One of the all time classics.
Have played it over and over again.
Only last year I got the whole series 1+2+3+4+5 from GOG Games http://www.gog.com/games
So I can play on my PC.
It saves using the TV.
In fact I think the games are on offer now very cheap and worth every penny(cent)

http://www.gog.com/game/tomb_raider_123

http://www.gog.com/game/tomb_raider_the_last_revelation_chronicles

Sorry to hear your struggling.
It took me weeks and weeks to do the first time.

The other classic I go back to time and time again is Final Fantasy 7

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/games/final-fantasy-vii

Last edited:
Star_Wars_Racer_Revenge.jpg

I've decided to play something else (my annoying Tomb Raider collection will have to wait) which led me to this! I've played it a handful of times today and I've already decided that I've bought yet another game I cannot play very well (nothing surprising there). The annoying game rules include that if you crash your pod racer then you die. It's prequel was made for the dreamcast and that was one of my favourite games growing up. You could crash your pod and it would spawn from it's place, which was ideal for a child as you didn't have to restart the race unless you lost it. Maybe this game has the difficulty of beating my nostalgic thoughts?

Star-Wars-Racer-Jeu-Dreamcast-852577035_ML.jpg

Well the new Slender: Arrival update hasn't really added anything new. You basically die a second time. Still haven't figured out the candy canes yet. Anyone else figured it out?

1619647_443421855793656_7345516965100395466_n.jpg

Tried Tomb Raider 4 as I found Tomb Raider 3 was broke! Can't get any further than I did back in 2001. Sod it! You can't call them games!
I also beat the first level of the podracers game, then I didn't pass the second level so I threw my controller and turned it off. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another go :D

My six-year-old neighbor Ben is amazing. There's a big battle going on between his parents and their neighbors over noise complaints, I've got the owner here, we're moderating, tensions are high, people are on the verge of tears, hugs are required after it all. In the middle of all this huge tension (this kid is amazing btw, fought cancer and won, is pumped up on steroids now which is why he's buzzing all the time and probably takes the stairs louder than he should) anyway, in the middle of all this tension that he's COMPLETELY ignoring he grabs my my hand, pulls me over to the couch and makes me watch a tutorial on Minecraft. I say "Do you know what's going on?" and he says he does, his sister Amy is bored because she's seen it already, THEY BUILD LEVELS IN MINECRAFT. He's SIX. He's explaining what all the hearts mean and what's going on and I'm lost just seeing guns and grey walls but Ben has this shit nailed. :D It was a refreshing break from all the adult drama that seems kind of stupid now that it's over.

My six-year-old neighbor Ben is amazing. There's a big battle going on between his parents and their neighbors over noise complaints, I've got the owner here, we're moderating, tensions are high, people are on the verge of tears, hugs are required after it all. In the middle of all this huge tension (this kid is amazing btw, fought cancer and won, is pumped up on steroids now which is why he's buzzing all the time and probably takes the stairs louder than he should) anyway, in the middle of all this tension that he's COMPLETELY ignoring he grabs my my hand, pulls me over to the couch and makes me watch a tutorial on Minecraft. I say "Do you know what's going on?" and he says he does, his sister Amy is bored because she's seen it already, THEY BUILD LEVELS IN MINECRAFT. He's SIX. He's explaining what all the hearts mean and what's going on and I'm lost just seeing guns and grey walls but Ben has this shit nailed. :D It was a refreshing break from all the adult drama that seems kind of stupid now that it's over.

I know. Everyone at the school I work at has that game and it's a massive craze at the moment! It shows games don't need the most amazing graphics to simulate a child's mind. I hope they bring back Crash Bandicoot and Croc and make more Mario and Sonic games for the new generation of kids. The market still needs more space for kids in my opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom