6/17 - Wilmington, Delaware - Grand Opera House

I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Wilmington, Delaware show at the Grand Opera House. I lived in Wilmington for years. It's an odd little town. If anybody has questions about the locale, restaurants, etc. please feel free to reach out to me. As a long time (30 years on) fan of Morrissey, it's the least I can do...

Was just thinking tonight about how great this show would’ve been. Sigh.

Was looking forward to this show more than any other!! I had scored a lovely hotel after searching for hours & hours after everything else had sold out.
And I would have had the pleasure to see modrevolve who helped me greatly with planning.

Was looking forward to this show more than any other!! I had scored a lovely hotel after searching for hours & hours after everything else had sold out.
And I would have had the pleasure to see modrevolve who helped me greatly with planning.

The Mrs. and I agreed that next time a tour is announced (Moz willing) we are not sleeping on getting tickets. As far as booking a hotel, I don't know only because if it gets cancelled not sure you can get a refund on that portion but as far as the ticket, at least you get your money back there. I'm about 45 mins or so from Wilmington so it would've been such a treat.

The Mrs. and I agreed that next time a tour is announced (Moz willing) we are not sleeping on getting tickets. As far as booking a hotel, I don't know only because if it gets cancelled not sure you can get a refund on that portion but as far as the ticket, at least you get your money back there. I'm about 45 mins or so from Wilmington so it would've been such a treat.

Yeah, Mr. Chickpea and I are doing as many as we can next time, even if it means heading to the UK. We have friends in Manchester and London, so at least if the shows don't happen we'll have a nice vacation for the cost of the plane tickets.

As far as booking a hotel, I don't know only because if it gets cancelled not sure you can get a refund on that portion but as far as the ticket, at least you get your money back there.

I ALWAYS book a fully refundable hotel (until day-of, or if absolutely no other option exists, the day prior) for any show I plan on going to. Locking into a hotel rate (even a good one) that is non-flexible for Morrissey is gamble that often times does not pay off.

Last edited:
I actually did book non-refundable for Memphis through Hotwire because of the rate but I figured even if he didn't play, I was still going regardless. Noone ever visits Wilmington, Delaware just for the heck of it.
I ALWAYS book a fully refundable hotel (until day-of, or if absolutely no other option exists, the day prior) for any show I plan on going to. Locking into a hotel rate (even a good one) that is non-flexible for Morrissey is gamble that often times does not pay off.

Yeah, Mr. Chickpea and I are doing as many as we can next time, even if it means heading to the UK. We have friends in Manchester and London, so at least if the shows don't happen we'll have a nice vacation for the cost of the plane tickets.

Oh my...I'd love to see him in the UK but....kids. LOL I hope we both get our wish!

you should bring them along and just hand them up to Morrissey to hold and cuddle like so many parents seem to be doing at shows these days.

My oldest (8) is a fan of Moz, or at least that's what he tells us. My youngest (4) is not a fan but I think he's jealous that Moz has gotten so much attention at our house lately!

you should bring them along and just hand them up to Morrissey to hold and cuddle like so many parents seem to be doing at shows these days.

I know, for a fact, that I'd love to see a kid who doesn't like Morrissey get up there on stage and sass him a bit. I would kill to see Morrissey's response since he's mentioned before that the little ones only like him because their parents do (and that children don't impress him because they all get by merely on looking cute). Any kid who would sass him...well, I bet he'd steal that child away and keep him as his own because the kid thinks for himself. Talk about a show he would never forget!

Or...would he pull a Nebraska and toss the mic down and walk off if a four-year-old told him, "I don't LIKE you because my mom and dad play you too much and you're annoying!"? Oh, man....oh, man....Let's all hope he goes back to the Opera House in Wilmington once he's well and willing, eh?

I actually did book non-refundable for Memphis through Hotwire because of the rate but I figured even if he didn't play, I was still going regardless. Noone ever visits Wilmington, Delaware just for the heck of it.

Ugh. Wilmington. I remember it well. I do miss that bag lady who always wore white and walked around with plastic grocery bags. I gave her a ride once on a rainy day and she was a HOOT. Are you familiar with her? She's pretty much an institution to Wilmingtonians.

It amazes me that he brings kids up on stage. He doesn't appear to like kids very much.

My husband and I love seeing people's horrified faces when we tell them we don't want children.

It amazes me that he brings kids up on stage. He doesn't appear to like kids very much.

My husband and I love seeing people's horrified faces when we tell them we don't want children.

I never, ever EVER make a horrified face when someone says that. I friggin' cheer those couples on. (Usually, this shocks them, too, because no one ever expects to hear a mom say that, but I tell the truth about kids because, well, the more you know.....) I admire people who opt out of parenthood. I think it's wonderful. People who make those kinds of faces are asshats who just fell into the next-step mold of reproducing and they think parenthood is, like, the BEST thing that can happen to a human being. It's not. It's definitely not.

I'm also insanely jealous of couples without kids...with all that freedom...with all those wonderful, quiet hours of peace. *sigh*

I never, ever EVER make a horrified face when someone says that. I friggin' cheer those couples on. (Usually, this shocks them, too, because no one ever expects to hear a mom say that, but I tell the truth about kids because, well, the more you know.....) I admire people who opt out of parenthood. I think it's wonderful. People who make those kinds of faces are asshats who just fell into the next-step mold of reproducing and they think parenthood is, like, the BEST thing that can happen to a human being. It's not. It's definitely not.

I'm also insanely jealous of couples without kids...with all that freedom...with all those wonderful, quiet hours of peace. *sigh*

This is pretty great to hear, thank you. I've never wanted children, but I always assumed someday that whole biological clock thing would happen and I'd suddenly want kids, but…it didn't. I'm now almost 40, and I'm more than happy to just be an aunt. All of my friends get it (even the ones with kids of their own), but it's easy to start feeling like a leper when pretty much everyone—especially doctors—assumes there must be some horribly sad reason why I don't have children.

I was really a bit shocked by Morrissey's mention in Autobiography that he'd considered having a child (excuse me, I mean a "mewling miniature monster"), and it does surprise me when he brings kids on stage. Of course, it also surprises me that their parents put them there! I guess it's different nowadays, though...kids do so many things with their parents that I can't imagine happening 30 years ago.

This is pretty great to hear, thank you. I've never wanted children, but I always assumed someday that whole biological clock thing would happen and I'd suddenly want kids, but…it didn't. I'm now almost 40, and I'm more than happy to just be an aunt. All of my friends get it (even the ones with kids of their own), but it's easy to start feeling like a leper when pretty much everyone—especially doctors—assumes there must be some horribly sad reason why I don't have children.

I was really a bit shocked by Morrissey's mention in Autobiography that he'd considered having a child (excuse me, I mean a "mewling miniature monster"), and it does surprise me when he brings kids on stage. Of course, it also surprises me that their parents put them there! I guess it's different nowadays, though...kids do so many things with their parents that I can't imagine happening 30 years ago.

I didn't want children either and everyone always kept saying, "OH! You'll change your mind...blah-blah-blah." (Isn't that the most annoying thing ever?!) While I do love my children, I want to pull my hair out a lot. I also spend a lot of time wondering where I'd be if I wasn't presently a part-time worker, full-time stay-at-home mom...with hardly any support system. I understand when someone says "Nope. No kids for me!" I never say, "You'll change your mind," but I may joke that they may "have an accident one day." I think it's swell when people avoid parenthood, especially if they already know it's probably not their cup of tea.

When I found out Moz's stance on kids, I thought, "THANK GOD! A man after my own heart!" LOL! I know exactly from where he's coming on that choice. And, yes, it shocked me a ton when he mentioned the whole "mewling miniature monster" in the autobiography. My jaw dropped and I went, "WHAT?!" I think I actually put the book down and stepped away. Haha! Didn't expect that. I still can't figure out why everyone was talking about Jake, but no one mentioned the Dehghani-bomb.

As for the kids being put on stage by their parents, I wouldn't have a prob doing it IF my kid wanted to go up there. However, my son went to Fall Out Boy a bit ago and met Pete Wentz backstage and my boy was sooooo socially awkward that it was embarrassing. Luckily, Pete was cool because his kid is shy, too. I'm pretty sure that, if Moz held out his hand and begged for my son to get up there on stage, my son would shake his head and probably vomit at being made a spectacle of. He has a shyness that is criminally vulgar. Hahahahaha!

freds wife perhaps? i always liked that greenday let a young kid get up on stage and play a song with them when they were on the pop disaster tour and then keep the guitar. got to see that tour, saves the day opened i think touring stay what you are which was also pretty rad. as for meeting pete, hell be bragging about that one day to someone im sure, very cool. wilmington is also pretty neat as were sorta close to it on the eastern shore of maryland where i grew up. cambridge specifically

der should have actually read thread before poosting a reply to the first comment but im watching rockford files and am distracted.

Back
Top Bottom