Morrissey in Los Angeles (May 10, w/Tom Jones), Brooklyn (June 21 w/Cliff Richard) - TTY

Re: Article: Morrissey in Los Angeles (May 10, w/Tom Jones), Brooklyn (June 21 w/Cliff Richard) - TT

As someone posted 20 minutes before you -- it's on Tom Jones' official site.
So unless it's a joint gag, it's 4 real.

It's not really confirmation as it is based on the TTY story

Re: Article: Morrissey in Los Angeles (May 10, w/Tom Jones), Brooklyn (June 21 w/Cliff Richard) - TT

Hoping he'll do some TV show appearances while he's in LA & NY to promote the new album. :thumb:

Let's see if it is true first.

It is a measure of just how far Morrissey's stock has fallen in the last few years that it is hard to tell either way.

Once you might have seen such a poster and thought "Ah, good joke." Now you look at such a thing and shrug and say, "Yeah, nothing would surprise me at this point."

True or not a tofu-in-a-basket Vegas residency cannot be far away.

These are sad times.

Always so predictable, always on a downer, never anything good to say, how sad and depressing your life must be, are you suicidal? Either go and get help or grow some balls and put yourself out of your misery

Amazing news! Cliff Richard is one of my favs too and Tom Jones is great too, playing in LA is a very clever movement, 2014 will be Morrissey year for sure, new album, new tour, beggining with those great gigs the year, Long Live Stredford Poet!

It's not really confirmation as it is based on the TTY story

For the pedant...
Sir Tom Jone's website lists the gig and states:
"Please note this is a Morrissey headlining show"
http://www.tomjones.com/tour-dates/

And from Sir Cliff Richard's site...Morrissey support confirmed. ..
http://www.cliffrichard.org/news/index.cfm?page_id=16
Confirmation enough for you...?
You're welcome.
FWD

If you can't be bothered to follow the link:
"Calling all US & Canadian Fans - Cliff is delighted to announce that he will be the Special Guest of Morrissey who is playing at The Barclays Center, New York, USA on Saturday June 21st 2014. *Tickets will be on sale from Friday 21st February. *More information on tickets will be available closer to the time."

Last edited:

For the pedant...
Sir Tom Jone's website lists the gig and states:
"Please note this is a Morrissey headlining show"
http://www.tomjones.com/tour-dates/
And from Sir Cliff Richard's site...Morrissey support confirmed. ..
http://www.cliffrichard.org/news/index.cfm?page_id=16
Confirmation enough for you...
You're welcome.
FWD
If you can't be bothered to follow the link:
"Calling all US & Canadian Fans - Cliff is delighted to announce that he will be the Special Guest of Morrissey who is playing at The Barclays Center, New York, USA on Saturday June 21st 2014. *Tickets will be on sale from Friday 21st February. *More information on tickets will be available closer to the time."

Awesome!!

Yes Crystal go away and maybe this site will be a little bit better than in the past, but, sadly, you'll come back, you and your silly hate for Kristeen Young. Personally I think Kristeen is the only interesting thing related to Morrissey, of course, I'm very curious about his new disc.

Your opinion is noted, anonymous. You might consider however that Kristeen got less than 200 fans to "like" that she's releasing a new album. I'm pretty sure I got more people to read a blog entry I wrote about taking a shit. If she wants some pro tips on how to be successful she needs to become less of a horrible person.

Your opinion is noted, anonymous. You might consider however that Kristeen got less than 200 fans to "like" that she's releasing a new album. I'm pretty sure I got more people to read a blog entry I wrote about taking a shit. If she wants some pro tips on how to be successful she needs to become less of a horrible person.

I think (and Im not the only one) that you are so very jealous of Kristeen, she's pretty, talent, thin and Morrissey love Her

Morrissey sharing a bill with Cliff Richard!
Oh please let this be a hoax.
Cliff Richard must surely be the most embarrasing artist of all time.

So, here we go again with the sad opening act. Will we be subjected to the same garbage songs hacked by Tobias and company? Meat is Murder needs to be retired as well as some of the other sorry songs that he has been trodding out in recent years.

Seriously, why not go to the strong songs and really make it a stellar show with Disappointed, National Front Disco, Mute Witness, Frankly Mr. Shankly, etc.

Then we will have the idiots throwing the blue roses around thinking they are all part of some secret society.

Fan? Irony upon irony.
Haven't you trotted out this same old garbage before?
Is it saved in your drafts along the review of the forthcoming album?.
Here's an idea........don't go!! Everyone's a winner!

Morrissey sharing a bill with Cliff Richard!
Oh please let this be a hoax.
Cliff Richard must surely be the most embarrasing artist of all time.
Pretty sure all 3 sites are not in cahoots to create a hoax.
It's certainly an odd choice, but I think Cliff's early career had some merit.
My view is that if he's in black and white footage, he's tollerable.
(Much like Elvis before he started his hula-hula nonsense).
When he met Billy Graham, that's when he became the artist you describe.
Just my take,
Cheers,
FWD

Always so predictable, always on a downer, never anything good to say, how sad and depressing your life must be, are you suicidal? Either go and get help or grow some balls and put yourself out of your misery

Apparently, you rarely have a view on Morrissey.

As entertaining as it is for me to see you come here, once more, solely to discuss my views, and not Morrissey's latest desperate PR stunt, explain how (allegedly, because I'll believe it when I see it) trying to get Sir Cliff Richard on the bill is a good idea?

Perhaps this is the beginning of a new Morrissey touring policy. No more Nantucket Wheel Tappers' and Shunters' Social Club on a dreary Tuesday, and now just concentrating on the big cities. Just roping in a few stars to accompany him. A sort of Rolling Blunder Tour for the 21st Century. Maybe he's thinking, "Well if I break a fingernail and can't make it on stage at least the audience have seen The Three Degrees belt out "When Will I See You Again?"

Sir Cliff, who was relevant for three months in 1959, is, or should be, anathema to everything Morrissey pretends -and there's the key word - to hold dear. His entire career is woven inextricably with the British state and Royal family. If Morrissey is going for a David Bowie and Bing Crosby vibe neither he nor Sir Cliff quite have the style to carry it off as their predecessors did.

What next? Daniel O'Donnell perhaps? A duet with Johnny Logan? Morrissey would look good in a chunky knit sweater. I understand Geoffrey from Rainbow does a mean Motown set, or how about Eddie Large for the Manchester home-coming gig? Is he free? Don't bother looking it up - the answer is yes, always.

The Guardian opened up comments on their coverage of this bullshit six hours ago. So far it has garnered all of twenty-five comments. Now there hangs a tale.

Morrissey is taking the piss out of you. Fortunately, you deserve it, and are far too idiotic to notice.

As entertaining as it is for me to see you come here, once more, solely to discuss my views, and not Morrissey's latest desperate PR stunt, explain how (allegedly, because I'll believe it when I see it) trying to get Sir Cliff Richard on the bill is a good idea?

Perhaps this is the beginning of a new Morrissey touring policy. No more Nantucket Wheel Tappers' and Shunters' Social Club on a dreary Tuesday, and now just concentrating on the big cities. Just roping in a few stars to accompany him. A sort of Rolling Blunder Tour for the 21st Century. Maybe he's thinking, "Well if I break a fingernail and can't make it on stage at least the audience have seen The Three Degrees belt out "When Will I See You Again?"

Sir Cliff, who was relevant for three months in 1959, is, or should be, anathema to everything Morrissey pretends -and there's the key word - to hold dear. His entire career is woven inextricably with the British state and Royal family. If Morrissey is going for a David Bowie and Bing Crosby vibe neither he nor Sir Cliff quite have the style to carry it off as their predecessors did.

What next? Daniel O'Donnell perhaps? A duet with Johnny Logan? Morrissey would look good in a chunky knit sweater. I understand Geoffrey from Rainbow does a mean Motown set, or how about Eddie Large for the Manchester home-coming gig? Is he free? Don't bother looking it up - the answer is yes, always.

The Guardian opened up comments on their coverage of this bullshit six hours ago. So far it has garnered all of twenty-five comments. Now there hangs a tale.

Morrissey is taking the piss out of you. Fortunately, you deserve it, and are far too idiotic to notice.
Fine post, 'The Barleycorn' and all so true.
A shame. what with the book, that I really liked, and an album in prospect, I had high hopes of being able
to actually admire the man again.

I suppose Morrissey feels a kinship with Cliff because Cliff, gets no air time on radio.

Fine post, 'The Barleycorn' and all so true.
A shame. what with the book, that I really liked, and an album in prospect, I had high hopes of being able
to actually admire the man again.

Would you like a straw? Then you can suck up barleycorns arse even more

You are the only commenter who seems to really understand why Jones/Richard. Thanks for your insight.

I can't help thinking that this is the push for acceptance into the pantheon of Grand Old British Singers, that the Matt Monro and Al Martino-a-thon hinted at. We're going full crooner. Anyway, a while go, those Danish janglers Northern Portrait did quite a nice version of a Cliff Richard song...

P.

P.S Just how long does one try to convince the public that Kristeen Young is on the cusp of the Big Time?

Last edited by a moderator:

my view on morrissey is that I like his music, love his concerts and find most of statements interesting and amusing, I am not vegetarian, I don't live my life by the word of moz, but neither do I waste my time ranting constantly, unlike you

Back
Top Bottom