13 obvious (and not so obvious) musicians who can claim Irish heritage - entertainment.ie

Re: 13 obvious (and not so obvious) musicians who can claim Irish heritage - Internet Article

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/...cians-who-can-claim-Irish-heritage/354743.htm

1. MORRISSEY

mozrobbie.JPG

As if you couldn't tell by the name, Steven Patrick Morrissey is the son of two Dubliners, Elizabeth Dwyer and Peter Morrissey, who emigrated to Manchester in the 1950s. Both sides of his family hail from Crumlin in Dublin, and what's more, he's even distantly related to footballer Robbie Keane - their grandfathers were cousins. He addressed his heritage in his solo song 'Irish Blood, English Heart' - but in fact, 3/4 of his former band The Smiths had Irish blood too, including Johnny Marr, whose parents were from Kildare, and drummer Mike Joyce, whose parents hail from Abbeyleix and Shrule.

2. BOY GEORGE
3. MARIAH CAREY
4. LIAM AND NOEL GALLAGHER
5. JOHNNY ROTTEN
6. KATY PERRY
7. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
8. DUSTY SPRINGFIELD (born Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien)
9. GOOD CHARLOTTE
(there is no 10. for some reason)
11. RIHANNA
12. JOHN LENNON & PAUL MCCARTNEY
13. BING CROSBY

neat didnt know that about bruce. i know they get a bunch of crap for being in good charlotte but joel is ok. they played annapolis arcade a lot and i mean a lot back in the day and were fine. they dont play it up but i know theyre proud of having an irish heritage

Re: 13 obvious (and not so obvious) musicians who can claim Irish heritage - Internet Article

Good Charlotte are not my bag musically AT ALL but the brothers seem like nice, good guys.

Good Charlotte are not my bag musically AT ALL but the brothers seem like nice, good guys.

yeah same here. not really my bag so to speak but i felt the hatred they got in "nap town" was just kinda unwarrented. joel and benji grew up not far from annapolis and were just normal kids who were brave enough to get up on stage. billy always really hated being in that band. he came into storm brothers one night when i lived downtown on the dock and we had a little chat about music and tats. he was really into goth music and i think a little embarrassed to be in good charlotte. he was also a very normal kid. havent spoken to any of them since those days

Ironically there is the slight Morrissey connection because the drummer was in Moz band around the Quarry era.

Ironically there is the slight Morrissey connection because the drummer was in Moz band around the Quarry era.

cool, didnt know that. i dont know much about there musical careers or anything such, i only knew them as people. in those times around that area if you were walking around with pink liberty spikes makeup and a bunch of piercings you tended to kinda gravitate towards one another. they could also i think clearly see that i had no interest in trying to impress them or be a hanger on in any way. billy and i had a laugh at how we hated but still shopped at hot topic which was new to us in those times.

13 obvious (and not so obvious) musicians who can claim Irish heritage - entertainment.ie

1. MORRISSEY

mozrobbie.JPG

As if you couldn't tell by the name, Steven Patrick Morrissey is the son of two Dubliners, Elizabeth Dwyer and Peter Morrissey, who emigrated to Manchester in the 1950s. Both sides of his family hail from Crumlin in Dublin, and what's more, he's even distantly related to footballer Robbie Keane - their grandfathers were cousins. He addressed his heritage in his solo song 'Irish Blood, English Heart' - but in fact, 3/4 of his former band The Smiths had Irish blood too, including Johnny Marr, whose parents were from Kildare, and drummer Mike Joyce, whose parents hail from Abbeyleix and Shrule.

2. BOY GEORGE
3. MARIAH CAREY
4. LIAM AND NOEL GALLAGHER
5. JOHNNY ROTTEN
6. KATY PERRY
7. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
8. DUSTY SPRINGFIELD (born Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien)
9. GOOD CHARLOTTE
(there is no 10. for some reason)
11. RIHANNA
12. JOHN LENNON & PAUL MCCARTNEY
13. BING CROSBY

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't knew the BOY was a paddy

and thney say he's mentall...Boy's keen...

- - - Updated - - -

liam and noel is 2 dumbheads so ther's no 10

sigh

ended my hippie years, back to suedehead, and I like it...great quiff and hair for a grown man of nearly 50

Re: Article: 13 obvious (and not so obvious) musicians who can claim Irish heritage - entertainment.

didn't knew the BOY was a paddy

and thney say he's mentall...Boy's keen...

- - - Updated - - -

liam and noel is 2 dumbheads so ther's no 10

sigh

ended my hippie years, back to suedehead, and I like it...great quiff and hair for a grown man of nearly 50
They're dumbheads? What on earth are you then?

Nearly 50 years of inane, badly cobbled together shite. Your posts are like a toddler's.

Re: Article: 13 obvious (and not so obvious) musicians who can claim Irish heritage - entertainment.

Heritage, Identity, Culture, YAWN! I am off to learn latin and reclaim my roman 'heritage'.

Heritage, Identity, Culture, YAWN! I am off to learn latin and reclaim my roman 'heritage'.

if you do then try then dont buy into the vocal translations. some people think that because they have latin words written for the sounds animals make that they can then think about what other words phonetics sound like. my wife knows latin as its helpful for understanding a lot of medical terminology. also just for fun and to connect the thread with the post if you see an irish person with a straight nose there probably roman irish from when rome concurred them and not of the celtic heritage

Morrissey moved to Ireland to avail of its tax-friendly concessions to artists. He left when those tax exemptions were rescinded. He openly advertises this in 'Autobiography'. His late recognition of his Irish heritage was just another chance to add another chip to his shoulder with his ludicrous victim-script anthem 'Irish Blood, English Heart' whereby he enlivened his bored sojourn in Hollywood by lying on the couch reading some gory history and imagined himself as a victim of Oliver Cromwell and British Royalty inbetween trips to designer clothing shops on Rodeo Drive and eating in steak houses. Etc.

His analysis of being of Irish descent is singularly vapid and fails to account for the almost complete failure of the Republic of Ireland to break free of foreign rule. Having got rid of 'the Brits' the local mafias merely painted the post-boxes green, bent and spread for Roman Clerics then surrendered their destiny to German, French and City of London bankers. Morrissey doesn't address these catastrophic failures as it would be rather ludicrous given he now flits from one tax efficient territory to the next.Watching the gormless Bono at Arsenal vs Monaco last night, it wouldn't have surprised me in the least to see Morrissey sitting alongside him discussing how 'Irish' they are as they jet around the world avoiding taxes and bleating about a history which is now absolutely nothing to do with them. Another reason to mock and dismiss Morrissey as a pseud. He's the ultimate Plastic Paddy, as are most of the eejits who live on that Bankster's Paradise of an island.

best
BB

This is one f***ed up list.

Isn't Bruce Springsteen Jewish? Who cares. At least Morrissey has Irish lineage not like U2, where only the drummer is of Irish lineage. they are the biggest Irish pretenders in the world. U2 wrote "Blood Sunday" for all the Americans of Irish descent to get all excited at concerts in the 80's so they could sell tickets, just like Morrissey did with "Irish Blood" it was written specifically to be played in concerts in America. I'm pretty sure he wrote that while laying in the sun on Redondo Beach too. Also, "First of the Gang" was specifically written to be played in the Southwest of the US so all the Mexicans can get excited at concerts.

All those Brits with Irish last names on that list are proud Brits, and if Paul McCartney was so Irish, why is he "Sir" Paul McCartney? John Lydon completely denounced his Irish heritage in "Anarchy in the UK".

If Morrissey and his "cousin" Robbie Keane are so close, why don't I ever see him going over to the Malibu house for tea and cookies with Nancy or whatever Brits eat with tea.

This is one f***ed up list.

Isn't Bruce Springsteen Jewish? Who cares. At least Morrissey has Irish lineage not like U2, where only the drummer is of Irish lineage. they are the biggest Irish pretenders in the world. U2 wrote "Blood Sunday" for all the Americans of Irish descent to get all excited at concerts in the 80's so they could sell tickets, just like Morrissey did with "Irish Blood" it was written specifically to be played in concerts in America. I'm pretty sure he wrote that while laying in the sun on Redondo Beach too. Also, "First of the Gang" was specifically written to be played in the Southwest of the US so all the Mexicans can get excited at concerts.

All those Brits with Irish last names on that list are proud Brits, and if Paul McCartney was so Irish, why is he "Sir" Paul McCartney? John Lydon completely denounced his Irish heritage in "Anarchy in the UK".

If Morrissey and his "cousin" Robbie Keane are so close, why don't I ever see him going over to the Malibu house for tea and cookies with Nancy or whatever Brits eat with tea.

i think his jewishness was religion based and not ethnically based. he called it therapy at one point i believe

Bruce is of Dutch and Irish descent. He was raised as a Roman Catholic.

he is jewish now though i believe correct? not important im just curious and when i looked it up i think thats what i read

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom