New record deal

Raphael Lambach

Is Morrissey really working a new album?

Could some moderator change the "d" of the title for "l"?

Last edited:
Re: New record dead

Is Morrissey really wirking in a new album?

Gooby pls.
dolan_duck_hd_hq_by_bojanglesthecat-d52ixnl.png

Yes - the new Morrissey record is coming out on the same label as Kristeen Young's new release, apparently.

He's half way through finishing his new album and half way to finishing his next book which is a novel.

not remotely likely given his often expressed reluctance to sign to an independent

It seems more likely to me that something was arranged with Visconti and Dave Grohl in the mix than a major suddenly developing interest over sales of an autobiography.

It seems more likely to me that something was arranged with Visconti and Dave Grohl in the mix than a major suddenly developing interest over sales of an autobiography.

Morrissey may have asked kristeen to be signed if he signs..or Tony, Dave and Morrissey came up with a plan.

Let's hope Morrisseys LP is good, it needs to be.
Kristeens will be average at best that much we know.
The only reason Dave was hooked up was to help Kristeen get press and a deal, still at 40 she can't. stand on her own two feet. Three years with Tony and Morrissey and she can't get signed.
She is basically an xfacter person.

Morrissey may have asked kristeen to be signed if he signs..or Tony, Dave and Morrissey came up with a plan.

Let's hope Morrisseys LP is good, it needs to be.
Kristeens will be average at best that much we know.
The only reason Dave was hooked up was to help Kristeen get press and a deal, still at 40 she can't. stand on her own two feet. Three years with Tony and Morrissey and she can't get signed.
She is basically an xfacter person.

No one is arguing that. I'm just curious where the original anonymous poster might have come across that information, or if it's just conjecture.

Someone on another thread said he was on Capitol records.

It was an anonymous poster though so don't know how true it is.

Note how KY's album is recorded, done, cover finished, and coming out 'soon' etc, but the record label has not yet been announced. I think the whole thing is tied up in a deal with Morrissey, or they are releasing her album as a 'sweetener' to get Moz on board. The smart money is on either Capitol Records or RCA. Either that or maybe Visconti is going to pay for it and sell copies out of the boot of his car at shows?

Got a feeling it might be a Quarry type of album. I love it when he makes us take ages to wait. I was underwhelmed by the last two efforts. This time I don't think I will be.

Note how KY's album is recorded, done, cover finished, and coming out 'soon' etc, but the record label has not yet been announced. I think the whole thing is tied up in a deal with Morrissey, or they are releasing her album as a 'sweetener' to get Moz on board. The smart money is on either Capitol Records or RCA. Either that or maybe Visconti is going to pay for it and sell copies out of the boot of his car at shows?

Yes that wouldnt be the first time Tony has done that
RCA would be good for Morrissey. I would say I feel sorry for kristeen being in situation where she is still stuck relying on Tony and Moz and now Dave.but it's hard to feel sorry for someone like her.
It means no matter how successful she gets she Will know deep in her heart that he didn't get any of this through talent, well not singing or musical talent she has done well though interns of being a " player"
After failing to get anywhere herself she imoved in with Tony lived off him and his " Tony Visconti introduces " tactics that didn't work, Tony ropes in Bowie, Brain from Placebo, Mr Stump, that didn't work.
She finds out that Tony is working with Morrissey gets Tony to show Moz some footage.and flies over to Rome.
Moz helps out takes her on tour on and off since 2008 that hasnt worked.
So now she is relying on Tony (who is only popular because of Bowie) Morrissey and Dave G.
If this doesn't work what the f*** is she gonna do then?
Will anyone really care about s novel? I doubt it.
Morrissey can hardly write words for his records the lyrics have been mostly f***ing shit for years
It's his voice that saves the songs and that has been going wrong of late.

The Your Arsenal reissue is coming out on Parlophone, which is now owned by Time Warner. So, presumably, Morrissey doesn't hate them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom