New record deal

Note how KY's album is recorded, done, cover finished, and coming out 'soon' etc, but the record label has not yet been announced. I think the whole thing is tied up in a deal with Morrissey, or they are releasing her album as a 'sweetener' to get Moz on board. The smart money is on either Capitol Records or RCA. Either that or maybe Visconti is going to pay for it and sell copies out of the boot of his car at shows?

Nothing pops up when you Google KY's album title "The Knife Shift".

From FB just now...

25oywes.jpg

100% agree let's all ignore her from now on

Some of us have been, from the very first excruciating note of her voice in late 2006. Hard to believe it has been that long.

If he is so urgently in love with music - and always discovering new bands/singers - I find it strange that he keeps shoving her down our throats on repeat. I'm confident there are dozens of aspiring acts who would open for Morrissey for practically nothing just to be heard - and you know that's a "win-win." It's become so tediously lazy and cheap to throw her out there year after year after year - largely to overwhelming apathy. That's great if she's "confrontational" and all - but what if no one is really listening to her message? When does pandering to personal taste and friendship become an affront to a good chunk of your fanbase? Wherever that line is, I feel he's long since crossed it.

Sorry, rant over. She's back on ignore from here out.

Got a feeling it might be a Quarry type of album. I love it when he makes us take ages to wait. I was underwhelmed by the last two efforts. This time I don't think I will be.

I hope you're right. Quarry was an absolute gem.

- - - Updated - - -

KY is Morrissey's Washington Generals.

Some of us have been, from the very first excruciating note of her voice in late 2006. Hard to believe it has been that long.

If he is so urgently in love with music - and always discovering new bands/singers - I find it strange that he keeps shoving her down our throats on repeat. I'm confident there are dozens of aspiring acts who would open for Morrissey for practically nothing just to be heard - and you know that's a "win-win." It's become so tediously lazy and cheap to throw her out there year after year after year - largely to overwhelming apathy. That's great if she's "confrontational" and all - but what if no one is really listening to her message? When does pandering to personal taste and friendship become an affront to a good chunk of your fanbase? Wherever that line is, I feel he's long since crossed it.

Sorry, rant over. She's back on ignore from here out.
He's trying to help her get her dream. The sad aspect is he quite unaware just how much of a user/ leech she is the stories going around about her are bad.
Mozza likes to have someone like her around, she's the ugly friend that makes him look good. I wouldn't read too much into what he says about her music
I Just read another thread and someone says look at the people involved in KYs new record
Tony, Dave and Her all famous via someone else and all known as shits in the music business.
Moz has surrounded himself with using f*** wits for years

Let's not help her by posting about her.
Would anyone be interested if she wasn't linked to mozza? FFS of course they wouldn't.

She's kinda like a train wreck or bad accident....you can't help but rubberneck at it to see what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom