reporting posts and getting no response about it

Some are convinced that they are being harassed, baited, etc, but I look at both sides but there are some natural biases when you report posts that involve yourself. In fairness, in this thread you were the first to bring up CG with this post:

"CrystalGeezer is a liar. It was proven in these forums just last week. You did absolutely nothing to her. You don't engage her. You ignore her. Anybody paying attention knows what the truth is. You are a much more valued and likable poster, Robby. Don't let this twit send you packing. She is evil. Pure evil."

I was discussing her to make my point, in THIS thread. She is part of the problem. She can discuss me in this thread.

Outside this thread, however, I have often replied to posts directed at me (answering a question or responding to a post) in various threads. She will then chime in--attacking me and my character, not my argument--in conversations that have nothing to do with her at all. It happens in the General and OFF-topic forums ALL THE TIME. This is what I mean by stalking. She did this in the Meat thread and Atheism thread numerous times. But also in the General forum when I was talking about Morrissey with other posters. I can't go anywhere on this site without her following me around and harassing me. Seriously. Ask others if they see it. Surely they do. I don't mind opposition, dissent, even an occasional anonymous post that tells me I am an idiot. But systematic baiting, harassment, stalking, and trolling is abusive. And the intent is to BE abusive. That is what abusers do if we allow them to be bullies. Moderation stops bullying.

When I say I will be willing to ignore her. That would mean, yes, I should not engage her, or talk about her either. Act as if she doesn't exist. And I likewise, wish--EXPECT--the same. To be ignored. She seems completely unable to do this on her own. If she were mandated to ignore those who wish to be ignored by her, such as myself and Robby, then maybe she would then have no choice but to respect this. This is part of the TOS. She violates it when she stalks, harasses, and baits. If I had never responded to her, I would be a victim, instead of a party in an ongoing feud. I am not a doormat, for Pete's sake. I stick up for myself. And look what happens as a result.

I WILL ignore her and stop talking about her outside this thread, including in my blog. But She NEEDS TO IGNORE ME as well. I want her to stop it now. She needs to treat me as if I am invisible. It can be done if both persons comply. I have a person on ignore. I don't reply to his posts. He ignores me. It works.

Can she leave people, who do not engage her and do not wish to have discussions with her, alone? I don't stalk people. I don't want to be stalked.

I am going to make my intent and expectations publicly visible in my signature. And, take note, when she violates my wish to be ignored. If she continues to engage, bait, and stalk me, then she will be guilty of harassment and should be given a time-out or banned. Period.

Last edited:

Why bother? David is purposefully being obtuse. If you've ever challenged his or the mods actions, consider yourself blacklisted and prepare for biased treatment.

He has made up his mind.
No solution anyone could offer (no matter how logical) will be taken into consideration, no new moderators will be recruited (no matter how many regular members volunteer), and no public poll will effect any situation...regardless of what has been claimed.

In the end, what members want does not matter. This is not a democracy. It's a Tsengtatorship. He'd rather there be dissension among members than questioning of his decisions.

Example - he didn't even bother to publicly confirm that I don't post anonymously even though I've asked him twice (once publicly, once in a PM yesterday) to dispel accusations that I do. He knows for a fact I don't as he can clearly see our IP address...but he feels there is no need to do something that would help me out after I've criticized how he runs his site.

Such pettiness.
84408e25-f514-4e8e-824e-59b4daf08258_dontcome1.gif

Yeah, I've never made any changes on the site, the site feedback forum is just for show.

I don't need to verify ip addresses just because a user requests it. You have used proxies in the past anyway, so it's not really anything that can be verified 100%.

Why bother? David is purposefully being obtuse. If you've ever challenged his or the mods actions, consider yourself blacklisted and prepare for biased treatment.

He has made up his mind.
No solution anyone could offer (no matter how logical) will be taken into consideration, no new moderators will be recruited (no matter how many regular members volunteer), and no public poll will effect any situation...regardless of what has been claimed.

In the end, what members want does not matter. This is not a democracy. It's a Tsengtatorship. He'd rather there be dissension among members than questioning of his decisions.

Example - he didn't even bother to publicly confirm that I don't post anonymously even though I've asked him twice (once publicly, once in a PM yesterday) to dispel accusations that I do. He knows for a fact I don't as he can clearly see our IP address...but he feels there is no need to do something that would help me out after I've criticized how he runs his site.

Such pettiness.
84408e25-f514-4e8e-824e-59b4daf08258_dontcome1.gif

This is not a democracy. It's a Tsengtatorship.

Lol, cry dictatorship after suggesting you should be offered special quid pro quo troll rights since you provided a bootlegged video and the intellectual property rights of the wiki. :rolleyes:

Anonymous posting works in David's type of forum. It is harmful in the second type--the type that the regulars participate in. If Viva did not make the anonymous posts that I accused him of making, I would appreciate it be known. Problem is, anyone can use a proxy these days. They are cheap, free, and any moron can figure it out. (I just researched this so I am now privy to this info.)

Viva, claiming you don't post anonymously isn't gonna cut it, unfortunately--especially when it has been proven in this thread that you are capable of lying to davidt, himself. He can only prove the posts came from a particular person--not that they didn't. If that person has a static IP or a dynamic one from a location that they always post from (for example, in my case, Cottonwood/Sedona) you can prove who it is. You cannot rule out who it isn't--EVER. If those posts don't have your IP, it still says nothing. You could be be using a proxy. Can only prove IS, not ISN'T.

It is unfortunate that I posted that regarding Viva. But only two people write the way he does (quirks which I will not reveal) and have the intelligence, and information needed to formulate those posts--Viva and Skylarker. I am convinced it is one or both of them.

This WOULD NOT even be an issue if those troll posts were never allowed to be posted in the first place. I blame this on a lack of proper moderation.

This WOULD NOT even be an issue if those troll posts were never allowed to be posted in the first place. I blame this on a lack of proper moderation.

If you want to post specific links, I can tell you the reason the post was approved. Generally there is something on-topic besides plainly being a personal attack. Something may get through that shouldn't have, that's possible as I skim through the approvals for violations if there are a lot and don't read every single one in detail.

Your analysis on IP address verification is correct.

The parenthetical asides are a tad TMI, IMO. :rofl:

Yeah, I've never made any changes on the site, the site feedback forum is just for show.

You've made changes you wanted to make. How many changes have you made to the site that you didn't want to make but a significant portion of members requested?

Looking through the visibly available 20 threads under the feedback forum, I see a lot of threads of you informing people of changes, a lot of threads where people are asking you to fix their posting mistakes, and a lot of threads where people complain about harassment and you giving the same answer in each of them.

I don't need to verify ip addresses just because a user requests it. You have used proxies in the past anyway, so it's not really anything that can be verified 100%.

You don't need to...but it isn't like you haven't done it before & haven't done it for me when we were on "better terms". You're the only one taking this personally.

Lol, cry dictatorship after suggesting you should be offered special quid pro quo troll rights since you provided a bootlegged video and the intellectual property rights of the wiki. :rolleyes:

Where exactly did I ask for "special troll rights"? Oh, that's right, you're talking out of your ass again.

Where exactly did I ask for "special troll rights"? Oh, that's right, you're talking out of your ass again.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...out-it?p=1986811873&viewfull=1#post1986811873

Read:
"Wahhhh, waahhhhh, wahhhhhhh. Why isn't CrystalGeezer being banned or warned when all I did was post tg;dr repeatedly in addition to a list of things I contributed to the forum that nobody else has...I should be able to post tg;dr all I want. Besides, I GAVE YOU THE WIKI!!!"

If a proposed change can be backed up with some valid reasoning and I'll certainly consider it. But if it's someone griping because something isn't going their way, then no. I may take a look if you give specific links to posts you are referring to as you did in the past, not non-specific ridiculous requests that require a lot of work like the one you just made - 'Can you confirm or deny whether I've been posting anonymously?'

You've made changes you wanted to make. How many changes have you made to the site that you didn't want to make but a significant portion of members requested?

Looking through the visibly available 20 threads under the feedback forum, I see a lot of threads of you informing people of changes, a lot of threads where people are asking you to fix their posting mistakes, and a lot of threads where people complain about harassment and you giving the same answer in each of them.

You don't need to...but it isn't like you haven't done it before & haven't done it for me when we were on "better terms". You're the only one taking this personally.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...out-it?p=1986811873&viewfull=1#post1986811873

Read:
"Wahhhh, waahhhhh, wahhhhhhh. Why isn't CrystalGeezer being banned or warned when all I did was post tg;dr repeatedly in addition to a list of things I contributed to the forum that nobody else has...I should be able to post tg;dr all I want. I GAVE YOU THE WIKI!!!"

How is that "special troll rights"? Where is a mention of the wiki, bootlegs, or what I feel are my contributions in that post?

Maybe if you didn't have the comprehension skills of a 4-year-old with down syndrome you could see where I asked for equal punishment to be dispensed...not special punishment. But, I guess you're used to having the term "special" used in association with you.

If you want to post specific links, I can tell you the reason the post was approved. Generally there is something on-topic besides plainly being a personal attack. Something may get through that shouldn't have, that's possible as I skim through the approvals for violations if there are a lot and don't read every single one in detail.

Your analysis on IP address verification is correct.

I notified you that I was being trolled.

One day, in the General forum in the James Blunt thread:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-press?p=1986810103&viewfull=1#post1986810103

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-press?p=1986810124&viewfull=1#post1986810124

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-press?p=1986810165&viewfull=1#post1986810165

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-press?p=1986810506&viewfull=1#post1986810506

Same day on other threads in Off-Topic:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...Thread?p=1986810107&viewfull=1#post1986810107

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...Thread?p=1986810115&viewfull=1#post1986810115

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...Thread?p=1986810117&viewfull=1#post1986810117

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...Thread?p=1986810151&viewfull=1#post1986810151

Another day, in the Women on the Verge thread:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...kdowns?p=1986804609&viewfull=1#post1986804609

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...kdowns?p=1986804709&viewfull=1#post1986804709

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...kdowns?p=1986804726&viewfull=1#post1986804726

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...kdowns?p=1986804733&viewfull=1#post1986804733

Same M.O., same quirks, same voice. Same intent to troll and harass me. Off topic? Yes. Have nothing to do with any of the discussions in those threads. Posts were about ME, and ME only.

How is that "special troll rights"? Where is a mention of the wiki, bootlegs, or what I feel are my contributions in that post?

Maybe if you didn't have the comprehension skills of a 4-year-old with down syndrome you could see where I asked for equal punishment to be dispensed...not special punishment. But, I guess you're used to having the term "special" used in association with you.

tg;dr

I just read through those posts and yes, it's a bit trolling but they are valid replies to your posts and you actually kept the conversation going by responding. Can you say with certainty all posts are purely posted to harass or can you see the possibility that some of the posts are valid criticism?

If a proposed change can be backed up with some valid reasoning and I'll certainly consider it. But if it's someone griping because something isn't going their way, then no. I may take a look if you give specific links to posts you are referring to as you did in the past, not non-specific ridiculous requests that require a lot of work like the one you just made - 'Can you confirm or deny whether I've been posting anonymously?'

David, please explain what isn't valid about punishing people equally for the same violations? I know you're a smart guy. Why are you dancing around this issue? Is it because of the people who are bringing it up?
If I had said the same things about Robby that the posts he linked to said in the first post of this thread, I would have been put on timeout or banned. In fact, about a year ago or so I was put on timeout for a month for saying something similar about Robby. So, all I'm asking is why others can do the same things I've done, but not face the same consequences I did for them?

I have no idea what posts Realitybites thinks I made, so I can't provide links.

David, please explain what isn't valid about punishing people equally for the same violations? I know you're a smart guy. Why are you dancing around this issue? Is it because of the people who are bringing it up?
If I had said the same things about Robby that the posts he linked to said in the first post of this thread, I would have been put on timeout or banned. In fact, about a year ago or so I was put on timeout for a month for saying something similar about Robby. So, all I'm asking is why others can do the same things I've done, but not face the same consequences I did for them?

Maybe because Robby wasn't calling you mentally ill for three weeks while tittering with RB? Or maybe because I referenced things Robby WROTE IN THIS FORUM. Nothing outside. No obsession. Just culling information from the same pool whereas you would reference insider info about him unprovoked.

I realize you wouldn't have picked up on this as you haven't been posting here recently.

Last edited:
Maybe because Robby wasn't calling you mentally ill for three weeks while tittering with RB? Or maybe because I referenced things Robby WROTE IN THIS FORUM. Nothing outside. No obsession. Just culling information from the same pool whereas you would reference insider info about him unprovoked.

What exactly have I said about Robby (in the past) that he hasn't posted on this forum or in the chatroom? Can you provide one example? Just one? Do you even know what the Hell you're talking about? You weren't even a member of this forum for the brunt of Robby's trolling...

Boo hoo, Robby said you were mentally ill. Like no one has done that before...nonetheless you yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked for the post about Robby from a year ago, but didn't find it.

You are a different case as you have been banned in the past and were let back as you promised to behave and not cause trouble but that proved to be a lie also as you reverted to your old self. You're lucky to be posting now, actually now that I think about it. I'd suggest just staying quiet.

I just read through those posts and yes, it's a bit trolling but they are valid replies to your posts and you actually kept the conversation going by responding. Can you say with certainty all posts are purely posted to harass or can you see the possibility that some of the posts are valid criticism?

One of my faults is that I give anonymous posters voices by acknowledging them. Call it kindness, graciousness. Or perhaps it is just that I like to refute claims made about my character--particularly negative ones.

There is some truth peppered in those posts, sure. That is what makes them more threatening. But what does a post about a Slate article being plagiarized by me in a blog post, made three years ago on MySpace, have to do with Morrissey, James Blunt or even what is happening in the forums today?

His posts were 90% character assassinations and taken as a whole amount to harassment and abuse, and thus troll posts:

"I am an atheist" is not controversial. Not in this hemisphere, not in this century, not when stated by someone who holds no public office, who teaches no one's children, etc.

"I am attracted by men who are cocky assholes online" is not controversial. Stupid, yes, and people will line up to tell you it's stupid. But not controversial.

"I am so intelligent that I cannot find anyone worthy of my time." Same: just stupid.

I can't imagine what you imagine your "controversial" opinions to be. People dislike you because you routinely make a really horrible impression. That's it.

Quit telling yourself lies. That's my advice to you in general. I know you'll never take it.

You're always braying you're "alone, but not lonely, " etc etc etc, but you also routinely churn out stuff like this.

Which is the lie?

Clearly, you are lonely--pathologically so--but you realize that someone who admits to being lonely is less apt to attract the interest of others. You have a very law-of-the-jungle view of social relations, always pursuing an "alpha," or trying to appear as one. This is a schematic, simpleminded model of human relations. You are so like a robot attempting to appear a human.

You are, on the contrary, incredibly socially awkward. The evidence is strewn across these forums. You also appear profoundly unattractive much of the time. Perhaps you're referring only to your physical appearance? If your Flickr is any indication, that has suffered a sudden decline of late, and it seems reasonable to theorize that this is part of what's behind the train wreck that is your recent line behavior.

You are able to charm people, then, but a substantive relationship, based on mutual give-and-take, deeper understanding, and honesty, is beyond you. I would suggest that your obvious princess complex (anyone, aside from perhaps yourself, will see what I mean by this) is responsible.

I'm familiar with your contention, in your blog and elsewhere, that you have suffered from the lack of companions and mates as intelligent as yourself. I regard that as an insane delusion on your part.

have also read your cry that your ex-husband wasn't wealthy enough for you. I'd say that complaint was rather nearer the mark.

you are usually absorbed in a frenzied effort to distract yourself from that loneliness--via online behavior that most children would be ashamed of.

Again, your princess complex. No talk of loving, only of being loved.

You are an arrogant internet addict, a person who's accomplished nothing, who spends her days insulting others.

No clarification was needed on my part. On your end, the situation seems hopeless. Narcissus has lay too long at the bottom of the pool, and no oxygen has reached his brain in ages.

You have referred in the past to having an "area of expertise," a high IQ, etc--but you keep things conveniently vague. You seem completely uneducated to me.

No, you didn't. You're whining about it now.

You are being "faulted" for being a manic, immature, obnoxious, repetitive lunatic.

What is the "argument" you're making when you (who have an eating disorder) call her fat, when you (who work in the service industry) call her poor, when you (who have no one in your life besides your son and mother) call her lonely? What is the "arguement" you're making when you endlessly praise yourself?

Why not try being civil yourself, first, and see if people stop calling you a bitch, then?

You're begging for a truce while declaring that you're winning.

"Off site research"? Examples? I think you don't realize how unattractively, and how often, you've exposed yourself on-site.

"The issues" have been made explicit. Or are you insisting that this is all because you're so interesting? You may have noticed some references to narcissism above.

I am speaking directly to you. You haven't the "courage," and assorted other qualities, to maintain a focused exchange, however.

You are also "hiding behind" a false name, and I am, as almost anyone is, far more of a "real person" than you are.

It's "than." And your regular accusations of cowardice (a little way of implying that real men would adore you!) are another aspect of your princess complex. Your complaints about anonymous posts--after defending them when they were being used to harass a suicide's family--are another aspect of your outrageous hypocrisy.

Since you just referred to yourself as such a person in another thread, I'd note that this is yet another example of your turning a discussion toward yourself and your self-image, exposing your unjustified self-regard and--as has been too seldom noticed--your self-pity.

That would be rather par for the course with you, wouldn't it? After all, you plagiarized that Slate piece about historical inaccuracies in The King's Speech for your journal.

I see you've energetically scrubbed all signs of that little crime from the web after being called on it elsewhere.

A coward and a liar, my dear, that's what you are.

Post a working link to your parroting of that article, and let people decide for themselves. The alternative is a confession of hilarious cowardice.

You plagiarized the article's content point-for-point. You know absolutely nothing about English history. Admit it. You'll feel better.

You're a plagiarist and a congenital liar, and you express yourself in the voice of a neurotic simpleton.
I've actually written that I'm not interested in your "considering" anything. This is more narcissism on your part, this idea that people pointing out your idiocy are making bids for your attention.

No comma needed. Irrelevant to what?
They think your posts on this site are stupid, at least insofar as we perform the service of being specific in the analysis of those stupidities.

You have defended anonymous posting strenuously in the past, when it meant supporting the opinions of this site's most aggressive personalities. The table turned, you cry like a newborn. Every. Single. Time.

One example of those? You don't seem to know what "ad hominem" means, just as you don't know what "sycophant" or "credulous" mean. You're really, really ignorant, so ignorant that you can't even meaningfully gauge the extent of it.

Now we're getting somewhere. You dislike that you have a record of pathological lying, manipulation, and fraud which can be referenced when pointing out your instances of those behaviors in the present. You cling to the internet in large part because it steadily provides you with fresh victims, ignorant of your past dishonesty.

If you could reply to the content of posts, rather than triangulate and form a response based on your expectations of social censure/reward re. bashing/supporting the reputation of the person who made the post, it wouldn't be. But you can't. You're too profoundly unintelligent for that. In your defense, you choose the path of the follower and boot-licker because it's all that's available to you.

I doubt we'll see this come to pass. You're too desperate for any interaction. You can turn no one away.

On the other hand, it would be a convenient means of avoiding my challenge regarding your act of plagiarism.

I don't like you in the slightest. I don't think anyone does. You are interesting because you are broken. One learns how things--organisms, machines, works of art--work by examining the ones that don't.

And I have never observed anyone as broken as yourself.

"Hitchens and Me," it's just stupid. But you've posted it elsewhere, without any mention of Hitchens or Slate, and in those instances, it's flat-out plagiarism. No question. Any professional writer would have been fired for this. You must know this. Please tell me you know this.

This is your problem, your central problem, your biggest problem, ultimately maybe your only problem: you will not stop pretending to be someone you're not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom