reporting posts and getting no response about it

I am an extremely healthy, mentally balanced person who devotes a great deal of time to volunteer work and social activism.

I agree with her statement.

Ted Bundy did volunteer work as well--for a rape crisis hotline.

220px-Ted_Bundy_headshot.jpg

All this is is nothing more than he-said she-said insult tennis. Step away from it. It's stupid.

P.

Have you thought about moderating this nonsense?

Have you thought about moderating this nonsense?

My instinct is not to. However it could all be shovelled into a bucket of shit in off-topic somewhere. Which would be good. However at the moment I have some very dull legal shit which is taking up all my time. And this stuff seems totally trivial by comparison. Still, if someone wants to moderate, go for it.

P.

Can you give an example of what you think would be an ideal action, specifically?

I am not a moderator or the site owner; you deal with it and find your own examples.

My instinct is not to. However it could all be shovelled into a bucket of shit in off-topic somewhere. Which would be good. However at the moment I have some very dull legal shit which is taking up all my time. And this stuff seems totally trivial by comparison. Still, if someone wants to moderate, go for it.

P.

I think you've answered your bosses question.

I cannot think of a solution. Censorship would ruin the spirit of this site. Open discussions depend on the freedom to express one's thoughts without unnecessary intervention. Tossing everything into the Pigsty is not desirable as many threads are actually interesting discussions with a few off-topic, ad hominem style posts peppered in.

I just think it is a shame that this site's most active user is a horrible person. Some communities are represented by loving, generous, intelligent, kind persons. Short of banning her, or closing the forums, she is here to stay. If it were my site she would have been gone long ago. I don't let toxic people into my home.

Already did. You seem to talk as if you own the site. If you can't offer some good suggestions then you aren't really helping.

My suggestion was to moderate the site.

You want something done, but you're not prepared to say what? How dreadfully passive-aggressive of you.

P.

My suggestion was to moderate the site but you have some dull legal stuff to do so you can't shovel into a bucket or something along those lines.

My suggestion was to moderate the site.

Wow, what a great suggestion. It's like a director telling actors to 'act'. Perhaps something little more specific. I already said the posts were reviewed and for the reasons realitybites mentioned, censorship is avoided.

I just think it is a shame that this site's most active user is a horrible person. Some communities are represented by loving, generous, intelligent, kind persons. Short of banning her, or closing the forums, she is here to stay. If it were my site she would have been gone long ago. I don't let toxic people into my home.

So you believe in no censorship unless your community college level education in sociology tells you the person is toxic then kick them to the curb? :squiffy:

So you believe in no censorship unless your community college level education in sociology tells you the person is toxic then kick them to the curb? :squiffy:

Another lie. I have two degrees from a university, not a community college.

You are a liar, toxic, and HATED by everyone here except three people. Anonymous posters don't count.

Another lie. I have two degrees from a university, not a community college.

You are a liar, toxic, and HATED by everyone here except three people. Anonymous posters don't count.

Why cant you people walk away? Forget the insults, just take strength in ignoring. Or for f***'s sake put those you don't want to interact with on ignore. Why is that so hard? You could save yourself so much grief.

P.

Why cant you people walk away? Forget the insults, just take strength in ignoring. Or for f***'s sake put those you don't want to interact with on ignore. Why is that so hard? You could save yourself so much grief.

P.

She is posting lies. Saying I have a two year degree from a community college. An insult is an opinion. She is posting details as facts--erroneously. FBE

36317d1341496064-playtv-2-02-not-working-trueblue-2-7-true-blue-cfw-wtf-smiley_misc-wahmbulance.jpg

The first post of the first thread of this sub-forum couldn't really be more clear:

If you see anything in this sub-forum you don't like, are offended by, or think others might be, don't bother complaining or reporting it because no one will take any notice. That's what this place is for - the stuff you and others might not like.

Peter

Like it or not it seems to me that anyone hoping for CG to be banned is doing so in the wrong part of the site. Of course, if people didn't come here and react she might find it difficult to confine her excesses to the Pigsty if her recent form is anything to go by, and that might well be a different matter.

These parts of a forum don't have to be a boxing ring, they can also be a prison.

The first post of the first thread of this sub-forum couldn't really be more clear:

Like it or not it seems to me that anyone hoping for CG to be banned is doing so in the wrong part of the site. Of course, if people didn't come here and react she might find it difficult to confine her excesses to the Pigsty if her recent form is anything to go by, and that might well be a different matter.

These parts of a forum don't have to be a boxing ring, they can also be a prison.

Like the prison of being succumbed with written rage at Morrissey's career trajectory? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom