Morrissey Autobiography Code Being Cracked?

S

Single Jim Returns

I was doing so well staying away from the crèche but having read half of Autobiography, I now feel compelled to return, at least, for this post. There is a code in Autobiography I have noticed and I am wondering if anyone else has? As I said, I'm only halfway through, so my report is incomplete but the code seems to be some twisted nod to David Tseng/Morrissey-solo without actually saying it and perhaps, oddly, CrystalGeezer. The latter being the only person around here or anywhere (that I know of, besides me now, I guess) that would bother to look for such crazy things or "signs". I don't know, as I said, my report is incomplete but I felt the need to get the conversation started and see if anyone else noticed.

The code, which slyly references this website without naming it comes in the form of key words. Anyone who knows and follows certain flows here, even if they hate this website and most within like me, that this website has been a constant staple, for better or worse, in Morrissey's career since 1997. So there has been a "dialog" of sorts going on, if you read, you are familiar with it. Shall I get on with it?

The key words I'm talking about are words like "wonky" which is used a number of times and was a trigger word here at Solow a number of months or years ago (I'm not going to bother to look it up). Morrissey's use of the word, "rich" as in, "That's rich." Meaning, something is nice or of quality, it also could be coupled with sarcasm as in, "That's rich, considering you didn't approve of me before." There is a user here, who uses the term "rich" oddly, too much. It could in fact, be Morrissey himself. I am completely convinced that Moz is familiar with what is going on here in the crèche. He also uses the term "axe-woman" when referring to Margaret Thatcher. Don't ask me how I know this, but "axe woman" was a user here who was banned, created a thread called, "Alain Whyte Speaks" and attempted to "leak" a story about what Alain had to say about his departure from the band.

These examples are a few, there are more. The reason I'm posting and breaking my boycotted silence is because I'd like to know if others have picked up on this and I want to make sure I'm not going crazy and this IS the place to find out if you're NOT crazy by talking to the regulars. No, there is a wealth of knowledgable and informed people here who sometimes speak - those are the ones I wish would comment. Please feel free to let me know what you think of my theory.

Lovingly, Jim aka The Unicycle Tragedy

Speech patterns hardly make a "code." I had hand surgery and have trouble spreading my hand wide so often type semi-colons instead of apostrophes. It doesn't mean I'm asking everyone to SEE MY COLON and kiss my ass. Maybe he just likes the word wonky?

Yes, I think you are right. Moz is trying to tell us something. If only he had some way of letting us know what it is without having to resort to secret codes and vague signs.
If only he could compose a song, write a book, tell us in an interview or publish it on the internet. Damn this lack of direct communication methods in the early 21st century.

Does anyone know the way? There has to be a way.

I was waiting for this post. I'm glad it's not just me. Yes I have decoded 3% of the book and it's a little too early to release the findings but Morrissey seems really angry that the chatroom was closed.

I think wearing a tee shirt with the words "f*** Morrissey-solo.com" emblazoned across the chest and having his band members wear them as well in concert was a subtle message to this site. Did anyone else pick up on that sly wink? It was totally wonky, right? He even had his axe-men wear them! I hate the way he hides his feelings and feels the need to say things in code. Sly devil. :D

"Wonky" and "that's a bit rich" are just a very common part of British speech.....same as bollocks:D (one of my faves) I'm sure there are digs at this website somewhere hidden in the book though. There are so many things that are hinted at or not quite said, and things that could be interpreted in numerous ways that the whole book seems to be written in code. Still trying to work out why so many words were devoted to Elaine Stritch.....

Don't you know? Won't you listen?
It is (and has always been) all about chocolate....
It is the Wonka. Always, the Wonka.
Long live the Willy! xx

Re: Morrissey Autobiography Code Being Cracked? (crybabies can't stay on topic)

Plop.

Oh yeah, on at least two occasions so far, Morrissey uses the word, "Plop". Still don't believe me that it is some strange nod to this website and The Larker of Sky?

Yours in Jobriath A.D., Jim aka The Unicycle Tragedy

Re: Morrissey Autobiography Code Being Cracked? (crybabies can't stay on topic)

Plop.

Oh yeah, on at least two occasions so far, Morrissey uses the word, "Plop". Still don't believe me that it is some strange nod to this website and The Larker of Sky?

Yours in Jobriath A.D., Jim aka The Unicycle Tragedy

Thesmithsmorrissey?

Re: Morrissey Code Being Cracked?

"Smiler With Knife"?

Allen Ginsberg? Neal Cassady?

Holy f***. The signs are everywhere. Geezer please chime in!?

Morrissey is here, amongst us, on Solo. I dare anyone to argue the point.

David, I know you hate my guts and stuff, but please please tell me you have an idea what I'm talking about? I know that if I'm right, you would probably never admit it. But...Don't leave us in the dark! I also find it HIGHLY curious that you have removed the title, "Hateful Online Crèche" and have replaced it with, "Tour starts May 7". I am giddy about the new album. I am also tickled pink at the thought that Morrissey and David Tseng may have made peace...? (Even though, it's none of our business.)

David Tseng, I would like to formally request an interview with you, would you grant it?

Question number one: Are you on the Morrissey and/or Capitol/Harvest payroll?
Question number two: If you are and can't discuss it, type the word, "No."
Question number three: Has your ban on going to Morrissey concerts been lifted? Follow up: When was the last Morrissey concert you attended? Additional Follow up: Do you plan on going to any Morrissey concerts this year?
Question four: Do you think the song "Smiler With Knife" might reference the Morrissey-Solo user, "smiler"?
Question five: Do you hate trolls? Follow up: Do you hate me?

I have more questions, but that's all for now. Thank you in advance for approving this post. I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEW ALBUM!

Best Wishes, Camel Cigarette Slut In Retirement

P.S. David, please respond and/or send me an email. Thanks.

I liked hateful online creche. Morrissey's dear is supposed to boot the grime of the world in the creche... Hello? :p

Last edited:

I liked hateful online creche. Morrissey's dear is supposed to boot the grime of the world in the creche... Hello? :p

Haha. I'm not gonna lie, Geezer, I'm kind of in love you. I read everything you write. It's weird. U sort of won me over.

Haha. I'm not gonna lie, Geezer, I'm kind of in love you. I read everything you write. It's weird. U sort of won me over.

Get in line. :D

She's mine, mine, mine...or something dastardly similar-like...
For the love of pants, where is god?!? xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I was doing so well staying away from the crèche but having read half of Autobiography, I now feel compelled to return, at least, for this post. There is a code in Autobiography I have noticed and I am wondering if anyone else has? As I said, I'm only halfway through, so my report is incomplete but the code seems to be some twisted nod to David Tseng/Morrissey-solo without actually saying it and perhaps, oddly, CrystalGeezer. The latter being the only person around here or anywhere (that I know of, besides me now, I guess) that would bother to look for such crazy things or "signs". I don't know, as I said, my report is incomplete but I felt the need to get the conversation started and see if anyone else noticed.

The code, which slyly references this website without naming it comes in the form of key words. Anyone who knows and follows certain flows here, even if they hate this website and most within like me, that this website has been a constant staple, for better or worse, in Morrissey's career since 1997. So there has been a "dialog" of sorts going on, if you read, you are familiar with it. Shall I get on with it?

The key words I'm talking about are words like "wonky" which is used a number of times and was a trigger word here at Solow a number of months or years ago (I'm not going to bother to look it up). Morrissey's use of the word, "rich" as in, "That's rich." Meaning, something is nice or of quality, it also could be coupled with sarcasm as in, "That's rich, considering you didn't approve of me before." There is a user here, who uses the term "rich" oddly, too much. It could in fact, be Morrissey himself. I am completely convinced that Moz is familiar with what is going on here in the crèche. He also uses the term "axe-woman" when referring to Margaret Thatcher. Don't ask me how I know this, but "axe woman" was a user here who was banned, created a thread called, "Alain Whyte Speaks" and attempted to "leak" a story about what Alain had to say about his departure from the band.

These examples are a few, there are more. The reason I'm posting and breaking my boycotted silence is because I'd like to know if others have picked up on this and I want to make sure I'm not going crazy and this IS the place to find out if you're NOT crazy by talking to the regulars. No, there is a wealth of knowledgable and informed people here who sometimes speak - those are the ones I wish would comment. Please feel free to let me know what you think of my theory.

Lovingly, Jim aka The Unicycle Tragedy

That's rich coming from someone who...oh, nevermind. :(

Me too. I love her posts.

Back
Top Bottom