2014 Celebrity Death Pool

The Rules:

1. You pick 10 celebrities whom you predict will die within the calendar year 2014. For each of your picks who dies, you score 100 points minus their age at death. Whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins.

2. All picks must be made prior to January 1, 2014.

3. You can pick people who are 100 or more years old but you won't score points for them. See the "Quantity Not Quality" award, below.

4. Your picks must specify a name: listing "anybody from [the cast of your most hated TV show or boy band]" as a pick will be ignored.

5. Persons under sentence of death will be valid for scoring points only if they die by means other than official execution.

6. Any poster who kills or otherwise contributes to the death of any celebrity mentioned in this thread is disqualified.

7. Editing your choices: You can make changes to your list before the end of the year, but it has to be clear which names are your final choices. It might be advisable to submit one or more "alternates" with your list, in the event that one of your picks dies during December 2013.

Good luck.

1. Rush Limbaugh. Age 62. Cause of death, chokes on a hotdog while in bed.

2. Sarah Palin. Age 49. Cause of death, eaten by a bear.

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Age 57. Death by Israeli Sniper.

4. Chris Brown. Age 24. Death by hit and run (probably Rihanna).

5. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Age 92. Death by drowning - falls off sailboat.

6. Anthony Weiner. Age 49. Death by heart attack while having cyber sex with a call girl.

7. Henry Kissinger. Age 90. Death by stroke.

8. Newt Gingrich. Age 70. Death by plane crash.

9. Nancy Grace. Age 54. Death by fallen studio light crashing her skull open

Last edited:
1. Rush Limbaugh. Age 62. Cause of death, chokes on a hotdog while in bed.

2. Sarah Palin. Age 49. Cause of death, eaten by a bear.

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Age 57. Death by Israeli Sniper.

4. Chris Brown. Age 24. Death by hit and run (probably Rhianna).

*Will update soon.
good start, I might use a few of those, only not so high on my list

met-113.jpg

Fidel Castro, he'll be on my list til it finally happens

2. Valerie Harper, she has cancer

3. Lil Wayne, Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. :rolleyes:

4. Kim Jong-un, cmon coup!

5. Muhammad Ali, its amazing he's made it this long after taking all those punches

6. Bashar al-Assad, this one just cuz I hate this guy

7. Elizabeth II, I think she has been on all my lists, though I know my mom will cry when she finally goes

8. Dick Cheney, another one I just really want to have happen

9. Amanda Bynes, cmon relapse!

10. Chris Brown, please oh please, just somebody shoot him!

Last edited:
Trouble, I'm amazed that you posted this thread. For the past month I've been thinking about posting a "Celebrity Death Pool" thread of my own. I used to participate in one in 2000 and 2001. "The Ghoulkeeper," nickname of the person running the pool, decided to shut it down right after the terrorist attacks against the U.S. on September 11th, 2001. That pool wasn't as complex as this one. In that pool each person simply selected one celebrity to kick the bucket. When someone's selection passed away they won. Then the pool would start from scratch and everyone would choose again. This is a better pool! I'd like to play. Picks coming soon....

Glad you like it!
Buried here in the archives, you can probably find our past Celebrity Death Pools. I don't believe we had one for 2013.

It's really sad about Paul Walker...from what I hear, he was a really nice person (and btw, would have been worth 60 points.)

Glad you like it!
Buried here in the archives, you can probably find our past Celebrity Death Pools. I don't believe we had one for 2013.

It's really sad about Paul Walker...from what I hear, he was a really nice person (and btw, would have been worth 60 points.)
umm, are you gonna make a list?
and would Paul Walker be worth 60 because he was only 40?
also, no, we did not have one for 2013, cuz you were not here much in late 2012, I'm guessing :o

umm, are you gonna make a list?
and would Paul Walker be worth 60 because he was only 40?
also, no, we did not have one for 2013, cuz you were not here much in late 2012, I'm guessing :o

Yes, the younger the celebrity, the more points you earn. 100 - the age at death = # of points.

And yes..I'm going to make a list!

Nelson Mandela
Bruce Forsyth
Stuart hall
Ian Brady
Gazza
Rolf Harris
Miley Cyrus
Amanda baynes
George Michael
Duke of Edinburgh

Zac Efron
Randy Travis
Andy Dick
Courtney Love
Glen Campbell
Larry King
Jimmy Carter
Sally Struthers
BB King
George Wendt

Last edited:
View attachment 16703

Olivia de Havilland

1. Olivia de Havilland, 97, actress.

2. Donny Most, 60, actor who portrayed Ralph Malph on "Happy Days."

3. Dustin Diamond, 36, dude played Screech on "Saved By The Bell."

View attachment 16704

Joanne Woodward & Paul Newman

4. Joanne Woodward, 83, my second favorite actress of all-time.

View attachment 16705

Abe Vigoda

5. Abe Vigoda, 92, actor. He was fantastic in "Barney Miller."

6. Peter O'Toole, 81, actor.

View attachment 16707

Bob Pettit shooting the rock.

7. Bob Pettit, 80, basketball player. He was the first recipient of the NBA's MVP award (1956.) He also won the MVP award in 1959. He also won the NBA All-Star Game MVP award four times. This is a feat matched only by Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant. Mr. Pettit played his entire career with the Milwaukee/ St. Louis Hawks (1954-1965.) Pettit led the Hawks to victory & championship champagne in the 1958 NBA Championship finals. They defeated the Boston Celtics in six games. Pettit scored an astounding 50 points in the game 6 clincher. He was inducted into the NBA Hall-of-Fame in 1970.

8. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, 70, former professional wrestler.

9. F. Lee Bailey, 80, famous & infamous American defense lawyer.

View attachment 16708

Harper Lee

10. Harper Lee, 87, the author of "To Kill a Mockingbird."

Peter O'toole died today/yesterday...

1. Nancy Reagan
2. George H.W. Bush
3. Lamar Odom
4. Lindsay Lohan
5. Peter Tork
6. Willie Nelson
7. Kristen Stewart
8. Valerie Harper