"Satellite of Love" (live) tracklisting and details at RollingStone

Morrissey Reveals Full 'Satellite of Love' Single Details - RollingStone
Song will be available in seven-inch and 12-inch formats with bonus tracks

Excerpt:
...The autobiography will also come out as an audiobook, which The Walking Dead actor David Morrissey narrated. " "I'm such a big fan," the actor Morrissey recently told Rolling Stone. "It's a fascinating read. It's brilliantly written, and there are passages that are hilariously funny that I loved reading."

"Satellite of Love" single details:

12-inch single:
A side
"Satellite of Love (Live)"
"You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side"

B side
"Vicar in a Tutu (Live)"
"All You Need Is Me (Live)"

7-inch single:
A side
"Satellite of Love (Live)"

B side
"You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side"
"You Say You Don't Love Me (Live)"

Digital download
1. "Satellite of Love (Live)"
2. "You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side"
3. "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed (Live)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rolling Stone - full dates and track listings for Satellite of Love.

Well, I guess this confirms that the Arsenal re-issue is coming sooner than later...

(You are more than welcome Hand in Glove).
I know some people boycott Rolling Stone since the 'Boston Bomber' edition, so to avoid going there all you need are the release dates to add to the track listings which are:
"A download of "Satellite" only will be available on December 3rd, while the vinyl releases and a three-track digital release are set for January 28th..."
Also, a big thank you to whoever it is that takes the links I post and 'fleshes' them out to look better.
Doing things on a phone is a pain and I try to keep it brief, so thanks again.
Kind regards,
FWD

Last edited:

Random live tracks from 2008 as B-sides :confused:
Surely there could've been more recent options. Not that those aren't interesting song choices.

I have boycotted Rolling Stone since the time Bruce Springsteen was on the cover 17 times in a row in the mid-80's. If Morrissey is doing this big production you would think maybe he would go in the studio and do a Lou Reed tribute ep. Now that could be hot! With Chrissie Hynde as Nico. Five Lou Reed songs chosen and produced for the occasion. Talking on other songs he has already sold several times is really tack-eee with all three e's fully utilized. Gross. I'm not sure if it would have been better if he'd chosen songs that might be similar in subject matter to the things Lou Reed wrote about or just had them grab the first soundboard tape they could randomly blindfolded as they seem to have done. I like All You Need Is Me but it didn't save Morrissey's career in 2007 and re-releasing it every three - eight months in a new format is probably not going to turn the trick.

Random live tracks from 2008 as B-sides :confused:
Surely there could've been more recent options. Not that those aren't interesting song choices.

I agree, but good to see "You Say You Don't Love Me" included. It's far better than this version of "Satellite"...

those are vinyl, or cd?

It is on vinyl, celibate. There are 2 vinyl versions, and the digital download. No CD's will be released, unfortunately.

I agree, but good to see "You Say You Don't Love Me" included. It's far better than this version of "Satellite"...

I'd rather 'Moon Over Kentucky'...

I'd rather 'Moon Over Kentucky'...

Definitely ; not only is it a great song ( and great version) but I'd have thought Moz would be happy to throw Sparks some royalties. After all , it's not like Lou Reed needs any money now ...

No, but his family might. Funerals are expensive these days.

Right where in gods f***ing name can i order this from??????

Definitely ; not only is it a great song ( and great version) but I'd have thought Moz would be happy to throw Sparks some royalties. After all , it's not like Lou Reed needs any money now ...

"Moon Over Kentucky", "You Say You Don't Love Me" and "To Give (The Reason I Live)" would have made sense as the b-sides and turned it into quite a nice release.

Exactly that , Orson. A thematic coherence that would have made for a nice little EP of covers ...

"Moon Over Kentucky", "You Say You Don't Love Me" and "To Give (The Reason I Live)" would have made sense as the b-sides and turned it into quite a nice release.

Don't forget "Street Life". :p

No, but his family might. Funerals are expensive these days.

Yes, I can just imagine that Laurie Anderson is praying for Morrissey's record to sneak into the UK top 100 so she can splash out on an environmentally friendly coffin.

Recording quality of Satellite of Love is of good quality, but his voice sounds pretty flat on it, sort of uninspiring for a tribute release.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom