Musical Ruth Burnley's singing, piano-playing, carol-singing mobile nun

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Last weekend, not too far from me. Welcome to Britain. We're all like this.

P.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.

:thumb:! Where's the tip jar? It should be overflowing with cash & coins.

She's... it is a "she," isn't it? She has more talent than the September of His Years version of Manilow. That's for damn sure.

Musical Ruth Burnley vs. Manilow. God, has it come to this?

Musical Ruth Burnley and Manilow are going head to head, to see who gets to claim this prized piece of Morrissey-Solo real estate. If my calculations are correct, this thread is somewhere between the 11th to 15th most valuable on all of Morrissey-Solo. Manilow and his loyal producer Howie Rice desperately want this real estate, and they will fight to the bitter end to claim it. Make no mistake, they will fight to the bitter end. Musical Ruth Burnley is already laughing at these clowns, and ready to go to all-out war. :guitar:

The person who wins three rounds first, wins the thread. In each round, Musical Ruth and Manilow get to submit one song. I guess its up to me to pick the winner for each round, by picking who has the best song & performance. It's a Herculean task, but I'm up for it. So it's the first to three, with a maximum of five rounds possible. There is a winner in each round. There will be no ties.

It needs to be mentioned that both combatants ( Musical Ruth & Manilow, assisted by his ardent producer Howie Rice) can choose a guest musical artist to take their place in one of the rounds. They can only do this once, and they can do it in any round. They can also choose not to do this at all.

The Players

Musical Ruth Burnley.jpg Barry Manilow on Broadway.jpg

Musical Ruth Burnley vs. Manilow.

Howie Rice.png

Manilow's devoted producer, Howie Rice.

Round One

Damn, Manilow's bringing out the big guns already. All personnel, do not man your battle stations! Run for your lives! Manilow just busted out the heavy artillery. You see, Manilow just busted out.....

"Copacabana"

A master at the top of his game? Yep.

Musical Ruth says, "So what," and courageously refuses to wave the conditional white flag of surrender. Musical Ruth is gonna give it "her" best shot. Here's her best shot...

Wow, actually Musical Ruth played it smart. She knew all was lost when Manilow threw his best pitch, and so she gave a B+ effort. With Manilow spent, she can bring her 'A' game to the next couple of rounds. However, she needs to be careful. She needs to remember that Manilow can chose a guest musical artist at anytime. And she needs to keep her eyes on Manilow's steadfast producer, Howie Rice. The man is capable of just about anything when it comes to protecting Manilow's interests.

Round One decision

Manilow in a landslide. He went with his bread n' butter, and it paid off big time. So, at the end of Round One it's......

Manilow- 1, Musical Ruth Burnley- zero

to be continued.....

Wow, so Monty Python!

I've actually just watched a tonne of videos now. This act is hilarious! Proper old school humour that should be more recognised! Love it! :D

P.

I thought the craziest part was she was playing Christmas carols but I see you posted this way back in November so it makes sense.

My skit of Manilow vs. Musical Ruth is going nowhere. I'm gonna call it a tie. Both of them, along with the wondrous producer Howie Rice, are all f***ing legends. They all deserve all the propers that people give them......

Three Legends, all forever chrystallized in the threads of Morrissey-Solo.

Manilow, a music industry power player.jpg Howie Rice2.jpg

Ruth Burnley, legend.jpg

Back
Top Bottom