I met my guitar hero johnny marr last night and i was truly truly disapointed.

M

Musikryder

Last night I went to see johnny marr at the fonda, he's the reason I started playing guitar and the smiths are my all time favorite band, so I had previously gone to his show on Halloween and took a painting I made of just Morrissey to get it signed but wasnt able to meet him at the first show. So I decided to go to the Fonda last night and went early enough to try again, I waited over three hours by the tour bus to see if I could get his autograph next to morrisseys and Andy rourkes signature for they had previously signed my painting. My goal was to get all four smiths signatures on it. Johnny finally decides to come out of the tour bus and myself and a couple of other guys call to him he comes over I shake his hand I say hello johnny he says hello mate and I take out my painting and he says no I'm not signing that, I say why not ? Andy signed it, he says you could have brought Smith's stuff and Id sign that he says and then tells me how dare you what's wrong with you? And starts being a total dick to me, he curses and says f***ing grow up to me. So I said I'm gonna add u ans the rest of the guys to the painting and he says well when u do ill sign it, so then I say can u atleast sign my ticket? He then says you keep bringing out Shit and signs it with a bad attitude and leaves. I was shocked I had heard so many nice things about johnny but he ended up being a pompous dick with a chip on his shoulder,two of his old band mates where nice enough to autograph this painting for me and he couldnt? Just because the painting was of Morrissey? I mean I bought two tickets for his shows and his record waited over 3 hours for this to get denied? I spent time and hard earned money on this asshole and he doesnt appreciate that enough to just sign mypainting? What a dick right? I think so! Now I know why they always say don't meet your heroes because you will be dissapointed. Fu johnny marr for being rude a dick and pompous to a real fan.

what made you think he'll sign a picture of Morrissey in the first place?

Johnny's a sweet guy but I understand why he snapped at you. That was a silly thing to do. It was like asking Morrissey to sign a photo of Mike Joyce. Come on...

Sorry you had a bad experience, but I have to agree with the other posts. He and Morrissey are not exactly what you might call best friends. In addition, sometimes it's better to not meet your heroes. That way the illusion can never be tarnished.

Johnny's a sweet guy but I understand why he snapped at you. That was a silly thing to do. It was like asking Morrissey to sign a photo of Mike Joyce. Come on...

This. I'm a little surprised at his reaction though, I always thought he was super mellow since he's a permastoner.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but don't take it personally. I think this unusal outburst came because he's very angry with Moz right now due to his autobiography. I'm certain he's read the bits about him and the court case and he's really upset. Perhaps when you meet Jonny next time with your updated painting which features him as well, he'll be glad to sign it :) .

You really should have asked him to sign something to do with The Smiths like some Smiths artwork, not a picture of Morrissey. I think Johnny Marr maybe a bit pissed off due to the way Morrissey portrayed him in his autobiography. I think everyone knows Marr can be a bit of a dick sometimes, just like Morrissey, Rourke and Joyce can be :D

I know what you mean man...I asked him to sign a copy of Morrissey's autobiography and he promptly pissed on my boots...THE CHEEK!

Maybe next time you could ask him to sign Morrisey's name on your arm?

The+Smiths+Morrissey++Marr.jpg

Ask him to sign this including the words "What's that very hard sticking...oh, errr, it's you Morrissey!"

This Happened.

Johnny Marr is the man :D

although i'd quite like to see a picture of you moz painting :rolleyes:

Well, I feel for you. Sounds like he had a bad attitude, even if you wanted him to sign a painting of Moz. I never liked the idea of waiting around to meet an idol. When Moz has done signings, part of me wanted to go, but why would I wait in line for 10 hours to receive an autograph? If I meet him just by bumping into him randomly, that would be more cool. I don't think autographs really benefit a fan; the fan just wants to claim a piece, but there's no need for that.

Last night I went to see johnny marr at the fonda, he's the reason I started playing guitar and the smiths are my all time favorite band, so I had previously gone to his show on Halloween and took a painting I made of just Morrissey to get it signed but wasnt able to meet him at the first show. So I decided to go to the Fonda last night and went early enough to try again, I waited over three hours by the tour bus to see if I could get his autograph next to morrisseys and Andy rourkes signature for they had previously signed my painting. My goal was to get all four smiths signatures on it. Johnny finally decides to come out of the tour bus and myself and a couple of other guys call to him he comes over I shake his hand I say hello johnny he says hello mate and I take out my painting and he says no I'm not signing that, I say why not ? Andy signed it, he says you could have brought Smith's stuff and Id sign that he says and then tells me how dare you what's wrong with you? And starts being a total dick to me, he curses and says f***ing grow up to me. So I said I'm gonna add u ans the rest of the guys to the painting and he says well when u do ill sign it, so then I say can u atleast sign my ticket? He then says you keep bringing out Shit and signs it with a bad attitude and leaves. I was shocked I had heard so many nice things about johnny but he ended up being a pompous dick with a chip on his shoulder,two of his old band mates where nice enough to autograph this painting for me and he couldnt? Just because the painting was of Morrissey? I mean I bought two tickets for his shows and his record waited over 3 hours for this to get denied? I spent time and hard earned money on this asshole and he doesnt appreciate that enough to just sign mypainting? What a dick right? I think so! Now I know why they always say don't meet your heroes because you will be dissapointed. Fu johnny marr for being rude a dick and pompous to a real fan.

I don't think this actually happened, but if it did, it's the funniest thing ever.

The truth is you're not owed anything. Just because you decided that's what you wanted doesn't mean he was obligated to give it to you. Sounds like you learned a tough lesson: Your idols don't owe you anything.

I can understand both positions, but well, could you please show us the picture Johnny should sign?

You really should have asked him to sign something to do with The Smiths like some Smiths artwork, not a picture of Morrissey. I think Johnny Marr maybe a bit pissed off due to the way Morrissey portrayed him in his autobiography. I think everyone knows Marr can be a bit of a dick sometimes, just like Morrissey, Rourke and Joyce can be :D
Rourke and Joyce are total dicks. Johnny Marr is sweet.

Back
Top Bottom