classical music

Oh, and this one:

Kubrick always chose great music for his films.

Last edited by a moderator:
really always loved a lot of Mozart and some Beethoven
so far noticing I am how much I enjoy Tchaikovsky :guitar:
what about you? there must be some people here into classical music :confused:
tell us who you like, what you reccommend :thumb:

I'm a bit of a LVB nut I guess...classical is great for a change. Good post.

Tragic! You started at the top and so will find nothing to top it. :) And I am sorry, I seem to have assumed that you were newer to clasical music than you actually appear to be. And here's me giving silly advice about how to go about it, thanks for not taking offence.
I'd say I am "born again" :o when it comes to classical music, with the exception of a few pieces I have always loved
Oh, and this one:

Kubrick always chose great music for his films.

yes, there are many of us, I am sure, that have only been exposed to as much classical music as we have because we adore many of his films :blushing:
I'm a bit of a LVB nut I guess...classical is great for a change. Good post.
LVB, LVB :confused: oh, got it! Ludwig van Beethoven :thumb: took me a sec there and thanks, I think this a good thread too :guitar:

as for me today, I have moved into opera after hearing some of Maria Callas in a documentary about her on Chinese TV :)
amazing what you will find on TV here
anyways, so far I have been listening to:
callas.jpg

I really like it, especially the bits from "Carmen", "Madame Butterfly", "La Traviata", "Norma" & "La Boheme"
so much so I may get some of the entire operas :eek:

I'd say I am "born again" :o when it comes to classical music, with the exception of a few pieces I have always loved

yes, there are many of us, I am sure, that have only been exposed to as much classical music as we have because we adore many of his films :blushing:

LVB, LVB :confused: oh, got it! Ludwig van Beethoven :thumb: took me a sec there and thanks, I think this a good thread too :guitar:

as for me today, I have moved into opera after hearing some of Maria Callas in a documentary about her on Chinese TV :)
amazing what you will find on TV here
anyways, so far I have been listening to:
callas.jpg

I really like it, especially the bits from "Carmen", "Madame Butterfly", "La Traviata", "Norma" & "La Boheme"
so much so I may get some of the entire operas :eek:

OMG, don't get me started on Carmen. Perfection! Seeing it performed was truly mindblowing. Ok, my first and last live opera I guess but you haven't lived until you see at least one.

OMG, don't get me started on Carmen. Perfection! Seeing it performed was truly mindblowing. Ok, my first and last live opera I guess but you haven't lived until you see at least one.
only been to one opera myself, would love to see "Carmen", have a "cue file" recording that plays on VLC from 1964 with Maria Callas, the chance to see her perform "back in the day" is is curenntly on top of my: if I had a time machine list :blushing:

ps: dude, um, did you really need to post your dislike for almost all musicals to that thread another posted about them? :confused:

Last edited:
Requiem is a lovely piece but, the top? No others, Beethoven 9?

Beethoven 9 is a wonderful symphony for sure.

My favourite composers are Mahler, Bruckner, Wagner, Rachmaninoff and too many to mention really, there are many unknowns that are wonderful too.

The piece of music I listen to when I need to relax is...

Sublime heaven.

- - - Updated - - -

Maria Callas has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.

Looking forward to singing the whole Livre Vermell with my choir next Saturday...singing therapy is on :)

Back
Top Bottom