The Art Thread

These are INCREDIBLE!

Street artist INSA has made animated gifs out of successive photos of his graffiti, calling it giffiti.

http://beautifuldecay.com/2014/05/23/insa-gifs/

insagif3.gif

insagif7.gif

insagif13.gif

I've been wanking to Turner's The Fighting Temeraire again recently.

I've gotta post a pic of the oil painting I found in a storage area here I have in my room that's faptastic. Temeraire's a good one, very menstrual with a hint of ball sack.

anything by francis bacon.

painting-of-a-dog-francis-bacon-1952.jpg

bacon_screaming_po_2352205b-16prjgk.jpg

caravaggio is great as well but a mad bastard in his life.

^^ Francis Bacon was a great painter, and a strange creature - which is hardly surprising when observing his life.

I like this painting best
rhs_figure.jpg

Apparently, he used to be locked in his room - screaming for hours.

Caravaggio is also great. Many artists are 'mad bastards'.

This will blow your mind, so worth the 5 minutes. Timelapse of a photorealistic drawing of Robin Williams. She sections it off and uses a lot of white in places the eye seems to see no white. Watching the hair happen is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will blow your mind, so worth the 5 minutes. Timelapse of a photorealistic drawing of Robin Williams. She sections it off and uses a lot of white in places the eye seems to see no white. Watching the hair happen is amazing.

That is pretty remarkable.

I'm always baffled by photorealism. It takes a great deal of intelligence and talent to be able to depict light and colour with such accuracy.

However, I often find myself questioning the purpose of photorealism. I always view it, merely, as a very elaborate party trick.

yeah i didnt really understand bacons paintings until i read a biography. i love when people use negative space to dipict image (regarding the robin illustration)

Back
Top Bottom