Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

People who like his music but cannot contain their disturbing emotions during a concert. These people are usually known as 'fans'. They are quite funny to watch but often are intoxicated and sometimes fall flat on their faces and get trampled to death in the mayhem. If the thought of 'mosh' situations disturbs you, ensure you book a seat in the circle rather than the stalls. I trust this reply will be helpful to you.

regards.

You've never been to a Morrissey gig in your life have you?

You've never been to a Morrissey gig in your life have you?

No, and I've never even listened to a single song. I'm just winging it!

Actually, I was present at some of the earliest performances by The Smiths collective and have attended numerous shows by Morrissey until he became an insufferable prat more concerned with griping about his business and personal failures than entertaining The Audience. I prefer the lap-dancing club or The Chippendales mostly. I still drive to some towns and cities to watch the cultees in their pre-gig rituals in pubs, but then, having observed them in their raptures, I prefer to go for a meal or watch a movie than run the risk of having my ears assaulted by "Kid's A Looker".

I hope this response is helpful to you and allows you to move on from your obsessive fixation with me. I guess this is what Moz has to put up with all the time. At least I can go out now walking with my canine companion without having some oafish security to keep stalkers away. Please don't stalk Moz. I'm pleased his new abode has not been sussed, but when it is: don't force him to flee L.A again as he is only really comfortable in La-La Land, having long ago abandoned the rigour of being a plausible Brit.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo

You really want him to keep em coming? I tend to lose interest in Brummies posts after the first two sentences as they tend to lean towards the bazaar and redundant.

Can you just f***ing well learn how to spell. You're so old. Were you not educated? Or are you American? Something's not right...

I went to see the film last night. I was one of about ten people there. It's hard to read any kind of atmosphere in a mostly empty room, but judging by the people who decided to sit directly behind me and comment all throughout the film, the people who had come to watch were hardly diehard fans.

The most repeated comments i heard were that they "didn't know that one" and "i hope he plays _________". There was laughter at the fan's comments (understandably, i think) and when he removed the shirt(s).

I know the film played a few places last night and will be playing elsewhere in a week or so and i was just curious how many people were at the screening you attended and what the general atmosphere was. I'm also interested in your reasons behind deciding not to go see it. Unless you're answer is that morrissey's shit now. I think that opinion is represented well enough on multiple threads already.

For what it's worth (nothing) i enjoyed the film. He sounded great and the camerawork is as interesting as you could hope a simple filmed concert to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, I was present at some of the earliest performances by The Smiths collective and have attended numerous shows by Morrissey until he became an insufferable prat more concerned with griping about his business and personal failures than entertaining The Audience. I prefer the lap-dancing club or The Chippendales mostly. I still drive to some towns and cities to watch the cultees in their pre-gig rituals in pubs, but then, having observed them in their raptures, I prefer to go for a meal or watch a movie than run the risk of having my ears assaulted by "Kid's A Looker".

I hope this response is helpful to you and allows you to move on from your obsessive fixation with me. I guess this is what Moz has to put up with all the time. At least I can go out now walking with my canine companion without having some oafish security to keep stalkers away. Please don't stalk Moz. I'm pleased his new abode has not been sussed, but when it is: don't force him to flee L.A again as he is only really comfortable in La-La Land, having long ago abandoned the rigour of being a plausible Brit.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo

I just asked if you've EVER been to a Moz gig, not for your whole f***ing life story. Which is boring by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you just f***ing well learn how to spell. You're so old. Were you not educated? Or are you American? Something's not right...

What are you? A cop? If you dont like it then dont read my posts, Okay? Puke Action McClure?

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo

I really don’t think you have EVER been to one of his gigs. I also believe that everything you posted about yourself, ie: the wife, Sharon the secretary, shopping for bling, etc, etc is all bullshit. regards.

I am not going for the simple reason that it makes me sad to see him looking so old and sickly. Especially on the big screen. It would depress me and make me long for the days of yore, however unfair that may seem.

I really don’t think you have EVER been to one of his gigs. I also believe that everything you posted about yourself, ie: the wife, Sharon the secretary, shopping for bling, etc, etc is all bullshit. regards.

You're nearing the end of your life sweetheart. Dementia can be so demeaning. It apparently renders the sufferer to spew bullshit by default.

What on earth is a 60 something year-old doing on an internet forum anyway? Go and live a little, deary.

I enjoyed going , with a glass of wine. Have seen him live about eight times . He was much more touchy feely on this show. Enjoy live more.

I didn't go to see it because, rather foolishly, I assumed that it would run for more than just one night. I would have liked to have seen it, but I can't say I'm particularly bothered about missing it.

"It's hard to read any kind of atmosphere in a mostly empty room- only about 10 people there to see it-20 or so people at this particular screening."

This doesn't surprise me. If he hadn't taken ill, I imagine he would have done some t.v interviews in the U.K/U.S to publicise the film. It's hard to know if the low attendance reflects on his current status or is just because most people don't even know about it. I haven't seen any advert in print media or on billboards in central England.

I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow at Merry Hill, a few miles from Wolves Civic. I remember the mayhem at that event in 88, so it will be very odd if there's just a few random passers-by around us. As for the film, "it is what it is". If Morrissey has died from his food poisoning, everything would be different. Whether it's good, bad or indifferent, it's a document of a very troubled phase in his career/personal life. I am open to being surprised and won over, despite not warming to the previews. It will be useful for me to compare it to the audience at "Celebration Day". Mind you, Zepellin are massive in the Midlands, almost as humungous as Sabbath. Moz isn't really 'hot' at the moment, but he's always had a warm welcome here.

I will add my thoughts after seeing the film. I'm not surprised there is widespread concern at the unedited comments from The List denizens. Really, someone should have sensed how badly that stuff might look to the 'outsiders' and left it on the cutting room floor. But, too late. "We are where we are".....

I thought BrummieBoy said he was taking a break and not planning to post any more for a while...? I wish he'd stick to his word.

Yes i went and only about 10 people there to see it.

Its ok i guess, wish the fan comments had been cut.

Watched film in Bath, not exactly packed to the rafters, but an enjoyable experience nonetheless. Thought some of the camera work was a tad dodgy but sound-wise couldn't be faulted. Can't wait for some new material, tour, etc. Thanks for the beer Tanya.xx.

I just asked if you've EVER been to a Moz gig, not for your whole f***ing life story. Which is boring by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you? A cop? If you dont like it then dont read my posts, Okay? Puke Action McClure?

Stop asking me asinine questions and I'll stop giving you scintillating answers. Simples!

With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo

I'm not sure about the point of this film being released in cinemas. People are saying it's for "die hards" only, but a die-hard fan will know that the important thing about a Moz gig is the atmosphere, the jostling and sweating in the pit. Even if you sat in the very back row at Manchester Arena, there'd still be a hell of a lot more atmosphere than in any cinema, whether half-empty or sold out. Why wasn't it put out on DVD straight away - anyone know? And I mean a REAL reason, not just the usual, predictable "Morrissey's vanity and/or greed, etc etc" as we know these "reasons" to be spurious because film distribution deals require much more than the whim of the artist.

Perhaps it was to allow DavidT to see him in concert again - or has been banned from movie theatres too...?

Yes i went and only about 10 people there to see it.

Its ok i guess, wish the fan comments had been cut.

I went to see it in Braehead on Monday night I did think it would have been busier it was only about half full, but I thought the film was great, it was great getting so up close and personnel
you could see every face that he pulled every move that he made and he sounded fantastic I will certainly buy the DVD when it comes out, well done Morrissey x

I've been front row and centre several times, and as I'm a "good looking man around town", Morrissey has given me the eye and tried to solicit a reverant response. Ain't gonna happen!

Gosh - how awful! It's bad enough that your 'date' dragged you along to see that ghastly singer Morrissey, who you obviously hate - but then on top of it all Moz has the gall to come on to you! Shocking! I'm amazed you can even contemplate sitting through a cinema screening after that level of trauma...

I went to see it in Braehead on Monday night I did think it would have been busier it was only about half full, but I thought the film was great, it was great getting so up close and personnel
you could see every face that he pulled every move that he made and he sounded fantastic I will certainly buy the DVD when it comes out, well done Morrissey x

I also watched it in braehead on Monday and I agree with everything you said about the film, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, second only to a gig, nights like Dunoon 2 years ago are unbeatable. I was pleasantly surprised that it was half full, when you take into account that there was no publicity at all for it. Did you notice it started a bit early? We missed the first couple of minutes

Asking someone if they have been to a concert is asinine? Now I ‘m convinced you are full of shit.

You didn't 'ask', you stated that you were sure I had never been to a concert. This is indicative of more 'magical thinking', but unsurprising from A Morrissey Fan.

Please do not disrupt this thread any further with your rather desperate attempts to remain within my field of view. I am watching C4 news and reading all the exciting reports of film attendees. Go away and play somewhere else, such as the 'off-topic fight thread' in The Pigsty. Or whatever it's called.

I'm not 'full of shit' as I had an immensely satisfying #2 a few hours ago, and then I went to Waitrose and brought some miso for soup. I have a really exciting life.

With every good wish
yours, in jubilo

I am not going for the simple reason that it makes me sad to see him looking so old and sickly. Especially on the big screen. It would depress me and make me long for the days of yore, however unfair that may seem.

You had nothing to worry about, he didn't look old or sickly, the big screen really suited him. The sound quality was great, the close up shots were wonderful, the setlist was much better than I expected, even maladjusted sounded great, and I loved the part were the band approached the mic and introduced themselves, the reception boz got was incredible

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom