Holistic Medicine

I heard once that a really high percentage, like in the 80s, of headaches are caused by dehydration and that drinking water will solve the problem faster than any pain medicine.

I think you maybe right there, Crystal.

Here’s how to use your body to keep an eye out for these 4 signs of inauthenticity.

1. What’s my voice doing? When we’re not being ourselves, we tend to use a high voice. We’re not projecting from our belly and chances are everything below the neck is starved of breath. Are you talking super fast? Another sign of discomfort.

2. What’s my body doing? Am I clenching my butt, my hands or my jaw? Our bodies are billions of cells firing at once and those cells can’t be fooled. Tension in your being is picked up instantly by your body. Do a body scan.

3. Am I breathing? Shallow breathing in the chest area and vs the belly will not only change your voice, it’s also a signal of fear, nervousness and playing the game of inauthenticity.

4. Am I in the present moment or am I being hyper-vigilant? When we’re feeling safe and authentically in the moment, we relax and respond naturally to what’s showing up. When we’re not, we’re hyper-vigilant watching others for signs that we’re accepted and okay.

When we’re in the present moment, our reactions are authentic, our personalities are real and we feel safe to shine our gifts onto the world.

xo

From Elephant Journal who probably got it from some other place.

My dental hygienist student called and announced I have a cleaning tomorrow. I wonder if I oil pull for five solid hours if it'll make up for not being the best flosser in the world the last year. :o Also I'm sorta bummed I have to go to LA twice tomorrow. Bleh. If I didn't have kittens I'd hang out all day, but 12 hours is a long time to be away from home...maybe the kittens are actually helping. :p

After using coconot oil for my oil pulling of the mouth all the yellow is gone from my teeth and they are now completely white. This took me just a few months. I am fascinated by the result as my teeth did not look good at all and you could in fact see through them. They seem to have become stronger as well but I have been taking D-vitamin and calcium which you need for the teeth as well. The best thing is that the teeth are not as sensitive now. I wanna thank this thread for how it changed my oral hygiene and more.

This isn't technically holistic but it worked like a miracle. :squiffy:

I was/am having a stabbing-behind-the-left-eye headache (this is new, never felt this before, it came on very suddenly and it hurts a lot) and tried this technique and it worked. In fact the pain has rushed back now that I got up to type this so I'm going back to the floor to watch Kimmie Schmidt and squeeze the back of my skull some more.

Eye exercises. Tension headaches can be relieved with manual therapy. Lie on your back on a hard surface. Use your thumbs to find the base of the skull, then gently lean back onto your thumb, pressing into base of the skull. Apply pressure and hold this position for as long as you can without increasing your discomfort. Breathe deeply during this exercise to promote increased circulation. If the headache is behind one eye but not the other, use your thumb to trace the side of the skull where the pain is manifested.

This isn't technically holistic but it worked like a miracle. :squiffy:

I was/am having a stabbing-behind-the-left-eye headache (this is new, never felt this before, it came on very suddenly and it hurts a lot) and tried this technique and it worked. In fact the pain has rushed back now that I got up to type this so I'm going back to the floor to watch Kimmie Schmidt and squeeze the back of my skull some more.

Eye exercises. Tension headaches can be relieved with manual therapy. Lie on your back on a hard surface. Use your thumbs to find the base of the skull, then gently lean back onto your thumb, pressing into base of the skull. Apply pressure and hold this position for as long as you can without increasing your discomfort. Breathe deeply during this exercise to promote increased circulation. If the headache is behind one eye but not the other, use your thumb to trace the side of the skull where the pain is manifested.

Pain and problems with one eye is often how doctors find out that people suffer from MS so you should check that out if it becomes a regular thing. Having recently read about MS it seems the symptoms can come and go despite the illness being in full progress behind the scenes so to speak.

So I've had snot clogging my brain for a month. Finally bought a neti pot after taking DayQuil and MucinexDM like a pill popper. SOLD.

It feels so good to breathe! I had to change my shirt because I baptised myself and the bathroom floor with salt water and snot but it works!

So I've had snot clogging my brain for a month. Finally bought a neti pot after taking DayQuil and MucinexDM like a pill popper. SOLD.

It feels so good to breathe! I had to change my shirt because I baptised myself and the bathroom floor with salt water and snot but it works!

That made me think of the article I read about bacteria hiding up the nose when you take antibiotics. People with acne have these bacterias that will hide up the nose if the sufferer starts taking antibiotics for it. Being clogged up in one nostril and not being able to breathe properly is one of the symptoms.

That made me think of the article I read about bacteria hiding up the nose when you take antibiotics. People with acne have these bacterias that will hide up the nose if the sufferer starts taking antibiotics for it. Being clogged up in one nostril and not being able to breathe properly is one of the symptoms.

Not gonna lie. I LOVE the "after" footage of high colonic testimonies. :p So I stopped up the sink hopping I'd see the dirt drained from my sinuses. Wah, wahhhh. WOrks better with years of pooh ropes stuck in yer gut. I only saw some snot and clear water. :D

Having tried probiotics for my stomach and acne issues I can say it worked for me but reading up on it some more I also learned that if you suffer from acne or rosacea you may benefit greatly from taking Betaine HCL Pepsin.

We've all read about Morrissey's statement on meat rotting in the gut. Protein may rot away in the stomach if you are unable to break it down properly. So by taking more enzymes that break down the protein you may help your skin who will not like protein rotting away in your stomach as that creates bacteria and fungus and all sorts of problems. The enzymes also helps your stomach to be able to take the good things from the food you eat such as b12 and other vital vitamins and minerals.

Also, people with pancreas issues should know that those enzymes will greatly help the pancreas who otherwise will be working overtime to try and produce what breaks down the protein.

Furthermore I read that the success with probiotics to cure acne has lead to research on using probiotics directly on the skin. We should see such products in a not too distant future as they kill the core of the bacteria that create acne in the skin.

I get my Betaine HCL & Pepsin in a few days and will report on my personal findings from using it as I wanna see if it further boosts my fight against acne that probiotics have already done magic on and if it helps my girlfrend who has rosacea.

Picture of Thorne Betaine HCL & Pepsin:

https://i3.pureformulas.net/images/...50-vegetarian-capsules-by-thorne-research.jpg

Starting tomorrow (famous last words :D) I'm going to start Yoga with Adriene 30 Day challenge. My friend recommended it over going to a studio. I liked the Rocky reference of the title, probably unintentional "Yo(ga with) Adriene!" Anyway, I want to try real yoga instead of sexy yoga, calm my mind down a little maybe. I'm so f***ing angry at shit I can't exactly point to. And I like Adriene's presentation style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting tomorrow (famous last words :D) I'm going to start Yoga with Adriene 30 Day challenge. My friend recommended it over going to a studio. I liked the Rocky reference of the title, probably unintentional "Yo(ga with) Adriene!" Anyway, I want to try real yoga instead of sexy yoga, calm my mind down a little maybe. I'm so f***ing angry at shit I can't exactly point to. And I like Adriene's presentation style.

hA haaaaaa what a coincidence CG! I started that a couple of weeks ago! Like it so far.
I did take a yoga class here IRL but it's for senior citizens so I kept falling asleep :D This one is more energetic.
Only prob for me is that (unlike that non virtual class) she doesn't focus much on breathing, except for occasionally saying "fiiiiiiiiiiind your breath" which makes me panic and go "BUT WHERE IS IT? WHERE????!!"
Other prob is my internet connection failed me for a few days so I had to freeze in Warrior waiting for the wifi to work again. Ouch.
My other major issue is I don't have a yoga mat so I always end up kind of rolled inside the carpet.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
hA haaaaaa what a coincidence CG! I started that a couple of weeks ago! Like it so far.
I did take a yoga class here IRL but it's for senior citizens so I kept falling asleep :D This one is more energetic.
Only prob for me is that (unlike that non virtual class) she doesn't focus much on breathing, except for occasionally saying "fiiiiiiiiiiind your breath" which makes me panic and go "BUT WHERE IS IT? WHERE????!!"
Other prob is my internet connection failed me for a few days so I had to freeze in Warrior waiting for the wifi to work again. Ouch.
My other major issue is I don't have a yoga mat so I always end up kind of rolled inside the carpet.

Enjoy!

Lol..

Ten bullet points about the fat-fighting principles of coconut oil. All I know is a f***en hate macaroons. I'll gulp a teaspoon of coconut oil if it promotes belly burnin...she says after stuffing sofritas tacos in her mouth to prepare for her first yoga session. :p I'm really good at some stuff, not really good at others. Like eating. :D

http://cdn.eatlocalgrown.com/2-coconut-oil.html

Also Mounds, almond joy, circus peanuts...hate coconut candy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom