Holistic Medicine

Gif it away, but you'll remember my words.

I didn't read that long-winded paragraph. Are you kidding? Read the first sentence. That was enough to know what lie ahead. Another ad hominem attack from a delusional idiot... minus the savant part.

"Ad hominum...that sounds literary. It doesn't apply but it sounds good, I'll use it since she used a bunch of fallacy terms above."

Christopher Hitchens would be so proud of you, using your intellect in such a thoughtful and deductive way. Pointing out who does and doesn't like one another in a forum was covered in one of the later chapters of The Trial of Henry Kissinger, wasn't it? I wonder what his favorite emoticon would be? I'm gonna go with: :lbf: since it's a favorite of yours and you have that kismet and all. :love:

Thank you for this well timed post from you my fellow anonymous poster.

I have for a few weeks studied these things online and when it comes to the bacteria it turns out it is normal black mold that grows in the toilet, This is a fairly common problem it seems and since I used a nice smell gel in the toilet it may be that the things in that gel caused things to grow. The oil you spit out simply isn't in contact with the ceramics in the toilet to be able to grow anything.

Everyone that has used a ceramics cup to drink out of knows that the bottom of it looks awful after not too long. Tooth enamel is the hardest material in the world and ceramics is of course not. I think that spitting into a sink and not washing that away will cause the ceramics to dissolve but it could also be that a good clean takes the problem away. I am not sure that the damage wasn't already there.

Dentists wants you to rinse your mouth but the products that are sold have been proved not to work as was widely reported by media at the beginning of this year or end of last year. Everything that enters the mouth will destroy the tooth enamel over time but the things that damages it quickly is of course all liquids but water. Orange juice and coca cola and the likes are the worst of the lot and red wine and smoking.

I started with sesame oil but changed to cocoa oil and my teeth are now whiter and the little pains here and there are gone. Had the oil damaged the teeth further I would have felt it and noticed it. People think they have yellow teeth cause of what they have been eating and drinking but the fact is most of those people have lost their tooth enamel and are actually looking at the bare tooth bone that is darker or "yellow". Whitening your already exposed tooth bone will cause aches and pains in your teeth and serious dentists that care about their patients and not their wallet will inform you of this.

The sink is not the place to spit your oil out. It is more exposed to air than a closed toilet is so therefor the oil and other things you spit into it will create more damage in shorter time than it does in the toilet that is also flushed constantly. I checked my toilet with a flashlight and it looks the way it should. I have a modern sink and toilet and older sinks and toilets may of course get damaged easier.

The benefit with cocoa oil over sesame oil is that cocoa oil is a natural bacteria killer and it is bacteria you want to kill before it creates a mess with your teeth. You should not brush your teeth with the oil in the mouth and most people should use a special tooth paste that preserves and defends the tooth enamel. A soft brush is also recommended. You can however brush the teeth right after you have used the oil swishing method because that will not soften the tooth enamel in the same way as food and drink does. Always brush teeth at least an hour after you had your last bite or drink.

Finally I think people get mad when people that have not tested it or checked the facts online still come here with an opinion that mostly seems based on preconception. We are not only cleaning our teeth but the gums and the rest of the mouth as well which is important.

I never thought I'd have an in-depth discussion of the things that grow in toilets, but here we are. My point was this. It isn't the oil or the bacteria from your mouth that makes black stuff grow in your toilet. Your toilet has plenty of bacteria and the less said the better. Pictures not required. lol No, the idea is that the oil etches the toilet and gives the bacteria a rougher surface to cling to. I don't know if this is true but when it occurred to me I had to share. I felt as intelligent as an atheist. :D

How come god always talks to unstable and mentally impaired people and not intellectuals such as Richard Dawkins, Charlie Rose, and Carl Sagan? Same thing with alien abductions. Aliens always select to study uneducated, backwards, wackos from the remote corners of Oklahoma and not Ivy League educated corporate lawyers living in New York City, or scientists from Oxford?

Or service industry nothings (excuse me, "private chefs"), obsessed to the point of insanity with status far beyond their grasp?

I never thought I'd have an in-depth discussion of the things that grow in toilets, but here we are. My point was this. It isn't the oil or the bacteria from your mouth that makes black stuff grow in your toilet. Your toilet has plenty of bacteria and the less said the better. Pictures not required. lol No, the idea is that the oil etches the toilet and gives the bacteria a rougher surface to cling to. I don't know if this is true but when it occurred to me I had to share. I felt as intelligent as an atheist. :D

I see what you're saying, that if the toxins pulled from the oil swishing in your mouth can break down toilet enamel causing the surface to be receptive to bacteria (textured) then how could those toxins be healthy to be in your mouth while you're oil swishing? I think the idea is you spit out the toxins, but in the toilet or sink, they stay there for many hours breaking down the enamel.

I see what you're saying, that if the toxins pulled from the oil swishing in your mouth can break down toilet enamel causing the surface to be receptive to bacteria (textured) then how could those toxins be healthy to be in your mouth while you're oil swishing? I think the idea is you spit out the toxins, but in the toilet or sink, they stay there for many hours breaking down the enamel.

If you dispose of the oil in a way not recommended then it may cause problems but to believe that it somehow will affect the ceramics is impossible due to the fact that you need something like an acid detergent to achieve that. I think that is just common sense. If cocoa oil or sesame oil had any acid effect then they would not have been sold openly in the food stores and used in food. Cocoa oil is a ntaural bacteria killer and that is scientifically proven which has caused a problem since some companies wanna turn it into a smart product but they cannot find a legal way to make cocoa their own product as it can never become anyones product. However, they can add other things to the cocoa and that way make it into a product but then it is not natural anymore.
I once again say to the people coming here with preconceptions that black mold in a toilet is natural and has nothing to do with sesame or cocoa oil. It is not possible for substances or bacteria to grow if they are immediately flushed away. I also found the black mold where the water is flushed out and the oil is nowhere near that place at any time. The toilet needs a good clean with wc duck and such products is all. When it comes to bacteria we cannot see it with our eyes but I think most people realise that. Tooth enamel disappears for most people as they get older and expose their teeth to food and drink. It has become a problem in recent years that childrens teeth have dissolved because the kids drink so much of fizzy drinks. Everyone should use a straw when drinking everything but water and that recommendation is not only for people who just had their teeth professionally whitened.

I actually thought you were saying the oil itself is making those marks on your sink, but now I get it. I understand that the theory is that it is something being washed out of your mouth that is eating the sink enamel. So there were layers of confusion here but I get it.

I guess it's true it couldn't be the oil itself doing it. The two things might be completely unrelated. If there is a connection between this oil pulling and the damage to the sink then it might even be another chemical reaction, maybe with whitening toothpaste or even whatever you clean the sink with. Oil is sticky so it might cause the cleanser to stick and it might modify it somehow. But I was seeing the oil as an acid which etches. I guess it's not on it's own. I give up. :D

I changed to cocoa oil from sesame oil while my girlfriend continued with sesame oil. Then I made her try cocoa oil and she got sore in throat and lost her voice. First time I tried cocoa oil I felt a little soar in throat as well but it never came back. Now the soar throat and loss of voice is ok for my girlfriend but it seems it moved into one of her nostrils he also got flu like symptoms. I am trying to tell her it is a symptom described online by other people where some have felt ill for up to 2 weeks and then felt better than ever.

I do not only do oil pulling with cocoa oil now cause I also eat a spoonful with my dinner. Cocoa contains bacteria killers that kill the bad bacteria in your stomach and leave the good bacteria alone. I have had thyroid issues and apparently eating cocoa oil will balance the thyroid as some with problems with the thyroid first got worse and then got better than before they used it.

I have not noticed an effect on the stomach in that I have to go the toilet more after eating cocoa oil but I have never been sensitive to things. My girlfriend visited the dentist and she turned and looked at me saying that it looked great in her mouth as if she hadn't been expecting that. My girlfriend have issues with the medicine she takes affecting her teeth and this dries her mouth out plus that the shape of her lips means she cannot close the mouth properly when she sleeps. Every time we have been to the dentist with her for about 3 years the dentist has told her about her problems with the gums being infected. Not a mention of it now after she used oil pulling with sesame oil for a few months.

Thank you to CG for making her and me take notice of this and improving our oral health.

Hrmm, interesting. My housemates have been talking about doing this oil pulling stuff.

Is coconut oil OK to start with? We have that laying around as well as olive oil, almond oil and sesame oil. Might give this a go, hope it doesn't make me gag!

Thanks for the info CrystalGeezer and Anons.

Liam

Hrmm, interesting. My housemates have been talking about doing this oil pulling stuff.

Is coconut oil OK to start with? We have that laying around as well as olive oil, almond oil and sesame oil. Might give this a go, hope it doesn't make me gag!

Thanks for the info CrystalGeezer and Anons.

Liam

Cocoa oil kills bacteria and sesame oil will help you remove plaque. I would recommend cocoa oil but beware that your throat may react if some of the cocoa oil ends up there during the pulling. Cocoa oil is probably harder for most people to get used to when it comes to taste and how it feels in the mouth. I have never had any such issues in life myself but I know some people cannot taste certain things or have trouble swallowing large pills and so on.

I feel that cocoa oil is more effective and as a known bacteria killer it will do the job in your mouth to keep it clean. I do oil pulling after breakfast for 20 minutes and then brush my teeth and for 10 minutes inbetween the tooth brushings at night. I brush the teeth twice at night and only rinse the tooth paste out the first time before I do the oil pulling. After that I brush the teeth again and only spit out the tooth paste cause the layer left will protect your teeth overnight and that was proved by a study in the 90's which was reported on radio and on tv.

If you cannot stomach some things then you have to ask yourself if it is worth pushing yourself or not. The benefits of using this are many and I have never had cleaner teeth or felt as fresh in my mouth before. When I changed to cocoa oil after using sesame oil I had a slight problem with the gums that meant the neck of the tooth was visible and exposed. That problem disappeared with the use of cocoa oil.

If you prefer sesame oil like my girlfriend then her latest check up at the dentist showed her oral health was better and especially at the gums. In her case she will build up plaque due to the fact she does not close her mouth properly when she sleeps plus she takes meds that affect her teeth.

Other positive experiences is that you get better saliva production which of course contains important things that defend your teeth against acid attacks. I now suspect that what made me feel dizzy for the first days when I did the oil pulling was the fact that I was unused to it and perhaps got less air when doing it. It is important not to force the oil pulling and find your own way to do it to not get aches in the jaws from it.

Good luck!

Make sure to use cold pressed ecological cocoa oil. Do not confuse cocoal oil with cocoa milk cause you need the cocoa oil that's a bit like butter. It will turn into a fluid like substance in your mouth when mixed with the saliva after a few seconds.

I developed a cold overnight and am miserable with a sore throat and aches. I'm wondering if I should try this soup remedy that calls for over 50 cloves of garlic? :squiffy: Anything to feel better but I'm not sure I want to make my kitchen and house smell like a vampire's nightmare.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/garlic-soup-recipe/

I developed a cold overnight and am miserable with a sore throat and aches. I'm wondering if I should try this soup remedy that calls for over 50 cloves of garlic? :squiffy: Anything to feel better but I'm not sure I want to make my kitchen and house smell like a vampire's nightmare.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/garlic-soup-recipe/

You have to get some cocoa oil down you to fight back the candida overgrowth which may be cause you have consumed too much sugar of late.

You have to get some cocoa oil down you to fight back the candida overgrowth which may be cause you have consumed too much sugar of late.

Cocoa oil...a hershey bar would work fine, right? :o

Ayurvedic tips for drinking water.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013...ps-for-a-happily-hydrated-body-julie-bernier/

Again Ayurveda brings us indispensable guidelines for something we thought had no method: drinking water. Just like the rules for eating there’s a way to drink that helps your physical body thrive. It’s more than just glass to lips and chug.

With a teensy bit more awareness, the way in which you drink water can seriously be a life-changer. For me, it meant not having to race to pee all the time. For a friend who also heeded the advice it meant no more massive and uncomfortable post-meal burps. For another friend, drinking water the right way meant no longer feeling painfully full after eating a normal amount of food. And this all came with such simple, minor changes.

So, the Ayurvedic way to drink water:

1. First off, sit down to drink (just as you should sit down to eat).

2. Take sips, not full-glass chugs. Small sip, swallow, breathe. Repeat.

3. Sip water throughout the day. If you chug too much water at once your body doesn’t actually absorb all of it. Most of it will run right through you.

4. Drink at least room temperature water. Warm is even better. Cold and iced water literally douse the digestive fire.

5. Only sip a small amount of water with your meals. If you drink too much while you eat, your belly won’t have enough room for digestive action. Remember this rule: fill your stomach 50% with food, 25% with water, and leave 25% empty for the digestive juices and process.

6. For the same reason, don’t drink loads of water before or after your meals. Fill 50% with food, 25% with water, and leave 25% empty.

7. Drink when you’re thirsty. Thirst is a natural urge that should be heeded. It means you’re body needs water.

8. As far as how much, we’re all different sizes with varied diets and lifestyles. One set rule of eight glasses a day simply can not apply to everyone. Naturally, the miraculous human body has it’s own built-in measuring system: thirst. If you’re thirsty, drink water. When you listen to thirst cues and sip water throughout the day you’ll be drinking the right amount.

9. Your urine is a secondary confirmation to know if you’re amply hydrated. It should be fairly clear and straw colored. If it’s dark yellow you need to drink more.

10. Your lips are yet another indicator. If they’re dry you might be dehydrated.

The rules are so straightforward, perhaps even obvious or intuitive. But they might make a serious difference in the way you feel on a daily basis.

Whether it’s how to eat, how to drink, how to bathe, or the myriad of other natural behaviors that we’ve never given a second thought, the beautiful science of Ayurveda teaches us the ideal way to do each to feel our absolute best.

Alternative therapy for headaches please? :(

I heard once that a really high percentage, like in the 80s, of headaches are caused by dehydration and that drinking water will solve the problem faster than any pain medicine.

Back
Top Bottom