Ignore

realitybites

making lemonade
Why can't I put a moderator on ignore? I should be allowed to do this. Every time I see a certain person's irritating, whiny posts my mood sours.

Re:

Why can't I put a moderator on ignore? I should be allowed to do this. Every time I see a certain person's irritating, whiny posts my mood sours.

I'm sorry for making irritating whiny posts.

Moderators are given tasks to assist forum users, but few people are good at finding things to complain about.

One of the biggest goals of this site is, to promote tolerance with others.

This is the biggest unofficial fan site for Morrissey and associated artists, users come from all over the world for latest news.

David has lenient moderating policy and finally it is showing that his practice is working.

For the first time we haven't had a ban of a forum user this year so far except spammers and returning trolls.

I don't know David is able to modify the ignore function setting, but you should learn to put up with some people you don't like.

Re:

I'm sorry for making irritating whiny posts.

I wasn't talking about you. Strange that you should think so.

Moderators are given tasks to assist forum users, but few people are good at finding things to complain about.

One of the biggest goals of this site is, to promote tolerance with others.

This is the biggest unofficial fan site for Morrissey and associated artists, users come from all over the world for latest news.

David has lenient moderating policy and finally it is showing that his practice is working.

For the first time we haven't had a ban of a forum user this year so far except spammers and returning trolls.

I don't know David is able to modify the ignore function setting, but you should learn to put up with some people you don't like.

This is hilarious! You keep telling people to put others on ignore... if they want to be able to censor posts. I like that we can do this. It actually does serve a purpose that is useful. All I am requesting is to have the ability to put moderators on ignore. Why should they be exempt? If they NEED to communicate with me, they can email me. My address is on my profile.

When a person is on one's ignore list, one does not receive email alerts when s/he posts. My inbox traffic has been cut in half simply by putting one CrystalGeezer on ignore. I'd like to add one more to my list.

Let's be consistent here. Moderators should be able to be ignored as well. It won't keep them from their duties.

Re:

I have gone ahead and allowed users to ignore mods / admins.

It's set as default to not be able to ignore mods. I think this is to avoid a case where a user can say they never saw warnings / admin posts. Mods can't tell who is on a user's ignore list and expecting individual emails isn't the best solution anyway as I certainly don't want to create more work for the mods / myself.

I don't think this will be a big issue but if someone gets banned after 'not seeing' warnings / posts from mods/admins, I won't have an issue upholding it if they had added a mod to their ignore list.

Last edited:
Re:

So who are the mods/administrators?
I know DavidT, Kewpie and UncleSkinny.
Are there any more?

Re:

I have gone ahead and allowed users to ignore mods / admins.

It's set as default to not be able to ignore mods. I think this is to avoid a case where a user can say they never saw warnings / admin posts. Mods can't tell who is on a user's ignore list and expecting individual emails isn't the best solution anyway as I certainly don't want to create more work for the mods / myself.

I don't think this will be a big issue but if someone gets banned after 'not seeing' warnings / posts from mods/admins, I won't have an issue upholding it if they had added a mod to their ignore list.

Thank you David. I will only be putting one mod on ignore. So I will be able to get warnings from you, US, Kewpie, and MR.

Re:

So who are the mods/administrators?
I know DavidT, Kewpie and UncleSkinny.
Are there any more?

If you scroll down the threads, there is a list of moderators at the bottom except site feedback forum.

Forum moderators are Abrahan, MORRIZSEY, MozRecordings, Uncleskinny and I.

Re:

Do I look like Jim Morrison in this gif?

tumblr_mhrrf5KTBR1qhtzooo2_250.gif

Re:

Do I look like Jim Morrison in this gif?

tumblr_mhrrf5KTBR1qhtzooo2_250.gif

What is wrong with you? You're seriously trolling a moderator? :squiffy: It seems like you don't want to ignore him since you bring him up all the time. What did he do exactly?

Re:

What is wrong with you? You're seriously trolling a moderator? :squiffy: It seems like you don't want to ignore him since you bring him up all the time. What did he do exactly?

Like it is any of your business. Put your snout back in the trough...

Oh, so I'm not ignore? You read me loud and clear?

If I'm not logged in, I can see your drivel. If others quote you, like Viva did--in this case, I can see you drivel. I may occasionally choose to respond to it. But more often then not I won't.

The main reason you are on ignore is so I don't get spammed with email alerts when you post. Out of sight, out of mind. I don't like you. I think you are a mean, annoying, petty, vindictive, toxic person. I don't want you in my world.

Back
Top Bottom