"The Smiths in Posters Exhibition" in Manchester, UK (July 4 - Aug. 31, 2013)

Re: The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters

4 firsts promo posters:
1. Hand In Glove
2. This Charming Man
3. What Difference Does It Make?
4. The Smiths (album)
The Smiths Exhibition Manch Quadres -I-B-Vermell-negre.jpg

Re: The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters

will there be opportunity to purchase any?

Nice. Wish I could be there. :cool:

cheers!

mbr.

Will be interesting to see.

The completist in me loves the fact that you have both versions of the Hatful poster
smiths posters1.jpg

I'm interested to know what the Kevin Cummins image is on the 'special' promotional poster?

Dave

?- What does Morrissey-Solo, " A Hateful Online Creche" and the UK Premier Exhibition of the Complete Collection of 'The Smiths' Original Posters have in common?

Answer- cool posters.

Will be interesting to see.

The completist in me loves the fact that you have both versions of the Hatful poster
View attachment 15698

I'm interested to know what the Kevin Cummins image is on the 'special' promotional poster?

Dave

Hi Dave! You do not have it both? I do appreciate your comment!

About the picture I can promise that if you could ever guessed you would have powers! I think it's going to be a quite surprise!

;D

- - - Updated - - -

will there be opportunity to purchase any?

They are going to be able to purchase them on www.thesmiths.cat, I hope to finish in 9 days!
:D
Marc

"The Smiths in Posters Exhibition" in Manchester, UK

“The Smiths in Posters Exhibition” in Manchester
The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters
4 July – 1 August 2013
Barcelona NQ Bar & Restaurant
6 Hilton Street, Northern Quarter
Manchester

Manch_Exhib-Poster_TCM-EVENT-TWEET-RET.jpg

This collection is a unique worldwide exhibition which has only been held before in Catalonia. It includes the original posters, distributed as limited editions in record stores of The Smiths – Rough Trade & The Cartel in UK or Ireland and SIRE in US. The Value of the collection is priceless, collected over a decade of careful dedication.

With over 35 original, creative and very rare posters this exhibition is not to be missed by any genuine Smiths Fan!

Further info http://www.thesmiths.cat/the-smiths-exhibition/

Last edited:
UPDATE July 27:

The event has been extended to Aug. 31, 2013.

“The Smiths in Posters Exhibition” in Manchester
The UK Premier Exhibition of The Complete Collection of ‘The Smiths’ Original Posters
4 July – 1 August 2013
Barcelona NQ Bar & Restaurant
6 Hilton Street, Northern Quarter
Manchester

manch_exhib-poster_tcm-event-tweet-ret.jpg

This collection is a unique worldwide exhibition which has only been held before in Catalonia. It includes the original posters, distributed as limited editions in record stores of The Smiths – Rough Trade & The Cartel in UK or Ireland and SIRE in US. The Value of the collection is priceless, collected over a decade of careful dedication.

With over 35 original, creative and very rare posters this exhibition is not to be missed by any genuine Smiths Fan!

Further info http://www.thesmiths.cat/the-smiths-exhibition/

Attachments

• Smiths-Manchester-Exhibit-TCM-OK.jpg
    Smiths-Manchester-Exhibit-TCM-OK.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

went along today when was in town to have a look

very impressive displays and posters - enjoyable half an hour spent looking around with a nice bottle of cider from the bar

also picked up an exhibition promo poster signed, lovely stuff

good work to those who got this collection over here :thumb: thank-you

Thank you very Much!!! It's a pleasure when people enjoy it!!! I do appreciate it!

went along today when was in town to have a look

very impressive displays and posters - enjoyable half an hour spent looking around with a nice bottle of cider from the bar

also picked up an exhibition promo poster signed, lovely stuff

good work to those who got this collection over here :thumb: thank-you

attachment.php

Beautiful pics. Thank you.

The Artwork of the Smiths – in Pictures

From the Guardian today, The artwork of the Smiths – in pictures.

Fans of the Smiths were given an additional invitation to the inner workings of Morrissey's mind via the artwork that accompanied the band's music, which featured figures from Elvis to Yootha Joyce and encapsulated the humour and tragedy of the band's lyrics.

The Smiths Poster Exhibition, taking place at BarcelonaNQ in Manchester until 31 August, is lifted from the personal stash of Smiths obsessive Marc Capella. Here's a selection of the most famous pieces.

Re: The Artwork of the Smiths – in Pictures

Thank you dear reality bites!

Fans of the Smiths were given an additional invitation to the inner workings of Morrissey's mind via the artwork that accompanied the band's music, which featured figures from Elvis to Yootha Joyce and encapsulated the humour and tragedy of the band's lyrics.

The Smiths Poster Exhibition, taking place at BarcelonaNQ in Manchester until 31 August, is lifted from the personal stash of Smiths obsessive Marc Capella. Here's a selection of the most famous pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you dear reality bites!

Tags
exhibition poster posters rare the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom