what did you guys think of elca in '97

> what did you guys think of elca in '97

They were good. The drummer was the true gem of the group. I loved the way that he had a china crash cymbal set up behind him and would strike it up back by his head. After the show my friend and I spotted the bassist just sitting in in one of the chairs in the theatre watching morrissey. Nobody recognized him as being in Elca and he was just casually sitting there with a bottle of Henry weinhard's in his hand. We spoke with him after the show briefly and he seemed really nice. He said that he and morrissey were both affiliated with Island records in the UK and that was part of the reason they were on tour together. Also he said this wast their first tour in america. The bassist also let me take a look at his maladjusted pass which I believe was yellow and hanging around his neck. It was a close up of that picture of Robert Wagner and that other guy in the pool together, the same on that was the backdrop for the show that I saw.
I thought they were a great band and their song Supercharger, which I guess was a single of theirs in England was the best song they played.

Elka wasn't bad, especially for an opening band, reminded me a bit of Gene.

Sorry, but Elca (or was it Elka?) was Britpop by numbers, in a way. The sound reminded me of a mixture of Marion and Menswear, which was even in 1997 not quite the hippest young thing, was it?

Okay, Elca was acceptable compared with Phranc ("you´re making a fool of yourself, so ger off trhe stage") - or that unbelievable western/country girl group I saw in 1992 in Duesseldorf...

But - anyway - I would even like to see Hitme Spears if this wouzld mean to see Morrissey later live on stage!!!!! Most definitely!

tell YOUR Morrissey/Smiffs story

I thought they solidly played a boring set.

Back
Top Bottom