The Offishul Shoe Thread

00ormdy.jpg

I've had a pair of these for nearly ten years yet the soles are hardly worn at all. Palladium Pampa, canvas uppers, rubber sole. Not the prettiest things in the world, but my God, so comfortable. They weigh next to nothing, and are the boots worn by the French Foreign Legion.

They used to be very cheap, but since Will Smith wore Palladium boots in I Am Legend the price has more than tripled. No wonder he blew himself up at the end.

I like em!

An afternoon in the attic, and a welcome revisiting of my LTCoS, or Large Tea Chest of Shoes.

I found these, which are a bit strange. I think I got them about ten years ago. Converse John Varatos Ox bungees. They didn't catch on, and you have to wonder if in part it might have been due to the poor buggers in the factory who had to lace them may have resigned after doing half a dozen.

I don't think I wore them more than three or four times, but I'm breaking them out for Summer. Very comfortable, but the real issue are... yes, the laces. What else could it be? The elasticated laces are a pain to tie and worse still to untie. Although you can slip them on and off it can still be a problem.

They used to get admiring glances back in the early 2000s. Now I suspect I'll get a lot more "how old are you?"

An afternoon in the attic, and a welcome revisiting of my LTCoS, or Large Tea Chest of Shoes.

I found these, which are a bit strange. I think I got them about ten years ago. Converse John Varatos Ox bungees. They didn't catch on, and you have to wonder if in part it might have been due to the poor buggers in the factory who had to lace them may have resigned after doing half a dozen.

I don't think I wore them more than three or four times, but I'm breaking them out for Summer. Very comfortable, but the real issue are... yes, the laces. What else could it be? The elasticated laces are a pain to tie and worse still to untie. Although you can slip them on and off it can still be a problem.

They used to get admiring glances back in the early 2000s. Now I suspect I'll get a lot more "how old are you?"

I'd get some nice white normal laces for them. That elastic would do my head in.

I'm kinda loving RPatz' canvas sambas.

robert-pattinson-says-hes-homeless__oPt.jpg

It was my birthday this week. It’s now become a bit of a custom for me to purchase a new pair of shoes on my birthday. When you factor in lifecycles of shoes and rotation of purchases, brown, work shoes, casual shoes, it works out to be quite a good thing.

I got these nice tan leather shoes for the summer (when it arrives). As soon as I slipped them on I was sold. They are very, very comfortable. They can be dressed up or down. I tend to go up, while most New Zealand males go too casual. I’ll be a sartorial rebel then. This is the third pair of shoes of I have bought from Florshiem. I really like their range of footwear. I’ve become very loyal to them now and won’t really go to any other shops.

shoes.jpg

My friend gave me a pair of Salt Water Sandals for my birthday. They're these old school children's shoe that has some adult sizes in certain colors. They have rather complicated instructions before you start wearing them involving stretching and squeezing and water... :squiffy:

15506232225_4768c43375_z.jpg

When it comes to formal shoes I simply cannot stand brogues. They remind me of old furniture details that old people used to have back in the day. I also cannot see myself ever wearing brown shoes. Burgundy can work depending on the quality of the shoe and how dark or bright they are. Too shiny and burgundy makes it look a bit kinky for any man to wear.

To be absolutely sure I think I stick to black when it comes to formal shoes and no heel. Far too many formal shoes for men come with a heel instead of a nice flat sole.

It was my birthday this week. It’s now become a bit of a custom for me to purchase a new pair of shoes on my birthday. When you factor in lifecycles of shoes and rotation of purchases, brown, work shoes, casual shoes, it works out to be quite a good thing.

I got these nice tan leather shoes for the summer (when it arrives). As soon as I slipped them on I was sold. They are very, very comfortable. They can be dressed up or down. I tend to go up, while most New Zealand males go too casual. I’ll be a sartorial rebel then. This is the third pair of shoes of I have bought from Florshiem. I really like their range of footwear. I’ve become very loyal to them now and won’t really go to any other shops.

View attachment 32746

These are smashing.

These are the boots I've been crushing on for over a year. :horny:

2674295-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I pretty much wore Clark's desert boots (and Jack Purcell's) in high school exclusively. I saw a pair in the window at the mall the other day and wondered if I should bring them back...? I dunno. They walk a fine line between looking dated and looking classic.

15645690186_42d01fd1f2_b.jpg

My brown corduroy Pumas. I like to think of them as my Manchester Cloth Pumas. :cool: They're really comfortable, I should wear them more often. :squiffy: Billy Scissors made fun of them, I always think of that and put them back. f*** him, my shoes are rad.

15684289210_4a4606079b_b.jpg

Last edited:
These are the boots I've been crushing on for over a year. :horny:

2674295-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I think the reason I'm crushing on these boots is they remind me of those grey Reeboks in my essay. (Most of that part was totally fabricated, btw. The parts are all distantly true but I never kissed Louis, my dad would never ask me to clean the garage, I wasn't friends with Alicia she was a Jehovah's WItness bitch, I have no idea why I worked her into the plot, there was no Magic Mountain summer camp and I didn't chew Chicklets, I chewed Hubba Bubba. I had to think of the parts of a 1984-era story to create a false syllogism. The Reeboks were true though, high top grey leather from Mervyns. Same color as these.)

Back
Top Bottom