Name a song that plays and you think "Damn that's a beautiful song"

-Some of the most beautiful lyrics ever written in a song.....

"Farewell and Goodnight" by The Smashing Pumpkins

-verse 1- Billy solo, and then James solo.

-chorus- Billy, James, & D'Arcy.

-verse 2- James & D'Arcy go back & forth with short solos. Then James & D'Arcy sing together. Next James, D'Arcy, & Billy sing together. Billy closes out the verse with a solo. At the 2:13 point, in the middle of verse 2, the vocals become quite beautiful. This is when James & D'Arcy start singing together. The vocals remain beautiful throughout the rest of the verse. Heartbreakingly beautiful.

-chorus- Billy, James, & D'Arcy.

Starting at the 3:28 point Billy Corgan plays a gorgeous piano solo. His piano solo plays alone until the end of the song.

Smashing Pumpkins 1995..jpg

Billy, D'Arcy, Jimmy, & James

Last edited by a moderator:

Love.

I think this is a beautiful song.

Great choice. They have a magnificent anthem too. Here's the original and best version, before they took out all the references to being free.

If that doesn't make you want to go out and purge a capitalist running dog I don't know what will.

(Posted on my iPad.)

I shot this video a few years ago at one of the best shows I've ever been to. I don't normally like to keep my camera out, but standing mere inches away from Mark Burgess while the Chams played one of the most gorgeous songs ever written…how could I not?

Would be a cool wedding song.

"Carla Etude" and "Chloe" are both gorgeous. These songs aren't for everyone, but I like them. (The "Fanfare" part is lame, really lame. It runs from 4:45 to 6:09.)

"Carla Etude," "Fanfare," and "Chloe." by Elton

-They spared no expense for this set design (for the album cover).

Back
Top Bottom