Rolling Stone Readers' Poll - 10 Bands for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 2014, The Smiths #2

That band, along with REO Wankwagon, Foreigner, Styxx, Asia, Toto, Survivor, Europe, Kansas and Journey...... utter shite.

I agree with you with the "Chicago" of the 80's and 90's. When Peter Cetera took over the band with his tepid love songs and then Jason Schiff became the new lead singer and things really spiraled out of control. However, the Chicago of the late 60's and the 1970's were terrific. They put out great songs like "Beginnings", "I'm a Man," "Make Me Smile," "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?," "Saturday in the Park," etc., etc. Such a unique sound with the trombone, trumpet, and sax jamming along on almost every tune. These were the days when Robert Lamm & Terry Kath were running the show and they were good days indeed. You're right anonymous in the fact that Chicago sadly became utter shite in terms of the songs they were putting out. But in concert, 90% of their songs are the classics from the late 60's and 1970's. Songs that I love.

I have a question: can Morrissey and Marr be inducted as songwriters, bypassing the whole Smiths issue altogether? Also, M can be nominated as a solo artist, so he really has nothing to worry about.

:lbf:

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya, Slash on acoustic guitar smoking some goodies,while that singer dude is loosing
the lyrics, and goes knocking on heavens door

great written laughing piece about Kumbaya and Guns N Roses

no need to be in the Hall of Fame for The Smiths, Legendary bands don't need that to continue their legacy

Eddie Vedder, of course.

Yeah, Eddie could do it! Which reminds me Pearl Jam should definitely be inducted into the Hall too! Not sure if they're eligible yet though. I think it has to be 25 yrs. since your first release and hasnt been quite that long. In a year or two it will be.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom