The Footy Thread

Roy Keane

A proper footy thread. ;)

Unless you're missing a chromosome or two, you'd well agree that Man Utd have got the title sown up. So that leaves the battle for top four and the relegation battle. So let's hear from the prognosticators. Here are my picks:

Top four: Everton couldn't possibly squeeze their way in, could they? Highly doubtful. It's among those three London clubs. I'm picking Chelsea for third and Arsenal for fourth. The Spurs will bottle it. They always do. I think AVB is overrated.

Relegation: Sorry, Harry. And you too, Reading. Those are the obvious picks. The fascist perhaps will save Sunderland. As poor as Villa have been, surely they've got enough talent to eke out enough points. Wigan have been living on borrowed time. They're done for. They need them to rest everybody, and concentrate all their efforts on the FA Cup final. :D

Oh, and Champions League. Anyone but Barca and Madrid. Please!!

*yawn*

No worries at all. Even if City win out, which they won't, Utd only need two wins out of five. Home to Villa and Swansea will certainly be enough. Although yes, I'm slightly irritated with Utd at the moment, I must confess.

In any event, I saw this quintessential Ronaldino goal recently. Cheeky bastard.

Last edited by a moderator:
feet.jpg

U-17 match, Sebastian Driussi with a spectacular goal. Reminiscent of that goal by Rivaldo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll humour you Roy as you were once one of my favourite players.

The Premiership has been a one horse race for most of the season so doesn't warrant much discussion.

The Second Division is thriving thanks to it being a bit bereft of quality this year meaning no two teams have run away with the league. Cardiff are up but the rest is all to play for with Bolton, Forest, Leicester, Brighton and Palace all battling it out for the last play off spots.

My team managed to squeak in a couple of weeks ago but since the International break have done their best to f*** everything up. As my mate once said, Forest will always disappoint you.

Congrats to Cardiff for winning the Championship and finally reaching the Premier League. It will be great to see the 2 welsh derby games against Swansea next season. Bluebirds (Cardiff Lad) must be a very happy chappy as I type this!

---Tomas Brolin

Indeed, top flight has lacked some drama as compared to other years, but the race for top four is still quite tasty. I'd love for Rafa to destroy a third club in as many years, but unfortunately, I think the renties will survive. And of course, the ever underrated relegation battle. Two of three slots seemingly filled, but a whopping five games left for the final slot. Who'll "dig deep" to find their true wretched form?

I confess to not having paid much attention to the lower leagues this year. I'm glad that cardiff will be promoted if only because they now get to play their fellow sheepshaggers in the top league. Along those lines, I'd like Sheffield Utd to make their way up. Owls and Blades and all that. But good luck to your Forest. Wembley is in your grasp.

Bale, I'm expecting some wank-tastic goals from you tomorrow. Bale! Bale! Bale! Bale!

Indeed, top flight has lacked some drama as compared to other years, but the race for top four is still quite tasty. I'd love for Rafa to destroy a third club in as many years, but unfortunately, I think the renties will survive. And of course, the ever underrated relegation battle. Two of three slots seemingly filled, but a whopping five games left for the final slot. Who'll "dig deep" to find their true wretched form?

I confess to not having paid much attention to the lower leagues this year. I'm glad that cardiff will be promoted if only because they now get to play their fellow sheepshaggers in the top league. Along those lines, I'd like Sheffield Utd to make their way up. Owls and Blades and all that. But good luck to your Forest. Wembley is in your grasp.

Bale, I'm expecting some wank-tastic goals from you tomorrow. Bale! Bale! Bale! Bale!

Bale will not be able to play!

Bale will not be able to play!

He's been declared fit to play. So you shut your whore mouth!

That is, unless you're playing the jinx angle in which case, I hope he fractures his tibia and fibula in six different places. Each. On both legs.

He's been declared fit to play. So you shut your whore mouth!

That is, unless you're playing the jinx angle in which case, I hope he fractures his tibia and fibula in six different places. Each. On both legs.

LOL

They did play him and he did not look quite like his old self until Spurs turned the game around. I think you owe Bale an apology now for helping our beloved United out. My jinx worked as he played and scored.

I think Luis Suarez should've been on the short list for PFA player of the year, but seriously, what an odious c***.

Yeah,a sad thing to see on a football field.
I wonder when he becomes expendable?
A great player but really unstable at times.
PFA player of the year??
I can't see the pros voting for him.

Irrespective of what the FA say Brendan Rodgers should announce Suarez won't play again for the rest of the season, but he won't....

2 great days in football. United winning the league on Monday and day after Bayern Munich destroy Barcelona 4-0.

I don't care for footie but I love footie lads.

I'll play along. In a no homo kinda way, I'd put C.Ronaldo (grudgingly) and Michael Owen in god tier. Fernando Torres at Liverpool with the frosted locks was quite the looker, but my goodness, his football skills aren't the only thing that have gone to shit.

Aah last night's game...

Some shocking refereeing but I think there's a bit of karma involved for the amount of times I've seen Barca's players rolling about conning the ref, what goes around comes around.

Still, it could easily have been a draw if Barca didn't spurn a good few sitters.

As for Suarez, it was pretty funny wasn't it? The size of his teeth too! I like it when footballers do mental stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom