The Footy Thread

f***ed off about playing Monday night, seems we are always playing catch up :(
:lbf::lbf: You make me laugh Jukey.
All the things Sir Alex used to moan about.
Now some City fans are coming up with them.
Playing after the others playing catch up.Was fine when Utd had to do it.
Fixtures piling up.Utd had to deal with it.Playing top teams in away games after European games,Utd had to do it.
Here's the truth If Liverpool win it it will be because they deserve it.
Remember you said that when you won it?
Despite playing the best football all season,your team only won it by
scoring two goals in the last mins to win on goal difference.
From a Utd team who lost and dropped points in the run in.
The league cup as you say is at least a cup.
But really it's a very poor return from the squad City have.
Ten wins in a row is champions form.
It's not over yet but it's very hard now not to see Liverpool winning it now.
I still think who ever gets 86 points will be Champions.

Last edited:
Well it looks like she's clearing her throat.
Liverpool up 2-0 after ten mins.
They are playing like champions.
Norwich having a go but Liverpool look solid.
I very rarely give a game up at half time but I really can't be bothered.
I'm off out for a beer.
It might be on in the pub but I'm really not bothered now Liverpool are well in charge in this match.
Can't see Norwich getting back.

Last edited:
I do get a little narked by the ''highest wage earners in the world'' tag. No one ever mentioned this when the united or Chelsea were paying silly wages, indeed no one gives united grief over Rooney being the highest paid player, just ''bad old City ruining football'' again. And just because we pay more doesn't mean we should win more. If we paid less, the top players most likely wouldn't be attracted (yet) to join us as we have to establish ourselves more on a European stage to be attracted to join as a name first, then wages.

Jukebox Jury said:
I do get a little narked by the ''highest wage earners in the world'' tag. No one ever mentioned this when the united or Chelsea were paying silly wages, indeed no one gives united grief over Rooney being the highest paid player, just ''bad old City ruining football'' again. And just because we pay more doesn't mean we should win more. If we paid less, the top players most likely wouldn't be attracted (yet) to join us as we have to establish ourselves more on a European stage to be attracted to join as a name first, then wages.

Oh come now, JJ. When Chelsea got their sugar daddy, I'm sure money was a frequent basis of your jibes towards them. The difference now, of course, is that the shoe is on the other foot. Sorry, it's the price one pays for living in high-rent district. Surely you understand that I can't offer you much in the way of sympathy.

I don’t think you were throwing it back at me necessarily. But just to be clear, I personally don’t care what clubs spend. On some level, I do, but that’s a debate for another day. As we live in the here and now, in the real world, it’s a fact of life that some clubs will spend more than others.

And lastly, if there's one constant in football, it's the direct correlation between wage bill and wins: Utd, Chelsea, City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid, now PSG, now Monaco, etc. It's going to be a very bad year for Barcelona, Man Utd and City in particular.

Oh come now, JJ. When Chelsea got their sugar daddy, I'm sure money was a frequent basis of your jibes towards them. The difference now, of course, is that the shoe is on the other foot. Sorry, it's the price one pays for living in high-rent district. Surely you understand that I can't offer you much in the way of sympathy.

I don’t think you were throwing it back at me necessarily. But just to be clear, I personally don’t care what clubs spend. On some level, I do, but that’s a debate for another day. As we live in the here and now, in the real world, it’s a fact of life that some clubs will spend more than others.

And lastly, if there's one constant in football, it's the direct correlation between wage bill and wins: Utd, Chelsea, City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid, now PSG, now Monaco, etc. It's going to be a very bad year for Barcelona, Man Utd and City in particular.

Ha ha I'm not after sympathy - the thing is I never hear a West Ham or Fulham fan complain about how much money our sugar daddy has given us..... no.... the ones complaining are Chelsea (I kid you not), Arse and Stretford fans - because their nice little secure earner has been threatened / challenged. I never heard journo's giving Chelsea the shit that City get.
There is this sudden belief that Liverpool have a home grown side that are battling the evil Arab Empire and winning..... they have spent multiple 100's of millions but that is being airbrushed out of comment in the papers......
City's owners have pumped millions (or billions if you believe the papers) into City / the game and that is seen as a bad thing. Stretford's owners have taken millions out of the game and no one blinks an eye lid. Especially the Glazer apologist Slur Bacon Face.

Those clubs you mention have reaped the rewards of Champions League football for 2 decades. City have had three years of it (only once reaching beyond the group stage) so give us a little time to acclimatise please!

Jukebox ''Come on City against West Brom'' Jury :thumb:

:lbf::lbf: You make me laugh Jukey.
All the things Sir Alex used to moan about.
Now some City fans are coming up with them.
Playing after the others playing catch up.Was fine when Utd had to do it.
Fixtures piling up.Utd had to deal with it.Playing top teams in away games after European games,Utd had to do it.
Here's the truth If Liverpool win it it will be because they deserve it.
Remember you said that when you won it?
Despite playing the best football all season,your team only won it by
scoring two goals in the last mins to win on goal difference.
From a Utd team who lost and dropped points in the run in.
The league cup as you say is at least a cup.
But really it's a very poor return from the squad City have.
Ten wins in a row is champions form.
It's not over yet but it's very hard now not to see Liverpool winning it now.
I still think who ever gets 86 points will be Champions.

No problem with the fixture pile up - sign of a successful team!
In all, Liverpool will have played 40 games this season, City 56 and Chelsea more. That in itself is an indication as to how fresh Liverpool have been playing one game a week on average.
I'm just narked that for the past how ever many weeks, we are playing last each weekend (apart from when playing Liverpool themselves!) and never gives us the chance to put the pressure on teams around us at weekends.
You keep peddling that myth that we won the league by scoring two goals in Fergie time against QPR. No we didn't. We won it over 38 games.
We won it by doing the double over Stretford. Had we drawn at least one of those two games then the points total would have been different. In fact, had we only won 1-0 instead of 6-1 at The Swamp the end of season table would have been different.
And yes, if Liverpool win it they will have deserved it, just like every team that ends up on top come the 2nd week in May, whether it is by goals or points. The top team after 38 games are the worthy champions.
It doesn't matter how much a club throws at it (and other clubs are throwing money too) there are only 4 trophies up for grabs, 3 domestic and one European (4 domestic if you are Moyes winning the Community Shield :D ) and money is not a guarantee and nor should it ever be.

Jukebox ''I know It's Over, Still I cling'' Jury :thumb:

You keep peddling that myth that we won the league by scoring two goals in Fergie time against QPR.

Of course I except City won it over 38 games and I will add deserved it(they played the best football I think)
The point I'm making is that City never won the league convincingly like other sides have.By a good points margin.
Luck favoured them in the last game.
In fact if you look carefully at "the facts"
Beating Stoke for the cup win only 1-0???
League in the last mins????
Win this year in the league cup (with what I call the help of a wonder goal.)
I really don't think City when it comes to the test are that special.
I can't point my finger on it,because they should be with the talent they have in the squad.
I really thought this year City were going to come good but it hasn't happened.
There just seems to be something missing in the desire department.
Liverpool on the other hand have risen to the task when asked.
Apparently they rode their luck 2nd half yesterday.(I missed it I was out)
Still a couple of games left of course and nerves might yet take a part.
But two more wins will do it I think.

Of course I except City won it over 38 games and I will add deserved it(they played the best football I think)
The point I'm making is that City never won the league convincingly like other sides have.By a good points margin.
Luck favoured them in the last game.
In fact if you look carefully at "the facts"
Beating Stoke for the cup win only 1-0???
League in the last mins????
Win this year in the league cup (with what I call the help of a wonder goal.)
I really don't think City when it comes to the test are that special.
I can't point my finger on it,because they should be with the talent they have in the squad.
I really thought this year City were going to come good but it hasn't happened.
There just seems to be something missing in the desire department.
Liverpool on the other hand have risen to the task when asked.
Apparently they rode their luck 2nd half yesterday.(I missed it I was out)
Still a couple of games left of course and nerves might yet take a part.
But two more wins will do it I think.

One thing I noticed over the last 2 seasons is how teams play against us. Teams have come to City and parked a big f***ing double decker in front of their keeper. Yet the same team then go and play other top teams and play more open footy and get slaughtered.
Mancini towards the end of last season didn't know how to counter it, so more teams employed that system but not against other teams.
Stoke in the final was a classic (as was all games against a Pulis team!!) - how many chances did Joke create (one I recall when Kenwyne Jones had a 1 on 1 with Hart and that's it)
Sunderland at home losing 1-0 the last 4 years is another..... 70 odd % of play each time and lost as we couldn't get beyond the double decker. Sunderland in the cup final had 2 maybe 3 chances all game - a game that with the second half performance was more comfortable than the score suggests.
Plus this season we have missed Aguero badly...... like the rags missed van Pussy compared to last season. Doesn't matter how many ''expensive players'' there are in the squad you can't replace class like Kun.

Anyway - we did the business tonight agaimnst WBA and the roadshow goes to Anfield on Sunday and we can only hope that Jose doesn't put all his eggs in the CL basket...... a Chelsea win and City at Palace (wont be easy, they have won 5 on the bounce and Pulis will be bouncing for this one.... he's never forgiven City for beating Gillingham in the 99 play off final and the FA Cup when he was at Joke) becomes a ''title winning game'' for us to win.

Jukebox ''There is a light that never goes out'' Jury

Teams have come to City and parked a big f***ing double decker in front of their keeper.
I seem to recall SAF saying the same thing.
It's a tactic that's been used by teams for years.
It's not very pretty but it's something you have to get used to when your a top side.
Just the price you pay.
You wouldn't want any other way????
Be happy with it.
I see Utd have sacked David Moyes.
I thought it would happen when champions league football was no longer possible.
To be honest it's the results at home that have let utd down.
Plus not really competing with the top clubs in those games.
Results are the thing nowadays.
Some games Utd have been woeful.
But others they have just been down right unlucky.
That's the way it is.
We wouldn't love the game so much if it was different.

Mourinho says he's going to field a weakened team at Liverscum next week. Not happy about that at all. Desperately want Citeh to win the title over that pile of scum.

It's a beautiful game indeed, but...

f*** off, ya Chelsea c***s!

Liverpool, Gerrard, Suarez, et al., EPL winners. I think I'm gonna be sick.

My worst nightmare is happening! The scouse media love in is going to get so unbearable that I'm going to have to leave the country! ANYONE BUT THEM!

As well as Hazard being doubtful, apparently Cech and Terry are both out for the rest of the season. Just hope somehow we can get a result at Anfield next weekend. Then hoping Palace keep up their good form and take something from them. Come on Citeh, for the good of football win it!

Mourinho says he's going to field a weakened team at Liverscum next week. Not happy about that at all. Desperately want Citeh to win the title over that pile of scum.

Mind games

Jukebox ''Come on you Pensioners'' Jury :thumb:

My worst nightmare is happening! The scouse media love in is going to get so unbearable that I'm going to have to leave the country! ANYONE BUT THEM!

Oh, a nightmare indeed. Seppuku wouldn't exactly be out of the question.

I will have said the following for the third time to you lot in recent memory for which I'm hoping it will be a charm: C'mon, ya Chelsea c***s!

Wahahahahaha!!!

Chelsea, fielding a B team, and taking 3 at Anfield! Aided by a Stevie G cock up! What a glorious day.

As I type, Dzeko makes it 1-0. Huge sigh of relief as Crystal Palace have played frighteningly well since the arrival of Pulis.

But Mourinho: 16 out of 18 points against the top four. Zero goals conceded at Anfield, Etihad and Emirates (and Old Trafford) . The man is a tactical genius. Well done, you Chelsea c***s!

XUue4fU.jpg

Last edited:
I'm conflicted about Cardiff's probable relegation: I like O.G. Solskjaer. But I hate Vincent Tan.

Oh, why must life be filled with such soul-battering quandaries?

I'm conflicted about Cardiff's probable relegation: I like O.G. Solskjaer. But I hate Vincent Tan.

Oh, why must life be filled with such soul-battering quandaries?

No quandarie here Ole will always be a legend no matter what, Tan will always be a gobshite bollocks to him Cardiff for the drop..

I'm surprised by the lack of support for the scousers on this board. Not that I'm complaining, mind. :lbf:

We're here - we just don't like to boast about punching so far above our weight. :)

Today was a victory for the oligarchs of anti-football. I hope City win it ahead of Chelski.

Back
Top Bottom