The Footy Thread

Yes Sunday has the potential to be a great game.
Personally I feel City can get something out of it. A draw will do me!
I am more worried about the up coming Everton game as we rarely do well / get anything at Goodison Park.

Chelsea too, go to Anfield - but in between 2 CL semi finals........ again, could do with Liverpool not winning that one.
We shall see.....

Jukebox ''Come On City'' Jury :thumb:

A few random thoughts:

-City vs. Liverpool: What a game! Certainly lived up to the massive hype. Hate them both, but shiver me timbers, that was entertaining.
-Kompany: What the...? How the...? He let Sterling juke him for the first goal. Let Skrtel get away for the second. And committed what may be the most comical and costly blunder for the third and winning goal. Tender from injury or not, that's one of the most horrid CB performances I've ever seen.
-Demichelis: How does one of the worst CBs this year, a player who single-handedly knocked City from two cup competitions, contain Suarez, the best player this year by a country mile?
-Who could've possibly even entertained the notion of Liverpool winning the premier league and Atletico winning La Liga in the beginning of the season? Madness.
-Jordan Henderson missing games down the stretch could be a critical difference.
-Chelsea not out of it at all.
-Could Arsenal possibly end their cup drought? Could Wenger survive if they lose? I can't remember if he signed an extension.
-As much as I dislike Stevie G, I have to say that I'm happy to see him win such an insanely massive, potentially title winning game on the day of the remembrance of the Hillsborough disaster when, of course, his cousin died. I'm not completely rotten and decayed inside. Just mostly.
-But will Gerrard and Suarez really win a league title? I think I'm going to be sick.
-Suarez: christ, what an absolute c***. I dream of Real Madrid splashing the cash to take him away to La Liga.

-As much as I dislike Stevie G, I have to say that I'm happy to see him win such an insanely massive, potentially title winning game on the day of the remembrance of the Hillsborough disaster when, of course, his cousin died. I'm not completely rotten and decayed inside. Just mostly.

This weekend was pretty moving. I found out something I never knew about Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago and that's that 43 of the people who died wouldn't have done if theyd received the proper first aid treatment. That's pretty shocking whichever way you look at it considering all the coppers would have been first aid trained.

As a side note, as this year we're finally having the investigation which will lay to rest all of the wrongs of the coppers on the day can we please stop having a minute's silence every year? We don't do it for any other footballing disaster, not for Bradford, not for Heysel, not for Ibrox, now let's leave this one be.

This weekend was pretty moving. I found out something I never knew about Hillsborough a couple of weeks ago and that's that 43 of the people who died wouldn't have done if theyd received the proper first aid treatment. That's pretty shocking whichever way you look at it considering all the coppers would have been first aid trained.

As a side note, as this year we're finally having the investigation which will lay to rest all of the wrongs of the coppers on the day can we please stop having a minute's silence every year? We don't do it for any other footballing disaster, not for Bradford, not for Heysel, not for Ibrox, now let's leave this one be.

Charlie, you are right in that there are no national tributes to Bradford, Heysal and Ibrox (nor Burnden Park in the 30's) - but I'm happy to continue with a national tribute for Hillsborough until the 96 and their families get justice, that's the difference. There was never a cover up with the other disasters. Each year Hillsborough needs to be highlighted to showcase how much the authorities at the time lied, covered up and hid behind the terrible deaths on Leppings Lane.

Jukebox ''Justice for the 96'' Jury

Charlie, you are right in that there are no national tributes to Bradford, Heysal and Ibrox (nor Burnden Park in the 30's) - but I'm happy to continue with a national tribute for Hillsborough until the 96 and their families get justice, that's the difference. There was never a cover up with the other disasters. Each year Hillsborough needs to be highlighted to showcase how much the authorities at the time lied, covered up and hid behind the terrible deaths on Leppings Lane.

Jukebox ''Justice for the 96'' Jury

There will be this year, trust me! I'm sworn to secrecy though.

Well it looks like we might have to change our views about who's going to win the league now.
Poor display from City and a well deserved draw for Sunderland.
It could have been worse.
The Liverpool-Chelsea game now looks a winner takes all.
Jose Mourinho is a expert tactician,so the game will be fascinating.
Two tricky away games still for Liverpool.
I don't write City off,but Liverpool do really have the bit between there teeth.
It's all up in the air.

Well it looks like we might have to change our views about who's going to win the league now.
Poor display from City and a well deserved draw for Sunderland.
It could have been worse.
The Liverpool-Chelsea game now looks a winner takes all.
Jose Mourinho is a expert tactician,so the game will be fascinating.
Two tricky away games still for Liverpool.
I don't write City off,but Liverpool do really have the bit between there teeth.
It's all up in the air.

Mon dieu! I had no idea City drew against Sunderland until I saw your post. I’m gobsmacked.

What in the world is going on at Eastlands? There’s no other way to put it: for a team with the highest wage bill in the world of any team sport, a potential third place finish is nothing short of abject failure especially considering that United are floundering; Chelsea are “re-building”; and Arsenal are behaving like Arsenal.

JJ, I’d like your thoughts on Pellegrini. Also, what personnel changes would you like to see? No, I’m not necessarily counting you lot out just yet, but clearly, City are at a significant disadvantage. Whether now or later, let’s hear it.

So let’s see where we are:

Liverpool 77 pts
Chelsea 75 pts
Man City 71 pts

And the remaining schedule:

Liverpool

Norwich City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)

Chelsea
Sunderland (H)
Liverpool (A)
Norwich City (H)
Cardiff City (A)

Manchester City
West Brom (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Everton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (H)

With the way that Crystal Palace have played this second half, they're in perfect position to play spoilers. Not to mention that Cardiff will be playing for their lives against Liverpool.

Could The Special One pull off a result at Anfield? You would have to think that if any coach could rally his team, it would be Mourinho. C’mon, ya Chelsea c***s!!

No mention of Hulls victorious win at Wembley last week? Couldn't watch the match is it was on BT Sport so listened on the radio (proper old school like!) Sheffield nearly had me panicking late on in the game when they were 3 goals to Hulls 4, Hull f***ing pulled it out their arse though for the final flourish leaving them with a comfortable 5-3 in the bag. Just hope they annihilate Arsenal in a few weeks in the final.

There doesn't seem to have been any highlights of the Hull Sheffield match anywhere! Which was a bit shit, not even on match of the day.

No mention of Hulls victorious win at Wembley last week? Couldn't watch the match is it was on BT Sport so listened on the radio (proper old school like!) Sheffield nearly had me panicking late on in the game when they were 3 goals to Hulls 4, Hull f***ing pulled it out their arse though for the final flourish leaving them with a comfortable 5-3 in the bag. Just hope they annihilate Arsenal in a few weeks in the final.

There doesn't seem to have been any highlights of the Hull Sheffield match anywhere! Which was a bit shit, not even on match of the day.
So, you're a Hull girl then Mozza?
What do you think of the proposed name change?

So, you're a Hull girl then Mozza?
What do you think of the proposed name change?

Well by all accounts it's not happening now, the FA have stopped it from going forward after people voted yes to change it or something. To be honest it doesn't matter to me as I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but a lot of people I know have petitioned to keep the old name. Now it seems they've got what they want.

Mon dieu! I had no idea City drew against Sunderland until I saw your post. I’m gobsmacked.

What in the world is going on at Eastlands? There’s no other way to put it: for a team with the highest wage bill in the world of any team sport, a potential third place finish is nothing short of abject failure especially considering that United are floundering; Chelsea are “re-building”; and Arsenal are behaving like Arsenal.

JJ, I’d like your thoughts on Pellegrini. Also, what personnel changes would you like to see? No, I’m not necessarily counting you lot out just yet, but clearly, City are at a significant disadvantage. Whether now or later, let’s hear it.

So let’s see where we are:

Liverpool 77 pts
Chelsea 75 pts
Man City 71 pts

And the remaining schedule:

Liverpool

Norwich City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)

Chelsea
Sunderland (H)
Liverpool (A)
Norwich City (H)
Cardiff City (A)

Manchester City
West Brom (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Everton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (H)

With the way that Crystal Palace have played this second half, they're in perfect position to play spoilers. Not to mention that Cardiff will be playing for their lives against Liverpool.

Could The Special One pull off a result at Anfield? You would have to think that if any coach could rally his team, it would be Mourinho. C’mon, ya Chelsea c***s!!

I'm fine with Pellegrini - I was a Mancini fan but Pellegrini has done alright. He has been given a 5 trophies in 5 years plan and has one in one - admittedly the lowest cup going but still a cup. It is his first season in England, took him a few weeks to suss out how to play away and that cost us dearly losing games we should have won by a cricket score against Cardiff and Villa, the last minute f*** up by Hart / Nasty at Chelsea and the obligatory defeat at Sunderland. So I think next season, with the likes of Lescott (who I like), Rodwell (if anyone will buy him), maybe Dzeko, Sinclair and a few others too leaving and strengthening the side particularly with a new centre half to join Kompany we will be much stronger and I think we can then start to judge Pellegrini more.

I do get a little narked by the ''highest wage earners in the world'' tag. No one ever mentioned this when the united or Chelsea were paying silly wages, indeed no one gives united grief over Rooney being the highest paid player, just ''bad old City ruining football'' again. And just because we pay more doesn't mean we should win more. If we paid less, the top players most likely wouldn't be attracted (yet) to join us as we have to establish ourselves more on a European stage to be attracted to join as a name first, then wages.

Someone said the Liverpool - Chelsea game being a winner takes all game and I agree - though a draw lets City back in.
I think Jose has to make his mind up which cup he wants to win as I think they could win one but not both. Just hope he puts his strongest team out at Anfield.
I still think there will be one or two twists (and City f***ing up against Sunderland was a big one - cant wait to see the Mackems go down purely as it means we wont lose to them next season :lbf: - even the year we wont the league they were the only team to take points off us at Eastlands!)

I still think the Everton game will be a tough one for us, but then they messed up against Palace!

My rehashed verdict.....

Liverpool
City
Chelsea
Arse

Jukebox ''It ain't over until the fat f***er sings'' Jury

Well by all accounts it's not happening now, the FA have stopped it from going forward after people voted yes to change it or something. To be honest it doesn't matter to me as I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but a lot of people I know have petitioned to keep the old name. Now it seems they've got what they want.

Yeah, the name change is history, hopefully the Allams' will now move on and accept it. I'm also born and bred in Hull, and was also at Wembley last week and will be at the final on May 17th. If City can pressurise Arsenal from the start there could be a big shock, the gunners don't seem to handle physical matches very well. I just hope City can build on this success and become a long-term premier league outfit.

All over at the bridge a win for Sunderland.
All eyes over to Norwich tomorrow.
Chance for the mickey mousers to take a Five point lead at the top.
Great game at the bridge.
Chelsea never played like champions,Sunderland scraped and scraped.
I love footy.

It's a beautiful game indeed, but...

f*** off, ya Chelsea c***s!

Liverpool, Gerrard, Suarez, et al., EPL winners. I think I'm gonna be sick.

All over at the bridge a win for Sunderland.
All eyes over to Norwich tomorrow.
Chance for the mickey mousers to take a Five point lead at the top.
Great game at the bridge.
Chelsea never played like champions,Sunderland scraped and scraped.
I love footy.

Yes I said above there were twists to come and although after Sunderland's draw against City I shouldn't have been surprised, that was a surprise!
What may work against Liverpool is the sudden media explosion and hype and the inexperienced players may start to believe it.
A draw against Norwich and Chelsea and City could be back in it!
f***ed off about playing Monday night, seems we are always playing catch up :(

Jukebox ''Come on Delia, let's be avenue'' Jury

Back
Top Bottom