What do you all do for a living?

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
Just wondering what you all do.

Some people may not want to say I understand that but would love to see what a varied group we have.
I''ll start:
I'm a learning support assistant in a primary school, class of 4 and 5 year olds. I work with a child who has special needs.

Some people may not want to say I understand that but would love to see what a varied group we have.
I''ll start:
I'm a learning support assistant in a primary school, class of 4 and 5 year olds. I work with a child who has special needs.

Knew you were a blessing in disguise!
What are you doing here?
Either way, you are appreciated for what you do. xx

Knew you were a blessing in disguise!
What are you doing here?
Either way, you are appreciated for what you do. xx

Thank you. Its a shame you're posting under anon as don't know who is appreciating me!
What am I doing here? I love and adore Morrissey.

Thank you. Its a shame you're posting under anon as don't know who is appreciating me!
What am I doing here? I love and adore Morrissey.

You are quite welcome.
A proper meet you say you need, but the cause and the end are always the same.
A name you say you need of me. Add it to the beginning or maybe to the end of a rolling line of expletives not deleted, for I am not completed.
It is always the same. The cause and the end are always the same.
So, there you go...and why I shall never know.
(Yes, unfortunately, lack of sleep and vino are involved. And this, this, spewed forth.)
If I may, I did want to ask if you make use of music therapy where you work? I have been aware of it for years and have been reading recent research lately. I find it quite intriguing.
Do you have any thoughts on it? xx

You are quite welcome.
A proper meet you say you need, but the cause and the end are always the same.
A name you say you need of me. Add it to the beginning or maybe to the end of a rolling line of expletives not deleted, for I am not completed.
It is always the same. The cause and the end are always the same.
So, there you go...and why I shall never know.
(Yes, unfortunately, lack of sleep and vino are involved. And this, this, spewed forth.)
If I may, I did want to ask if you make use of music therapy where you work? I have been aware of it for years and have been reading recent research lately. I find it quite intriguing.
Do you have any thoughts on it? xx

We dont use music therapy per se but we use other things i.e. Art therapy etc. My thoughts on music therapy are positive. I think it works well if done properly.
The child I work with is visually impaired so we mainly work with sensory objects.
Wish you were not anon!

I''ll start:
wow, the young ones can be fun can't they? :)
as for me, come May, I will begin my 2nd year as a teacher of the English language :guitar:
its been a long journey to this profession, but I think I finally found a good fit for me :thumb:

I invent things that kill hospital bugs.

P.

My friend is a chemist like you and now works at a nuclear plant, but before that she took fancy shampoo conditioner and broke them down and reformulated the fake version for generic Costco shampoo, the kind that says "Compare to Aveda..." She said she basically took out the key expensive ingredients like aloe and jojoba and replaced it with oil and scents that smelled like aloe and jojoba. As a chemist she said imposters do NOT compare to the real thing at all as far as quality. You get what you pay for.

Was your inspiration a tennis ball? I never knew an inventor with a patent, that's so cool.

No, my inspiration was an Irish Hurling Ball, after I walked past a sports shop in Tralee, Co. Kerry. As for the personal care and conditionig stuff - it's a minefield. Smoke and mirrors. Marketing bollocks. I prefer to deal in provable facts. I have several patents, all properly science based. I'm in the middle of another one right now. Should be good.

P.

No, my inspiration was an Irish Hurling Ball, after I walked past a sports shop in Tralee, Co. Kerry. As for the personal care and conditionig stuff - it's a minefield. Smoke and mirrors. Marketing bollocks. I prefer to deal in provable facts. I have several patents, all properly science based. I'm in the middle of another one right now. Should be good.

P.

So there's no true wrinkle cream? Americans are obSESSED with wrinkles, 1/8 of the retail space of one of the higher end department stores here is dedicated to selling anti-aging cream.

I bet posting on this forum reminds you of work:lbf:

I have a special needs granddaughter and know just how much hard work and reward go hand in hand.

Me?
I'm a welder in the local car factory.
That's to say that's my job title.
I'm a time served boilermaker(ship building trade)
Although I do still do welding in the factory,because I have a large skill base I'm called upon to fill in on other jobs lots of the time.
So sometimes I might work on three or four different jobs (one at a time)over the course of my shift.
This good because car factory work is very repetitive so any change to the routine is welcomed.

Wow we do have a varied bunch here.
Lots of interesting and talented people! I love working with the little kids but it can be stressful at times :-(

Back
Top Bottom