Recommend something, anything

Check out these angels. This is why birders petition and wait years to be allowed to go into Papua, New Guinea to see them live.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are planning a trip to London, and in two minds about going to see a show, then do yourself a favour and get some tickets to this...

v2wykj.jpg

Absolutely fantastic!

Great find. Original.

Yeah, although the man behind it is quite harsh and judging it makes a lot of sense and made me think of a lot of people. It particularly made me think of an old friend of mine who always knew why he could not do this and that and also claimed to always be ill from various things. He claimed to have an alcohol problem but I just think he wanted to be one so he could blame all the things he did not do with his life on it. Reading that made me realise I was right about him all along. The only thing I can not agree with is that for some of us critical thinking is not the same as having a miserable life, it's just seeing things for what they are or how we relate to it. I've always known that the less intellectual and intelligent you are the happier you are in life and downs syndrome people is the perfect evidence ( not saying they can't be clever and smart).

Yeah, although the man behind it is quite harsh and judging it makes a lot of sense and made me think of a lot of people. It particularly made me think of an old friend of mine who always knew why he could not do this and that and also claimed to always be ill from various things. He claimed to have an alcohol problem but I just think he wanted to be one so he could blame all the things he did not do with his life on it. Reading that made me realise I was right about him all along. The only thing I can not agree with is that for some of us critical thinking is not the same as having a miserable life, it's just seeing things for what they are or how we relate to it. I've always known that the less intellectual and intelligent you are the happier you are in life and downs syndrome people is the perfect evidence ( not saying they can't be clever and smart).

i think i disagree that the more intelligent you are the less happy you are. i think it depends on the form your expectations take and how you deal with fear which doesnt always have a component of intelligence attached to it to be successful attached to defeating fear. i am who i am despite myself so fear shouldnt enter into it. fear can only help understand. same with pain

i think i disagree that the more intelligent you are the less happy you are. i think it depends on the form your expectations take and how you deal with fear which doesnt always have a component of intelligence attached to it to be successful attached to defeating fear. i am who i am despite myself so fear shouldnt enter into it. fear can only help understand. same with pain

I get what you're saying but I feel that people that have an ability to see things in a wider context tend to be intellectual and intelligent and therefor tend to perhaps become depressed about how things are. Morrissey touched on it in his interview with Larry King but chose to use the word emotional instead of intellectual or intelligent to describe the reason why he is depressed or have been for a large part of his life.

Some people who online are called white trash tend to be people who just do things without realising or taking note of others around them. For them there is no such thing as being aware of yourself or putting things in relation with other things as these people are just living on from day to day in a way that seem to make them happy.

I think there is no doubt that people who are intellectual and intelligent have a much bigger risk of ending up being depressed about a lot of things in life. On the other hand I think few if any of them would like to be the opposite as there is a worth in being able to analyse yourself and others and many other things in life.

The article touches on fear a lot and I personally do not relate to that at all but I know people who have restricted their lives out of fear of being seen in a certain way and those people are just too aware of who they are and what they look like and come across to other people.

What makes some depressed I suspect is if they dwell too much on things and thankfully I am not at all such a person as I have found that things that have happened tend to get explained later and of course I am always proved right so why bother with irritating people and ideas that dominate the general consensus now as they will all be put in their place some time in the future.

I suspect that people that fall for group pressure are way more likely to become depressed and feel cheated and lost of their own unique way of being. I have always gone my own way and through others that haven't I have realised I gained a lot from doing so and now have a freedom that many others lack. The social media online is full of people who claim that fake people are the worst and of course that comes from people being around other people a lot which will always have a negative side to it if you are not secure in who you are and always feel a need to mirror yourself in those around you.

It is so sad when people spend entire lives trying to get appreciation and have a need to "be seen" as a way to feel that they matter and exist at all. Career people are all full of fear of being someone else that they see as a loser so there is no doubt that most of the people that work do so out of fear and I think that part of the article is the best when it describes how you should imagine that you have lost all the things in your life that make up who you are to others. People need to find their authentic self again and in this day and age I think not many are in touch with that.

I get what you're saying but I feel that people that have an ability to see things in a wider context tend to be intellectual and intelligent and therefor tend to perhaps become depressed about how things are. Morrissey touched on it in his interview with Larry King but chose to use the word emotional instead of intellectual or intelligent to describe the reason why he is depressed or have been for a large part of his life.

Some people who online are called white trash tend to be people who just do things without realising or taking note of others around them. For them there is no such thing as being aware of yourself or putting things in relation with other things as these people are just living on from day to day in a way that seem to make them happy.

I think there is no doubt that people who are intellectual and intelligent have a much bigger risk of ending up being depressed about a lot of things in life. On the other hand I think few if any of them would like to be the opposite as there is a worth in being able to analyse yourself and others and many other things in life.

The article touches on fear a lot and I personally do not relate to that at all but I know people who have restricted their lives out of fear of being seen in a certain way and those people are just too aware of who they are and what they look like and come across to other people.

What makes some depressed I suspect is if they dwell too much on things and thankfully I am not at all such a person as I have found that things that have happened tend to get explained later and of course I am always proved right so why bother with irritating people and ideas that dominate the general consensus now as they will all be put in their place some time in the future.

I suspect that people that fall for group pressure are way more likely to become depressed and feel cheated and lost of their own unique way of being. I have always gone my own way and through others that haven't I have realised I gained a lot from doing so and now have a freedom that many others lack. The social media online is full of people who claim that fake people are the worst and of course that comes from people being around other people a lot which will always have a negative side to it if you are not secure in who you are and always feel a need to mirror yourself in those around you.

It is so sad when people spend entire lives trying to get appreciation and have a need to "be seen" as a way to feel that they matter and exist at all. Career people are all full of fear of being someone else that they see as a loser so there is no doubt that most of the people that work do so out of fear and I think that part of the article is the best when it describes how you should imagine that you have lost all the things in your life that make up who you are to others. People need to find their authentic self again and in this day and age I think not many are in touch with that.

I wanna respond as I like the discussion but km out and on a phone so its not easy. When I get a chance to I'll come back. I don't feel I'll be Able to expand adequitley right now in the car

Does that finally prove once and for all that psychology studies are not science based at all...

No. If anything, it does just the opposite. The study legitimates the value of social scientific research and theory.

or does it mean that group pressure can alter your preferences to the point of it even changing your true sexual orientation and if so do we need to be careful to spread views that confuse people?

Are you claiming that sexual orientation is determined solely by biological factors... that social influences such as environment and culture have no bearing? Views that confuse people? You mean education is dangerous? We should censor dangerous ideas and speech? Who decides what ideas are dangerous, btw? Hitler? Kim Jong-un? Anjem Choudary?

Have we taken the most beautiful thing from people and turned it into a fashion accessory?

No. We have removed the artificial constrictions such as stigmatization, ostracism, and imprisonment which historically restricted a person's right to choose partners and methods of sexual expression. The young are now free to express the full range of human sexual behavior.

No. If anything, it does just the opposite. The study legitimates the value of social scientific research and theory.

Are you claiming that sexual orientation is determined solely by biological factors... that social influences such as environment and culture have no bearing? Views that confuse people? You mean education is dangerous? We should censor dangerous ideas and speech? Who decides what ideas are dangerous, btw? Hitler? Kim Jong-un? Anjem Choudary?

No. We have removed the artificial constrictions such as stigmatization, ostracism, and imprisonment which historically restricted a person's right to choose partners and methods of sexual expression. The young are now free to express the full range of human sexual behavior.

Your enthusiasm does not mean that overnight psychology studies are the same as science cause it is not as everyone knows. This is based solely on views and politics from people who gain from these sort of studies that have absolutely no worth at all and will not be taken seriously by anyone in the science world.

It is clear that mostly young people today feel forced to do things they wouldn't have done had the gay agenda not been as extreme and violent as it is now. They are trying to force a new kind of sexuality down our throats and it sickens me.

We have gone from kids getting bullied about what they wear to what they prefer when it comes to sex and mostly girls are forced to do acts that may and does scar them for life. I think your need for a world that sees things your way stands in the way for you to have any sort of sense and reason. You remind me of young people thinking they have all the answers and those answers are mostly based on anger and frustration and that tends to limit the ability of the brain.

We have no problems with people living out their sexuality but because some have hijacked this issue to promote other agendas we have ended up in a situation that will back fire in future. All my gay friends feel that the more these views are promoted in media and by people who claim to have scientific backing the harder they feel their lives become. This is not something you should sit in your girl room and draw up grand plans about because this is not just a wave flaging festival.

I can appreciate studies and ideas but as long as psychology is not science then we stand and kick the dirt I'm afraid. The leaders you mention force and forced views on others just like your gay lobby does so the new dictators are those with a rainbow flag.

Your enthusiasm does not mean that overnight psychology studies are the same as science cause it is not as everyone knows. This is based solely on views and politics from people who gain from these sort of studies that have absolutely no worth at all and will not be taken seriously by anyone in the science world.

It is clear that mostly young people today feel forced to do things they wouldn't have done had the gay agenda not been as extreme and violent as it is now. They are trying to force a new kind of sexuality down our throats and it sickens me.

We have gone from kids getting bullied about what they wear to what they prefer when it comes to sex and mostly girls are forced to do acts that may and does scar them for life. I think your need for a world that sees things your way stands in the way for you to have any sort of sense and reason. You remind me of young people thinking they have all the answers and those answers are mostly based on anger and frustration and that tends to limit the ability of the brain.

We have no problems with people living out their sexuality but because some have hijacked this issue to promote other agendas we have ended up in a situation that will back fire in future. All my gay friends feel that the more these views are promoted in media and by people who claim to have scientific backing the harder they feel their lives become. This is not something you should sit in your girl room and draw up grand plans about because this is not just a wave flaging festival.

I can appreciate studies and ideas but as long as psychology is not science then we stand and kick the dirt I'm afraid. The leaders you mention force and forced views on others just like your gay lobby does so the new dictators are those with a rainbow flag.

Soon as I had sent it I realised I typed "wave flaging" instead of flag waving. Not sure such a thing exists but if it does I will let everyone know.

Soon as I had sent it I realised I typed "wave flaging" instead of flag waving. Not sure such a thing exists but if it does I will let everyone know.

I think a wave could be flagged. Say it was a large sea wave and you wanted people to be aware, some sort of buoy with a flag saying 'look out' or 'here comes a big one' would be one example.

I think Morrissey would appreciate this PSA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom