Recommend something, anything

A silly one perhaps, but an app called iGuard. You install it on your phone, arm it, and if someone picks your phone up it sets off an alarm. It appeals to the child in me, which takes up at least 80% at any given time.

A silly one perhaps, but an app called iGuard. You install it on your phone, arm it, and if someone picks your phone up it sets off an alarm. It appeals to the child in me, which takes up at least 80% at any given time.

Does it go off if you pick it up?

Last edited:
I don't know much about The Fall, I've got to get a starter album bought but was in Waterstones and picked this up. It's ace, get it in your eyes.

MarkESmith_Renegade.jpg

Doe it go off if you pick it up?

Oops, sorry, but I missed your reply. :-/

Yep. You arm it, and three seconds later it sets itself. If someone picks up your phone it sets off a piercing alarm and sets the camera flash going too. Great if you are one of those people who likes to set your phone down on a bar table, or perhaps thinks someone might be trying to check your phone.

Oops, sorry, but I missed your reply. :-/

Yep. You arm it, and three seconds later it sets itself. If someone picks up your phone it sets off a piercing alarm and sets the camera flash going too. Great if you are one of those people who likes to set your phone down on a bar table, or perhaps thinks someone might be trying to check your phone.

Oh, I meant does it go off when the OWNER picks it up? That seems like it could be a problem.

Oh, I meant does it go off when the OWNER picks it up? That seems like it could be a problem.

Ah. Yes, but you disarm it by punching in a four digit code. If it rings, you put in the code and take the call. It is really for those times you might leave it somewhere. Of course you can also use it by putting it in your bag or coat, protecting those too.

You seem as skeptical as every other female I have shown it to. ;) :lbf:

Ah. Yes, but you disarm it by punching in a four digit code. If it rings, you put in the code and take the call. It is really for those times you might leave it somewhere. Of course you can also use it by putting it in your bag or coat, protecting those too.

You seem as skeptical as every other female I have shown it to. ;) :lbf:

Yes, I am skeptical of its efficacy. I think it has the potential of giving the owner a false sense of security. :p

Yes, I am skeptical of its efficacy. I think it has the potential of giving the owner a false sense of security. :p

All I can say is I haven't lost my phone since I downloaded it. :guitar:

The fact I have never lost a mobile is neither here nor there. :)

Science.

Last edited by a moderator:
''Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity." - David Bowie, 2002.

I carry a lot of music around in my pocket, around 3,000 tracks, but often find myself listening to the same couple of hundred songs. When I fancy listening to something different it is invariably not in my lists, and then the moment is gone.

I also tend to slice up albums based on my first few listens and dump the rest for considerations of space, meaning I rarely return to the rest.

Anyway, I joined Spotify Premium. It's... amazing. I'm surprised. I tried the basic service a few years back but it seemed then to be very pop, or more likely I didn't quite understand it.

Someone on another forum mentioned JJ Cale this morning, an artist I hadn't heard for years, so a couple of clicks and a slide of the "Available Offline" button and its ready to go. This week I've gone through the first three Roxy Music albums, and done the same with The Kinks, Teenage Fanclub, Grateful Dead, several Beethoven symphonies and slightly too much Paganini. Ten quid a month.

I'm aware this is a bit like asking "Hey, have you used that Google thing yet?" but it really is a terrific service. As someone who queued up in the rain for Smiths singles and albums I still feel slightly dirty, but that will pass.

Two things:

Don't drink your calories! This stuff is as great as the full calorie version (150 cal. vs. 15).

13_full.jpg

Eat them instead!

sugar-babies.jpeg

The name says it all!

Will have to try that. This is my fave brew...

bluemoon.jpg

yuck, Budweisers attempt to be a craft brewer. Next time you go out, ask the bartender to recommend something similar but from a local brewer. You'll find some good stuff. Try the Sedona Tap House, looks like they have a good selection.

yuck, Budweisers attempt to be a craft brewer. Next time you go out, ask the bartender to recommend something similar but from a local brewer. You'll find some good stuff. Try the Sedona Tap House, looks like they have a good selection.

Oops. I had the name wrong. Tsk, tsk. My fave is Mudshark "Full Moon" (Lake Havasu, Az) on tap. Just Googled my fave watering hole's menu. Why did I think it was Blue Moon? Similar name, I guess. Admittedly I am no expert on craft beers. I like this one very much. Has a real high alcohol content.

See anything on the menu you like?

https://foursquare.com/v/rendezvous-in-old-town/4ce6df4494daa09076981b29/menu

Oops. I had the name wrong. Tsk, tsk. My fave is Mudshark "Full Moon" (Lake Havasu, Az) on tap. Just Googled my fave watering hole's menu. Why did I think it was Blue Moon? Similar name, I guess. Admittedly I am no expert on craft beers. I like this one very much. Has a real high alcohol content.

See anything on the menu you like?

https://foursquare.com/v/rendezvous-in-old-town/4ce6df4494daa09076981b29/menu

The Mudshark Desert Magic IPA looks interesting. Hard to find a good malty double IPA so probably worth a try. I like fruit beers so I'd definitely get Four Peaks Peach Ale at some point. But one of my all-time favorites is milk stout. Try the Sleepy Dog "Wet Snout" Milk Stout and see what I mean. So creamy.

Hey, when you're at a shitty restaurant and the tap options are Stella Artois and Michelob Ultra, Blue Moon ain't that bad. Keep the wilty orange, tyvm. :p

Back
Top Bottom