Martin Rossiter (Gene) on Morrissey's UKIP support in interview

In an interview with Louder Than War, when asked about Morrissey ex-Gene fromtman Martin Rossiter gave a candid and interesting answer. Really good interview about his great solo album 'The Defenestration of St Martin'

"Well, I’m mildly critical of anybody who supports Nigel Farage. And I think he got off lightly. Morrissey’s made some great records and said some very stupid things"....

Martin Rossiter Interview by Fergal Kinney - Louder Than War

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, I’m mildly critical of anybody who supports Nigel Farage."

"I’ll happily stand up and say that UKIP are a racist party and that anybody who shows any empathy for them is either deluded or racist."

That's not very mild. It's ever so slightly mental, but definitely not mild.

Also, anyone who thinks Thatcher was a moderate in comparison to Cameron need their bumps felt. I lived through those times and Cameron is a pussycat in comparison.

Great album though.

As to Rossiter's commentary, I would like to point out that Moz has said many intelligent things, such as: "Meat is Murder."

You know, I was just about to purchase Rossiter's album because I won a $100 iTunes gift card (the days of buying music with out of pocket expenses are long past.) But I am quite turned off by Rossiter suggesting that our hero is a raci$t, so I won't purchase the album. Instead I'll buy more Moz b-sides. I just recently bought "Shame is the Name," which is AMAZING. Shame makes the world go round; how right Moz is as usual.

"Well, I’m mildly critical of anybody who supports Nigel Farage."

"I’ll happily stand up and say that UKIP are a racist party and that anybody who shows any empathy for them is either deluded or racist."

That's not very mild. It's ever so slightly mental, but definitely not mild.

Also, anyone who thinks Thatcher was a moderate in comparison to Cameron need their bumps felt. I lived through those times and Cameron is a pussycat in comparison.

Great album though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom