SF show @ Davies Symphony Hall CANCELLED according to Ticketmaster

I got this too, and it FREAKING SUCKS! I've lost track of how many Bay Area shows have been cancelled on me over the last 5 years, at least 4-5 shows. What is very irritating is that another SF show was opened after his original booking of SF, but I didn't get tickets to that one because I had seats to the first show. NOW the first show is cancelled, but the second SF show is apparently still a go. Oh, the irony!!! I do have Davis tickets, please please please play that one Mozza.

I just received a phone call from Ticketmaster stating that the show has been cancelled & my ticket charge automatically refunded. So I'm assuming there will be no new date for this show. Let's hope he still makes it to the show at the Regency.

The following is the email I also received:

Attention ticket holder!

Message sent on behalf of Morrissey/Davies Symphony Hall/Another Planet Entertainment:

Morrissey
Davies Symphony Hall
Sunday, February 24th at 8PM

Dear Valued Fan,

The Morrissey concert scheduled for February 24th at Davies Symphony Hall has been cancelled due to medical reasons. For your convenience, we’ve automatically refunded your order, including fees, (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable), which will appear on your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

Morrissey thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road in the future.

If you received tickets via our Ticket Transfer program, this email serves only as notification of the event cancellation. As you did not purchase the tickets from Ticketmaster, you will not receive a refund.

If you sent tickets to someone via our Ticket Transfer program, please be advised we have notified the current ticket holder of the event cancellation. All tickets are being returned to your account and the refund information posted above applies.

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!
Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Last edited:
Guess his fans are willing to put up with the endless cancelations. The venues, not so much.

I received this inevitable email and was not surprised, but seriously unhappy. I don't see Mozziah rescheduling at Davies Hall since the Spring/Summer symphony series is booked and there is no room for his show to be rescheduled for a third time. I will venture to say that he will either retire altogether or if he does reshedule it will be back at the Paramount in Oakland. Let's hope he reschedules. I prefer to see him perform at either The Warfield or pray tell "Mountain Winery" That would be too cool. Morrissey likes to perform in old theatres. My anger and frustration has turned into acceptance and appreciation of the man I call Mozziah. I will turn on my personal compilation and just continue to accept and appreciate his holiness, and the cancellation of shows. I like when he cancels the day of the show.

Dear Valued Fan,

What a bloody palava!
dontgetit.gif
Still ill?

slocheadpussy.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so this is what? 5th, 6th, 7th Morrissey show rescheduled-cancelled in San Francisco in the last 3 years? This SF show gets cancelled and now there's a sold-out show at the Regency Ballroom that tickets to the previously cancelled SF show aren't honored at? This is the payback for patiently waiting 3 years for this to happen? I call bullshit.

...and next we'll see pictures of him strolling out of a Moby concert or some crap, wearing a 4-H Club T-shirt and the drooling throngs will want to know where can they get one.

OK, so this is what? 5th, 6th, 7th Morrissey show rescheduled-cancelled in San Francisco in the last 3 years? This SF show gets cancelled and now there's a sold-out show at the Regency Ballroom that tickets to the previously cancelled SF show aren't honored at? This is the payback for patiently waiting 3 years for this to happen? I call bullshit.

no, it's payback for you being an idiot

Do you people think it so simple to reschedule a tour; coordinating one the first time round is a science, let alone trying to back fill and refill.

Do you people think it so simple to reschedule a tour; coordinating one the first time round is a science, let alone trying to back fill and refill.

Do you think it's so simple to buy tickets for EIGHT different shows over the years, coordinating vacation days, putting deposits down on hotel rooms only to lose a shitload of money every time? Cancelling once or twice is understandable, but when a real-life reason to cancel arises after so many ridiculous excuses over the years it's completely understandable for people to start getting pissed.

Hearing Americans complain about canceled Morrissey gigs is like fat people complaining about their hunger.

- marred.

Oh, give over! 24 FEB is the DAYTONA 500. I FULLY expect to see him on the Jumbo Tron watching the race (again, picture Ferris Beuller on the TV watching the baseball game!)! There's no way he could make it back from Daytona and sing at 8 pm! There will be a nice blog to follow and lovely pictures of him strolling about Pit Road.

Be funny if he were to get up and sing The National Anthem.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom