Manchester This Saturday

D

dirk mcnasty

I'm fairly new to Manchester, so can someone recommend somewhere decent to go. Are there any good bars/clubs that play Morrissey or The Strokes or stuff like that?

> I'm fairly new to Manchester, so can someone recommend somewhere decent to
> go. Are there any good bars/clubs that play Morrissey or The Strokes or
> stuff like that?

No there aren't.

What about the Convenience on Oxford R/d? Is it still open? That has a really cool jukebox with plenty of Smiths and Manchester music. It stinks like a toilet though - as that's what it used to be. Top pint of Guiness as well.

JB

Hmmm. Is there anywhere decent to go, then? Where does anyone recommend. I went to Cord last week and I liked it, but it was quite small and cliquey. Doesn't Mike Joyce own a bar somewhere?

Its simply caled "The Temple" now ( look for steps down to old toilet, across the road from Pizza Hut on Oxford Street ). When I was in there about 2 weeks ago the jukebox has been changed considerably. Still has Strokes, but I think Moz/Smiths removed ( wouldn't bet my life on that though ). Also has Mr Bloe and a few other nuggets on.

Manchesters most famous jukebox is in Corbieres, but you will never find it if you dont know the city. My advise is to make your way to the Royal Exchange theatre and ask directions. From there you can walk to the Temple ( because you will soon get sick of the Saturday crowd in Corbieres playing non stop Stone Roses and shitty Charletans on permanent rotation).

Have fun, but beware you may just bump into me ( not a pretty sight !!)

Back
Top Bottom