Do you have Morrissey memorabilia ?

I have spent my 40yrs on this planet hoping to obtain a piece of memorabilia to treasure – just one object to bring me pleasure. But, not the memorabilia of ‘some person or any event’, but memorabilia from one person and one person only - Morrissey. And I was successful. I have on display , Morrissey’s shirt from the Liverpool Empire concert in 2009, as seen on BBC1 Inside Out 19/11/2012. – The shirt means everything to me. I am putting together a book on Morrissey Memorabilia – what it means to the fans and how these items are invaluable and an important part of our ever changing lives. I would like to ask the Mozarmy for input. Do you have Morrissey memorabilia, what is the story behind your memorabilia, what does it mean to you? How did you get it, would you sell it? Have you lost it - did you find it again? Is it on display, where, in what room, why that room, is it the focus point of the room? Do you cherish it, sleep with it, travel with it and show the world it? Do you gladly tell people you have it in your possession? Is it a tambourine, a disc, a flower from his pocket, a drumstick, two drumsticks, a signed beermat, a tattoo of Morrissey’s autograph? Is it a set list, a signed T-shirt, a signed concert ticket, a personal photograph or a plec? Has it faded or jaded? Did it cause a family rift? Has it been sorted, how was it sorted, do you share it, did you cut it in half? Did it join you on your wedding day, or does it cause rifts in the marital home! (Also, if you don’t have any items – have you created your home into a shrine to Morrissey, what does it mean to you, what does your collection mean to you?). Whatever it is, Morrissey memorabilia will have a story and this story maybe old but it should go on. Your memorabilia will have a unique interesting story – because it’s your interesting story and Morrissey is unique. If you have Morrissey memorabilia, submit your stories, with pictures to [email protected]

These are pieces of Morrissey, together we can rebuild him, because we love him, I look forward to hearing from you.

M F Jacobson

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a scrap of gold shirt at Sheffield City Hall in 1992. I took it into my Sociology A Level exam as a good luck charm and somehow lost the piece of shirt during the exam and failed the exam to boot (I got a U - mostly cos I was doing Sociology at a night class which was on the same night as Wakefield's 10p a pint night...where would you rather have gone at 17?!)

I got a scrap of gold shirt at Sheffield City Hall in 1992. I took it into my Sociology A Level exam as a good luck charm and somehow lost the piece of shirt during the exam and failed the exam to boot (I got a U - mostly cos I was doing Sociology at a night class which was on the same night as Wakefield's 10p a pint night...where would you rather have gone at 17?!)

get in touch with morrisseymemorabilia - thats a different twist !!!!

a shred of pink shirt (Genoa, 8-11-12). I'm not interested in memorabilia at all, but his shirt fell just on me...a guy beside me took it from me very violently and hurt me, he was very big, I am very tiny so I gave up. At the end of the gig I told him 'hey, my shoulder aches...you should give me a little fragment at least as a reparation' and he did. So I had my relic

contact morrisseymemorabilia
- that sounds great

Great idea !!! we all love memorabilia so why not celebrate it .....great feature on the Inside out link.....

get in touch with morrisseymemorabilia - thats a different twist !!!!

I have got the original leather passenger seat from the song this charming man and also a photo of me and Morrissey on a field trip at Belmont Rivington

I have a complete piece of the collar of his shirt he tossed to the crowd at a concert in Santa Barbara almost 10 years ago. I had to tug-o-war 3 people for it.
contact morrisseymemorabilia with more info.....

a shred of pink shirt (Genoa, 8-11-12). I'm not interested in memorabilia at all, but his shirt fell just on me...a guy beside me took it from me very violently and hurt me, he was very big, I am very tiny so I gave up. At the end of the gig I told him 'hey, my shoulder aches...you should give me a little fragment at least as a reparation' and he did. So I had my relic
......contact [email protected]

Hi I have a massive collection on Morrissey memorobilia dating from the start... cd's unopened rare copies, signed authentic photo, tickets framed from concerts, t shirts, books, calendars, nme articles, music articles....so much more please contact me for details, email [email protected]

Della

i have a brilliant photo of moz taken by me right before a show that took place in Boise, Id. of all places. (5 feb, 2000) i saw boz and gary day crossing a street in downtown boise the day of the show. they had visited a record shop near the hotel they all were staying at. i met boz, gary, alain, and then moz as they were boarding the coach. when moz approached the bus, i was the only one there! i handed him a small book of childrens poetry by oscar wilde as a welcome gift, and he was kind enough to pose for a photo. its perfect. later at the show, i was dead center right in front of him and just as he was ready to throw his blue 'west ham boys club' t-shirt into the crowd, i swear he looked right at me and literally handed it to me. before i could 'protect it', bits and pieces were torn off, but i walked away with most of it. over the years i have given small pieces to true moz fans, and the rest i made a large letter M, which i sewed onto my 'morrissey jacket'. im happy to make prints of the photo to anyone who truly wants one. email me at: [email protected] -cheers everyone

Has anyone got a tambourine, remember he used to throw them in the crowd early 90's round about the Arsenal tour, my mate got one and halved it with another manic fan. One came on eBay years back and always regretted not getting it.

I was at his 91 gig in the Liverpool empire and I saw him throw the tambourine into the crowd. Years later I saw it come up on Ebay and desperately wanted it. I missed out to someone called David Tseng.

M8dFQZZ.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom