The new Photography thread

Warwick Castle...

23i6ja1.jpg

28ahn3l.jpg

And just across the road...

2588kuv.jpg

Last edited:
Sitges, south of Barcelona, as the sun comes up, a couple of days ago.

JNYZqqP.jpg
I know Sitges well, sorry to say that is one depressing photo. They say a good picture is taken by a photographer who cares for his subject. I guess you didn't get Sitges?? Sozz

Looking up, downtown, San Jose CA

rh7nsi.jpg

^^ Thanks Peter. Some very nice shots on this thread, I don't know how to do this multiple quote thing, so forgive me for just replying in this way. Keep 'em coming. ^^

I must get me a camera instead of a phone. You are putting us all to shame.

Oh....good pic. :thumb:

I am in awe as well when I see his photos. I do like all the photos that people post here as I like to look at what they saw. In regards to photos and particularly mozmal's, it's not so much as what I see in the photo, it's the experience that the photo represents. The elements we know are outside the four corners of the flattened frame. Things like the temperature and dress, the light of day or night, the hike to get there, the nature sounds, the wind. I feel those things in photos.

Its not just mozmal's, his are very perfect and I like them, a lot. I think that you put up very good photos of your hikes and travels. I think it's hard to fake an experience with a photo. The people who post them show you what they see. And in that case, thank you to you and mozmal for allowing us to see it.

Edit - sorry, IR that castle was awesome.

Last edited:
I am finding it very interesting to match what you can see with what can be captured. Here I was playing with how the back light can flatten the texture of an object in the shadows. I know there is a filter that can limit the bright light so I can open the shutter longer to bring out the texture. I'm just not there yet and just really trying to know why it captures it the way it does.

Mile rock beach, San Francisco

opaj4m.jpg

Last edited:
This is with me just letting the shutter open for a little longer to see how it will affect the water.

Mile rock beach, San Francisco. You can see the Golden Gate Bridge in the back starting to fade into the haze.

2wf39f6.jpg

This is with me just letting the shutter open for a little longer to see how it will affect the water.

Mile rock beach, San Francisco. You can see the Golden Gate Bridge in the back starting to fade into the haze.

2wf39f6.jpg

Very nice.

2wf39f6.jpg

Very nice No1uno, I like the feeling of movement you've created with the tide. Would love to visit a location like this. Keep 'em coming.

Field of sheeps, looking toward Hebden Bridge from above Stanbury, taken while enjoying the sunny Pennine hills this morning. The path you can see is an old pack-horse route named Bodkin Lane.

PgSkYq5.jpg

Field of sheeps, looking toward Hebden Bridge from above Stanbury, taken while enjoying the sunny Pennine hills this morning. The path you can see is an old pack-horse route named Bodkin Lane.

PgSkYq5.jpg
An estate agent told me since the floods Hebden Bridge is (using your often used eloquent description) totally f***ed. What say you?

An estate agent told me since the floods Hebden Bridge is (using your often used eloquent description) totally f***ed. What say you?

Well it's alive. The issue is the housing market. No one will buy. We were looking to move into the valley in the region of Todmorden, but the floods put an end to that. The main problem is the burning of the upper moorlands, especially around Walshaw. The landowner razes the ground, and a lot of the water-retaining capabilities are gone. There's a big discussion on this at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom