Johnny Marr with Dinosaur Jr playing "The Boy With The Thorn..."; other news

Re: Johnny Marr with Dinosaur Jr playing "The boy with the thorn..." and "The Wagon"

Dinosaur Jr? Seriously? I suppose it is his own (half)legacy to piss on, so who am I to judge, other than a human with a fully functioning sense of hearing? And hey, at least J. Mascis sure ain't no crooner...:rolleyes:

Re: Johnny Marr with Dinosaur Jr playing "The boy with the thorn..." and "The Wagon"

Dinosaur Jr have influenced tons of bands in the last twenty years. They're not my cup of tea but it's very cool they're fans of The Smiths and it's great to see Johnny playing with them even if J. Mascis is quite out of tune in that performance of "The boy..."

Your'e Living All Over Me 25th Anniversary Show - Terminal 5, NYC 12.01.12

See also:

Posted by Black Eyed:

Johnny a guest on BBC radio2 Thurs 6th Dec
Just heard an advert on BBC Radio 2 for a forthcoming 'in concert' with the Pet Shop Boys on Thursday featuring the BBC orchestra. It mentioned that Johnny Marr was going to be a guest.

Posted by Bluebirds:

Johnny Marr announces UK tour Mar 2013
http://www.facebook.com/JohnnyMarrOfficial?refid=54

Kicking off in Oxford Mar 10th, finishing in Manchester 22nd.

Tix on sale this Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Spectacularly bad.

The Dinosaur JR singer reminds me of the scientist in the movie Independence Day. The one the alien jacks up in the end.

Besides being unlistenable, that band feels like the antithesis of everything Johnny Marr is about: Marshalls stacked to the ceiling, distorted to oblivion, loud for the sake of being loud, sloppy...

Last edited:
Marshalls stacked to the ceiling

I think you are missing the point of Dinosaur JR. J Mascis is the biggest anti-rock star that ever was. His cover version are suspect I agree but everyone he covers gives him kudos. That includes Robert Smith.

I love Dino Jr. and I love Marr! Rock on!

That was tuff on the ears but it could have been the recording of the performance that was bad. Without Johnny playing it would have been hard to even decipher it without the lyrics .
J Mascis does a much better non-electric version of this song . Just click it after Dino Jrs song ends. They are really not that bad of a group and at times popular on the indy circuit here in the USA .

Dinosaur Jr? Seriously? I suppose it is his own (half)legacy to piss on, so who am I to judge, other than a human with a fully functioning sense of hearing? And hey, at least J. Mascis sure ain't no crooner...:rolleyes:

...bolstering further my theory that the opinion you're entitled to is absolutely worthless.

This was just dire. Sorry. With Marr and Mascis I would have expected better, much better. Maybe it was just thrown together at the last minute for fun? Maybe it's just a terrible recording than it is a performance? If either is the case, then I absolve them both.

This has to be the understatement of the century (perhaps not) ... " They are really not that bad of a group and at times popular on the indy circuit here in the USA". Dinosaur Jr is a seminal band of its time and widely acknowledged as such throughout the world - it influence is not limited to some US indie circuit. Next we'll be hearing that The Velvet Underground found fame as part of the Exploding Plastic Inevitable.

The Smiths' influence touches people from all walks of life, all forms of the arts. It has and will always been thus.

...bolstering further my theory that the opinion you're entitled to is absolutely worthless.

Nicely put.
And it's sweet that you have a 'theory' about me.

Johnny doing well,sounds OK.

Announce a 2013 tour

Look out what he plays on his special guest on the Pet Shop Boys gig

Johnny Marr

never being boring:guitar:

Last edited:

Says the guy who makes the same statement about Morrissey and Jesse. :crazy:

Says the guy who makes the same statement about Morrissey and Jesse. :crazy:

You're an interesting character, you know that?

You have no problem asking for help from me and sending me polite PMs when trying to add to your bootleg collection, so that you can further cement your ass to the throne of the make-believe audio kingdom that you are constantly spamming here.

Then, when you've gotten what you've asked for, you become a totally different person and lob these very vaguely shitty asides in my direction every time I express an opinion you don't think is acceptable. You seem to find great annoyance in the remarks I've made about Jesse; let me spell it out for you that no, I don't like Tobias, and that's that. You like him? Fine. But be a goddamn man and stop bitching every time I or anyone else says something negative, or something that thin-skinned little you perceives to be negative.

Don't like gay jokes or anti-Tobias remarks? You think I'm an asshole? Boo-hoo. If you had anything that resembled pride you'd at least be consistent in your disdain for me and not ask for f***ing help whenever it suits your purpose.

Hey folks, do you see that legendary Dale Crover of The Melvins is behind the drumkit? Imagine Crover and Marr on the same stage, that should be enough to create a tent in anyones pants!

Re: Article: Johnny Marr with Dinosaur Jr playing "The Boy With The Thorn..."; other

Just look at that wall of amps. All other bands please take note - this is how to do it. Ahhhhh!

Re: Article: Johnny Marr with Dinosaur Jr playing "The Boy With The Thorn..."; other

The drummer doesn't have a clue.

He's the guy principally responsible for raping that song (the bassist isn't much help either).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom