Boz's new solo album 'Some of the Parts' - any good?

Maurice E

I've not spent much time round here recently so don't know if this has been discussed (tried a quick search).
Anyone got it? Read any reviews? Of some interest, surely, as a few of the songs' demos may presumably have made a Morrissey album.
I saw it in HMV today. Makes a mockery of the Morrissey non-album situation, really, when Boz can get a new album into mainstream shops on a fraction of Morrissey's CD sales.

Definitely wasn't the greatest review I've ever read but nonetheless thanks Cat's Mum ...

Eh? My reviewing skills are second to none, I'll have you know! Especially when I'm half-dead and doped up with Lemsip. I was relieved to read that the weirdo track I described (entitled "of Hooves")was indeed meant to be taken that way. It's quite a fun listen overall and more of a mixed bag of styles than Boz's previous album releases. If I have an overriding criticism, it's that Boz plays all his aces too early in the tracklisting, the latter half of the album being overly given to novelty items. James Maker's vocals on "Saunders Ferry Lane" are delicious, btw.

Eh? My reviewing skills are second to none, I'll have you know! Especially when I'm half-dead and doped up with Lemsip. I was relieved to read that the weirdo track I described (entitled "of Hooves")was indeed meant to be taken that way. It's quite a fun listen overall and more of a mixed bag of styles than Boz's previous album releases. If I have an overriding criticism, it's that Boz plays all his aces too early in the tracklisting, the latter half of the album being overly given to novelty items. James Maker's vocals on "Saunders Ferry Lane" are delicious, btw.

If I'd known it was your own review , I probably would have groped about for a few more euphemisms than I did ...:blushing:

If I'd known it was your own review , I probably would have groped about for a few more euphemisms than I did ...:blushing:

Heh! I'd assumed everyone knew who I was on both sites. Have you listened the the album, btw? Is it just me singing "A good Year for the Roses" along to "Sunday Morning Coming Down"? Can't be arsed to look up which was written first, but someone was being bloody cheeky.

Heh! I'd assumed everyone knew who I was on both sites. Have you listened the the album, btw? Is it just me singing "A good Year for the Roses" along to "Sunday Morning Coming Down"? Can't be arsed to look up which was written first, but someone was being bloody cheeky.

I've been duffed up before by MozRecording for not recognising who was who over there ... and , no , I haven't heard it ...

But what if you get bored again? You could have a few seconds' diversion peeling the plastic off the cover of the cd before not playing it.

This is very true, anything to relief the boredom that is my life. I suppose I could even do some actual work, but then again I'm not that bored!

Back
Top Bottom