Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - TTY

Press release: Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - true-to-you.net

11 November 2012

It's rare these days to see a hyper-literate artist succeed as an over-the-top entertainer.
His band is top-notch.

- Billboard

Morrissey Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
Including Additional Cities

After nine shows in the Northeast this fall, Morrissey will continue his North American tour beginning in Greenvale, Long Island, NY, on January 9th and ending in Portland, Ore., on March 8th. The 32-city tour includes a date at the Staples Center with special guests Patti Smith and her band, as well as his first performance at Brooklyn Academy of Music in NYC. As always, Morrissey will perform greatest hits from his legendary catalog as well as new unreleased songs. Tickets for the rescheduled dates will go on sale on Monday, November 12th. Tickets for the added dates will go on sale on Friday, November 16th. Consult your local ticket outlet for more information. Any dates not rescheduled have been omitted due to lack of venue availability.

Morrissey is recognized as one of the most prominent artists of his generation and is an idol for people around the world. Pitchfork has called him "one of the most singular figures in Western popular culture from the last twenty years." Morrissey's influence can be seen and felt throughout the music of countless artists who have noted him as their inspiration.

Morrissey 2013 North American Tour Dates

1/9 Greenvale, NY @ Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
1/11 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
1/12 Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues Atlantic City
1/16 North Bethesda, MD @ Strathmore
1/18 Reading, PA @ Sovereign Performing Arts Center
1/19 Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre
1/21 Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Hall
1/22 Columbus. OH @ LC Indoor Pavilion
1/24 Flint, MI @ The Whiting
1/25 Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
1/26 Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater
1/28 Asheville, NC @ Orange Peel
1/29 Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
1/31 Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center for the Performing Arts
2/2 Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
2/5 Clear Lake, IA @ Surf Ballroom
2/6 Lincoln, NE @ Rococo Theatre
2/9 Las Vegas, NV @ The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
2/10 Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
2/12 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
2/13 Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
2/15 Pharr, TX @ Pharr Events Center
2/16 Beaumont, TX @ Jefferson Theater
2/18 Dallas, TX @ Palladium
2/21 Denver, CO @ Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
2/22 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kingsbury Hall
2/24 San Francisco, CA @ Davies Symphony Hall
3/1 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
3/2 Sparks, NV @ John Ascuaga's Nugget - Rose Ballroom
3/4 Davis, CA @ Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis
3/6 Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
3/8 Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Patti Smith and her band will be special guests at the Staples Center show. Kristeen Young will open on all nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
but will johnny be onstage for the final show in portland, oregon?

Why the quotes from Billboard and Pitchfork? :squiffy: Surely anybody looking at tour dates already knows who he is!

brooklyn, NY!!!!! i'll be there!!!!! the year can't start better!!!! one more time i'll be in front of my inspiration, see you on 1/11 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Academy of Music

Why the quotes from Billboard and Pitchfork? :squiffy: Surely anybody looking at tour dates already knows who he is!

It's a Susan Blonde-styled press release. Such quotes are not an uncommon thing to do in these instances, it's just that we've never really seen them from the Morrissey camp.

Band top notch? Seriously, they are horrible. I can't sleep at night knowing the greatest singer in the World has such a bunch of hacks supporting him. The only person worth mentioning is Boz and he does not even try anymore.

Band top notch? Seriously, they are horrible. I can't sleep at night knowing the greatest singer in the World has such a bunch of hacks supporting him. The only person worth mentioning is Boz and he does not even try anymore.

keep-calm-and-chill-bro-4.png

FINALLY! thank u for adding Patti SMITH!!!

Me 2! :)

What an evening that will be!
Morrissey live in concert!
Kristeen young live in concert!
Patti smith live in concert!
3 stars for the price of one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I just KNEW morrissey and kristeen would be good friends with patti smith - the outspoken punk princcess herself - just knew it! :)
I bet they all hang out 2gether and have a few drinks ect!
Reckon kristeen is a bacardi and coke kinds gal, patti smiths posion being a vodka and coke, and morrissey probably a red wine man or pint of larger!
Wouldnt it be wonderfull 2 meet them all in a bar!
And then "MIDNITE" would walk in and they would all smile warmly at me and we would exchange hugs and then share a few laughs and giggles! LOL :) and chat away till the early hours of the morning!
But I just wouldnt know which one 2 talk with the most !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :) ;)

Ive a feeling tho that me kristeen would just "click" :)

Three nights in a row... been years since he has done that.

sucks he's apparently cutting one of the previously scheduled shows in WA state. now to see if i get a refund.

Three nights in a row... been years since he has done that.

Funny how he'll do three night in a row to play in Chicago but he has no problem f***ing the people of the northwest over by cancelling the Bellingham Washington show. I contacted the venue in Bellingham this afternoon and they confirmed they have nothing confirmed on either side of the Seattle show. As is so often the case Morrissey is not telling the truth.

Staples center website says keep tickets as they are valid, yet the update fromTTY says tix will be on sale for postponed shows hmmmm?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom