REQ: 8/7/2002 - Phoenix, AZ Celebrity Theatre Bootleg

Dear friends,

Used to have this (my favorite bootleg from over the years...)

My HD storage piece finally gave out, and didn't get a chance to grab this and other shows needed.

Anyone have this and willing to upload again? Thank you!

interesting. i have three different recordings of this show and on each one, Hairdresser On Fire, is missing and on each theres two copies of first of the gang to die.
does anyone else have it with hairdresser?

id like to put up the correct show instead of one with the some omitted

p.s. this show was on the 9th not the 7th

Ahh -

Interestingly, the version I had did indeed include Hairdresser.

I'll take the other one until a full show gets listed! :)

Thanks for the reply...

I'd easily list this with his best bootlegs. Not strictly the best recording in the world but certainly not bad by any means, and the historic aspect of the show, and the obvious energy and enthusiasm he and the band felt, are just overwhelming. And you can really feel the crowd going insane over EVERY song; they were so glad to see him.

Plus there's the rock version of Please Please Please and the one-time-only performance of At Amber...the debut of Crashing Bores and Mexico and First Of The Gang...the awesomely re-worked Jack the Ripper...the solo debut of There Is A Light...

It's worth the price of admission just to hear the audience collectively shit themselves when he plays (for the first time since 1986) I Want The One I Can't Have...having been introduced with the line "This song comes after...I forget."

So many highlights packed into an hour and a half.

Great, great night in his personal and public history.

Back
Top Bottom