Quotes

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Audrey Hepburn

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Audrey Hepburn

Yeah, of course Audrey..

She watched as a beer truck lumbered by with a clink of quivering warm, wet promises...

William Peter Blatty,*The Exorcist

“Love is a serious mental disease.” and "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle"

Both by Plato

Yeah, I know. Here's another similar quote...."Be not too hard, for life is short and nothing is given to man" Donovan

The important thing is not who said it but is it worth anything and can it help.:)

Good point.

Yeah, I know. Here's another similar quote...."Be not too hard, for life is short and nothing is given to man" Donovan

The important thing is not who said it but is it worth anything and can it help.:)[/QUOTE]

So true. I actually posted the Maclaren quote, after reading the Plato quote you posted, but then read your back & forth with CG about this and deleted my post. Anyway, here's the Ian Maclaren quote I'm familiar with and the one I love.... "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." I'm not sure if these are the exact words Mr. Maclaren used but I think this quote is true and exceptional, all the same.

Ian.jpg

Ian Maclaren, 1899.

The important thing is not who said it but is it worth anything and can it help.:)[/QUOTE]

So true. I actually posted the Maclaren quote, after reading the Plato quote you posted, but then read your back & forth with CG about this and deleted my post. Anyway, here's the Ian Maclaren quote I'm familiar with and the one I love.... "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." I'm not sure if these are the exact words Mr. Maclaren used but I think this quote is true and exceptional, all the same.

View attachment 33723

Ian Maclaren, 1899.

very true.

"The creative person should have no other biography than his works.”

B. Traven..author of the "Death Ship" and "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

I always liked this quote. Artists' lives tend to disappoint. It's the art that counts and should matter more than what is said away from the stage.

hmm on a whim i decided to google hepburn and kissing with other words from the moz song kiss me a lot and surprisingly many showed up. she gets kissed on bastille day and the by the tomb (this came up when i typed mousilium) of king james and in the backyard (which is in the title of one of her movies, bluebirds something in the backyard). i of course cant say some inspiration came from her but the quote is interestingly close to the title and there are some peripheral connections that could make a case for it maybe. hmm

sorry blue birds in the back yard was someone else but hepburn did get married in the backyard which brings to mind who cares what the weddings like dont frett, i only that thye two of us are there. connections are funny and i still think adept could make a good video with those clips and pics.

anyway the quote..

"in the seventeenth century, it is said, there was a disassociation of sensibility. the poets could no longer think and feel at the same time. shakespeare could do it, the metaphysicals could do it, they could write brainily about feeling and sex. but it went. the poets could no longer naturally think and feel at the same time."

amis-

i wonder if that amis quote is a reference to compartmentalization and rationalization in literature and ethics in general in the face of new possibilities

" Perhaps she was what she was because...

I am what I am,

We ought to be very careful, Phile...

'cause we make one another."

-Baines (as portrayed by Ralph Richardson) in "The Fallen Idol" (1948).

Back
Top Bottom