Quotes

realitybites

making lemonade
“May I propose a Herzog dictum? Those who read own the world, and those who watch television lose it. ”
― Werner Herzog

tumblr_maz86kCNFM1qedzbdo1_500.jpg

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Boxer Tony Galento

62323d1163688272-fighters-debuting-1920-1929-galento_tony-28alt-29.jpg

It seems the world is divided into good and bad people.
The good ones sleep better at night, while the bad ones seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
Woody Allen

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
Woody Allen

Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television.
Woody Allen

Most of the time I don't have much fun.
The rest of the time I don't have any fun at all.
Woody Allen

Love is like a fart. If you have to force it, it is probably shit.

"When women stop carrying mirrors with them everyplace they go, maybe then they can talk to me about liberation."

-Charles Bukowski

"When women stop carrying mirrors with them everyplace they go, maybe then they can talk to me about liberation."

-Charles Bukowski

I don't own any mirrors. The one in my bathroom belongs to the owner of my building. Oh wait, there are the mirrors of my car. But I don't take them with me everywhere I go. Sometimes I take the bus. OK, that's a lie. I never ride the bus. But sometimes I walk. Er-mm. That is a lie too. OK, forget it. You win. :squiffy:

I don't own any mirrors. The one in my bathroom belongs to the owner of my building. Oh wait, there are the mirrors of my car. But I don't take them with me everywhere I go. Sometimes I take the bus. OK, that's a lie. I never ride the bus. But sometimes I walk. Er-mm. That is a lie too. OK, forget it. You win. :squiffy:

Nobody "wins." It's a quotes thread, not an apologize-for-yourself-every-time-something-hits-too-close-to-home-thread.

What f*cking iceberg are you posting from? Geez.

I offered a random quote from Bukowski about the irony of women libbers who carry mirrors around with them everywhere. The post was (largely) contextual and from the 1970s.

You immediately responded by taking it personally and explaining how you don't carry a mirror around everywhere.

I said you don't need to apologize for yourself or justify your lifestyle.

You then apologized for your apology by saying you had only been joking.

I said it was not a matter to lose sleep over.

You accused me of being cold.

Makes sense to me.

I offered a random quote from Bukowski about the irony of women libbers who carry mirrors around with them everywhere. The post was (largely) contextual and from the 1970s.

You immediately responded by taking it personally and explaining how you don't carry a mirror around everywhere.

I said you don't need to apologize for yourself or justify your lifestyle.

You then apologized for your apology by saying you had only been joking.

I said it was not a matter to lose sleep over.

You accused me of being cold.

Makes sense to me.

In reverse...

Your reply was colder than your typical response to me has been in the near past. It felt less than friendly.

I never took the quote personally. I am not vain. And I was making a joke. Or was trying to. I was not trying to defend feminists with compacts.

"How perfectly goddamned delightful it all is, to be sure."

-Charles Crumb

From last night's Gossip Girl season six, episode one...

8072546377_357374d9d6_n.jpg

Blair Waldorf: The only thing you were supposed to be doing is getting between that man and his cloth.

8072546033_313daa110f_n.jpg

Georgina Sparks: He’s Protestant. I do my best work with Catholics.

8072539038_ecaeb6fa7e_n.jpg

Chuck Bass: Thank God I’m an atheist.

“The only obsession everyone wants: 'love.' People think that in falling in love they make themselves whole? The Platonic union of souls? I think otherwise. I think you're whole before you begin. And the love fractures you. You're whole, and then you're cracked open.”

Philip Roth

Back
Top Bottom