Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Radcliffe and Maconie

UPDATE 5:30PM PT:

Response from Morrissey's rep:

'The Smiths will NEVER get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors - HitFix

This is what was just said on Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC6Music. The claim is that the next Coachella festival is to be meat free and 3 of the 4 Smiths will be playing there together.
The 1 missing was not named. You can listen to it online on BBc I-player, after 4 0 clock today when the show ends.
I hope it's true.

Other rumors at Holy Moly! (link posted by ToDieByYourSide):

The Smiths will reform in 2013 - confirmed by several sources with rumour of Glastonbury - Holy Moly!

Excerpt:

We’ve now heard from several credible sources that The Smiths have agreed to reform in 2013 for four UK shows. And despite such rumours turning out to be total balls in the past, this one has enough weight to it that we’re prepared to call it confirmed, and hang the consequences.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival

We’ve now heard from several credible sources that The Smiths have agreed to reform in 2013 for four UK shows. And despite such rumours turning out to be total balls in the past, this one has enough weight to it that we’re prepared to call it confirmed, and hang the consequences.

Read the whole story on Holy Moly! http://www.holymoly.com/music/news/...sources-rumour-glastonbury64478#ixzz283mIFpdi
The best celebrity gossip site in the world.

http://www.holymoly.com/music/news/...irmed-several-sources-rumour-glastonbury64478

Re: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival

I'll never believe it until Morrissey utters the magic words himself

3 of the 4.. Johnny, Andy, Mike.

ZZZZzzzzz....

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival according to Radclif

I'm patiently waiting for iPlayer to listen what they said.

If Johnny, Andy and Mike agreed to play Coachella in 2013, Morrissey won't allow them to use The Smiths.

The Smiths is a partnership of Morrissey and Johnny.

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival according to Radclif

3 of the 4.. Johnny, Andy, Mike.

ZZZZzzzzz....

Lol. Johnny, Andy, Mike and Jose Maldonado. :p

When it comes up it's about 30 minutes from the end of the show. It was from a regular guest gossip slot, but they discussed it and did seem to take it seriously. The source was someone on twitter. Maconie said that The Smiths and Abba were the two great groups who could reform but haven't yet.
I thought that the mention of Coachella being meat free suggested a line up including Morrissey and if it were to be The Smiths it would have to be Johnny. If it's true it'd be Mike Joyce missing.

never gonna happen......

Possibility #1: This is rubbish as usual.

Possibility #2: It is without Morrissey.

Possibility #3: Hell has frozen over??

My guess is on Andy, Mike and...er...Craig Gannon.

xxxxx

Last edited:
Johnny is a vegetarian too, so having it be a meat free event still matches what a famous Smith would want.

This false rumor is based on this recent Moz quote:

http://www.news.com.au/news/morrissey-the-extended-interview/story-fnejnl1p-1226481783583

Q: At Coachella a few years you complained about the waft of burning flesh from a nearby barbeque. Has that been a problem since at outdoor shows?

A: Not at all, and interestingly the agents for Coachella offered a 100-per-cent vegetarian event for the following year if I would agree to headline with Johnny Marr as the Smiths. Fascinatingly they made it clear that they would 'not require' the Smiths' bass player or drummer ... which I thought certainly said something.

As previously mentioned, until the words actually come out from Morrissey's boca (via TTY), I won't believe anything said or written. But can you imagine a setlist of just Smiths??? Coachella will sell out in minutes if there are no other US dates.

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Ra

I've ordered a new hat so this better be true.

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Ra

My guess is on Andy, Mike and...er...Craig Gannon.

Vinny Peculiar without the singer?

This false rumor is based on this recent Moz quote:

http://www.news.com.au/news/morrissey-the-extended-interview/story-fnejnl1p-1226481783583

Q: At Coachella a few years you complained about the waft of burning flesh from a nearby barbeque. Has that been a problem since at outdoor shows?

A: Not at all, and interestingly the agents for Coachella offered a 100-per-cent vegetarian event for the following year if I would agree to headline with Johnny Marr as the Smiths. Fascinatingly they made it clear that they would 'not require' the Smiths' bass player or drummer ... which I thought certainly said something.

I haven't listened to the programme, but when I read DVWMC's post immediately I thought about the interview.

Last edited:
I must say, the comments to this post have been the funniest I've seen in a long, long time on this site. Well done...

I'll believe it's true when it's posted on true-to-you.net.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom