Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Radcliffe and Maconie

UPDATE 5:30PM PT:

Response from Morrissey's rep:

'The Smiths will NEVER get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors - HitFix

This is what was just said on Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC6Music. The claim is that the next Coachella festival is to be meat free and 3 of the 4 Smiths will be playing there together.
The 1 missing was not named. You can listen to it online on BBc I-player, after 4 0 clock today when the show ends.
I hope it's true.

Other rumors at Holy Moly! (link posted by ToDieByYourSide):

The Smiths will reform in 2013 - confirmed by several sources with rumour of Glastonbury - Holy Moly!

Excerpt:

We’ve now heard from several credible sources that The Smiths have agreed to reform in 2013 for four UK shows. And despite such rumours turning out to be total balls in the past, this one has enough weight to it that we’re prepared to call it confirmed, and hang the consequences.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream come true Morrissey singing with reall musicians/ a reall band mentality !
Can't see Johnny in a dress or the others being told what t-shirt to wear.
Also if they cover any solo songs just imagine how good they're gonna sound.
Never mind three get em all Moz,Marr,Rourke,Joyce and Gannon!
OOoooosshhhhhh

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Ra

A reunion will never happen and all these rumours are nonsense.

With our luck, it's all true...however, the world is going to end on December 21st 2012.

Another thing to note is that these rumors are out the day after pre-registration for Glatonbury closed. We'll know for certain by Oct 7 when tickets go on sale.

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Ra

I think something may have been lost in translation here. If it ever happens it'll be Morrissey, Marr, Rourke and drummer 'X'. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss these rumours out of hand here. There's something about it this time, can't quite put my finger on it...

P.

:lbf: Oh come on Unk, you've said that every time there's been the slightest whiff of a hint that M&M might do something. This is the one, no, really, etc

I still say usual twitter balderdash based on that recent Aussie interview quote; 2+2+2wits = 1983 please :crazy:

If it happens I'll eat my fedora...:yum:

This is not true. The source of this rumor admitted he was 'generously speculating.'

No, much more than that, an adding up of events and cryptic comments.

P.

What events? What cryptic comments?

Has there been a full moon?

Very tech savvy to deactivate FB. Johnny simply doesn't want to get millions of comments from users.

So you are now speaking on behalf of Johhny? lol

He gets "Reunion rumour" comments hundreds of times every day. I'm starting to believe there is something in the speculation now. Btw I don't think Johnny has deactivated his account - it's still showing in my feed? He did delete a link to the reunion story, though.

Still active here too

I think it goes without saying rumors like these seem to bubble up every couple years and have clearly proven untrue.

Perhaps it's my cynicism rearing its ugly head again, but I serious believe Moz might do something like this if it guaranteed his ability to release his finished album and promote the release of his autobiography.

I blame Coachella - they usually put out the annual rumour that Bowie is going to perform the Ziggy Stardust album in its entirety. But given that Bowie is retired, I guess The Smiths are the next best target...

and PS - loving the way the mods use this forum as the platform for the special insights. Hilarious.

Clearly, this is to get us all talking about Moz, to bring attention to his tour in the states!

I will eat my own shit if the smiths reform.

And than I will enjoy the shows.

Fingers crossed.

Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Oh well, it was fun imagining for a second, I had Meg White drumming for Joyce. I'd die to hear Johnny play FOTGTD or Pigsty. The Smiths ain't dead in my brain. :p

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom